Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

I have much to say but it comes in waves. 

This album has me rethinking my entire life. My past present and future. I have the urge to start over, to fall in love, to find something meaningful. 

It has me thinking about the white butterflies in my life. I wasn’t able to be there when my great grandmother passed or my best friend, but I was there for my grandfather. 

My twin sister gave birth around the same time chuck did. We almost lost her and the baby. The fragility of life. The idea that anything can be completely gone in a single moment. 

And at the end of all of it, heartbreak and healing. The parts of yourself you lost to other people. The light at the end of the tunnel filling in all the broken pieces. 

It’s just all so real. This album covers me like a blanket of racing thoughts and contemplations. It really is one of the most beautiful and touching bodies of art I’ve experienced in a long time. 

faSE.gif

10 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

Kintsugi is fighting with Candy Necklace for the first place in my ranking. :oprah3:

Kintsugi knows tai quan dao, she's winning this fight :hottie:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 minutes ago, SuperMegaStan said:

I hope that they will upload LA Times’ score, because they still haven’t added the review of Miley’s album, lol. In fact, the last review on MC is the one for SZA’s album last December. 

Perhaps we should spam LA Times’ music critic. Poor thing needs to understand that such delays are unacceptable. :ma:

1 minute ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

I hope that they will upload LA Times’ score, because they still haven’t added the review of Miley’s album, lol. In fact, the last review on MC is the one for SZA’s album last December. 

Perhaps we should spam LA Times’ music critic. Poor thing needs to understand that such delays are unacceptable. :ma:

They have to add LA times, it will surely increase the score to 82/83

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Interesting that people think this album is not “classic Lana” in terms of production value etc. Maybe I’m just an optimist but I found myself loving this album because it felt so close to the 2010-2017 music. Grandfather, Paris, Let The Light In, Peppers and Fishtail really feel like a Lana I’ve known and loved before :wub: As opposed to the shitty clunky mess that was majority of the 2021 tracks :P

I do agree tho, Lana has changed as an artist since meeting Jack Antonoff and I’m still unsure whether it was for better or for worse

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

1 minute ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Hopefully never. I want to see that egg suffer. 

he counts for metacritic right? i feel like he's gonna give her a 7/8

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

he counts for metacritic right? i feel like he's gonna give her a 7/8

I’m not sure whether he does or not but I just do not like that man

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

Fantano review i assume drops either today or tomorrow

A&W and Candy Necklace are so dark and dreamy. Two best songs on the album imo. Let the Light in is growing on me to be one of the better tracks. Peppers is iconic

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

11 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

someone please also politely ask The Quietus to make it a 100/100 review :wink:

giphy.gif