Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Kintsugi, God really sent her three white butterflies that day cus she crafted one of her best songs :wowcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

16 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I know exactly who i'm blaming but i don't wanna trigger some people because it's been said many many times, and for good reason. :ma:

I’ll be honest I miss Rick and Dan and David and Emile :toofunny:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Me moving let the light in back into the tracklist

Jesus take the wheel

kiormaraj.gif

I can say with certainty that there is no bad song on this album. If you think a song is bad, it's because you didn't get into the right vibe, but all songs are definitely capable of creating a certain (and quite often intense) vibe .

5 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

@ the Kintusgi haters i just know y’all would eat it up so bad if it was some obscure laptop demo from 2011

i pretended paris texas was from the born to die era and suddenly i liked it, weird how that happens 

21 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

It’s at 81 for me with 19 reviews. Not seeing LA times there though. 

Yes, they just added the Exclaim, BPM, The Observer and musicOMH reviews. They haven’t added the LA Times and Record Collector reviews yet. 

EDIT: Strangely enough, MC hasn’t uploaded LA Times’ review of Miles Cyrus’ Endless Summer Vacation either, and that one was released two weeks ago.

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i pretended paris texas was from the born to die era and suddenly i liked it, weird how that happens 

Literally after I found out Blue Banisters was full of Ultraviolence outtakes it became one of my fav albums lmao. Slay is just a mindset 

15 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

@ the Kintusgi haters i just know y’all would eat it up so bad if it was some obscure laptop demo from 2011

I don't know what but I completely agree, it makes perfect sense to me :oprah3:

2 hours ago, fine china said:

The album overall is beautiful and I can see her vision with it. The weakest songs for me are Paris, Texas, Grandfather, and Peppers. I enjoy the album. I want to stress that I am not saying I want her to revisit old material because I know that’s how people will interpret this. However, there was a different quality to her work pre-NFR and maybe even before LFL (minus a few tracks, mainly unreleased ones from that time). There was something there that isn’t so present in the music anymore and it’s totally okay for some people to long for that again. Listening to this album and then listening to songs like Old Money, Dragon Slayer, etc, there is something different there. I don’t expect her to go back to that style because she’s growing as a person and I appreciate it. But I am allowed to miss that story-telling and atmosphere that old songs had. Once again, I love this new music too, but the older music had that atmosphere and maybe it’s the current producers she’s working with contributing to that (minus Jon Batiste). 

no i get what you're trying to say, i think cinematic is the word you're looking for. she really lost a lot of her cinematic element from lust for life onwards 

Though both songs are AMAZING and are more original that way, I would still love :

• a version of Candy Necklace with more of the "Rockefeller..." parts ;
  • a longer version of Taco Truck 

:oprah3:

At the same time, really glad they went for something less predictable :xcry:

Haven't done it yet but my current album ranking update: 

UV > HM > BTD > LFL > NFR > OB > BB > COCC

How i predict it will be over time:

UV > HM > BTD > OB > LFL > NFR > BB > COCC

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Haven't done it yet but album ranking update:

UV > HM > BTD > LFL > NFR > OB > BB > COCC

the way this is virtually my personal ranking too :true: although sometimes btd, lfl and nfr switch positions depending on my vibe of the day

1 minute ago, kuntsugi said:

the way this is virtually my personal ranking too :true: although sometimes btd, lfl and nfr switch positions depending on my vibe of the day

Yeah i'm always moving around LFL and NFR haha. One things for sure though and that's UV and HM remain at the top and COCC and BB remain at the bottom :true:

4 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Yeah i'm always moving around LFL and NFR haha. One things for sure though and that's UV and HM remain at the top and COCC and BB remain at the bottom :true:

facts sista :true: 

13 minutes ago, kuntsugi said:

no i get what you're trying to say, i think cinematic is the word you're looking for. she really lost a lot of her cinematic element from lust for life onwards 

Yes that’s the word. Each song felt like a whole world. I want to stress that I still love the current music! And I also miss the cinematic experience. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over