Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

he counts for metacritic right? i feel like he's gonna give her a 7/8

He only counts for AOTY. I think he’ll give it a 7, but an 8 isn’t out of the question as long as he digs Side D (probably not, lol).

6 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Interesting that people think this album is not “classic Lana” in terms of production value etc. Maybe I’m just an optimist but I found myself loving this album because it felt so close to the 2010-2017 music. Grandfather, Paris, Let The Light In, Peppers and Fishtail really feel like a Lana I’ve known and loved before :wub: As opposed to the shitty clunky mess that was majority of the 2021 tracks :P

I do agree tho, Lana has changed as an artist since meeting Jack Antonoff and I’m still unsure whether it was for better or for worse

i'd say this album is pretty much "classic lana" imo but in a lust for life way rather than a born to die way. but i also know a lot of people don't consider anything post-honeymoon as "classic lana" so maybe that's their case. to me ocean blvd is as classic lana as it could be :dmd:

Just now, kuntsugi said:

i'd say this album is pretty much "classic lana" imo but in a lust for life way rather than a born to die way. but i also know a lot of people don't consider anything post-honeymoon as "classic lana" so maybe that's their case. to me ocean blvd is as classic lana as it could be :dmd:

i consider btd-nfr to be "classic lana" and everything after is derived from nfr lol... this album def has elements of "classic lana' to me, ESPECIALLY candy necklace, when i first heard it i couldn't believe it wasn't a uv-honeymoon era outtake

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Metacritic their job is to add reviews. It’s not the critics job. Don’t bother people unnecessarily idk why this had to be said :awkney:. If you want reviews to be added, just email the metacrtic team. It has nothing to do with reviewers.

Also Metacritic assigns scores to unscored reviews themselves. The reviewers don’t send them scores. Tends to be on the lower side too unless they get confirmation from the critic. One review of UV was changed from 80 to 90 after the reviewer confirmed it was a 90 on twitter. Meta initially scored it as an 80 review.

the craziest thing to me about this album is how all of the controversy of the last few years/controversial lines on this album just... didnt matter :air:

hardly any negative comments in any of the reviews about them, no mega-viral cancellation tweets and if anything most of the lines have been called funny on tiktok :air:

we really made it out of the trenches

the second verse of candy necklace is one of my favorite moments on the entire album:hype:

sitting on the sofa feeling super suicidal, hate to say the word but baby hand on the bible...

btw what is the word she hates to say, suicidal? or bible?

3 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

hardly any negative comments in any of the reviews about them, no mega-viral cancellation tweets and if anything most of the lines have been called funny on tiktok :air:

Someone said today they found the white women line on TikTok but not sure if she's getting cancelled for it :bebe: I stopped using TikTok because it causes anxiety for me.

Just now, taco truck said:

btw what is the word she hates to say, suicidal? or bible?

I assume suicidal in this context but it's ambiguous.

Just now, hotshot2am said:

Someone said today they found the white women line on TikTok but not sure if she's getting cancelled for it :bebe: I stopped using TikTok because it causes anxiety for me.

No one is canceling her and people are being dramatic lol

I assume suicidal in this context.

me too but i like the idea that she isn't making it totally clear which one she is referencing

28 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

I hope that they will upload LA Times’ score, because they still haven’t added the review of Miley’s album, lol. In fact, the last review on MC is the one for SZA’s album last December. 

Perhaps we should spam LA Times’ music critic. Poor thing needs to understand that such delays are unacceptable. :ma:

Are you sure they still count for MC? Kind of weird that MC doesn’t have any music reviews from them this year. 

I assume suicidal in this context.

i mean theres obviously going to be some people criticizing it but if that line was released in 2021 there would be 20 million viewed videos, celebrities tweeting about their disappointment with her, think-pieces from every large publication in imagination etc. 

also this album and its success so far kind of proves that she is beyond the point of being able to be cancelled :bebe: 

1 minute ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

When I first heard the Rockafella my umbrella Instagram clip I was not loving it, I thought it was giving BB :air:

But the final version of Candy Necklace snatched my wig :true:

Fr I was expecting another Arcadia lowkey but instead we got one of her darkest songs... and it's a masterpiece

4 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

I love the album and I do connect with it, it's just that it's taking a toll on me emotionally speaking. It's way too dark and twisted, and I'm not in my best days lately. It's really such a bad timing. Maybe it'll become my go-to sad album, just like Ultraviolence was for me when I was a teen. Can't stop listening though.

Totally understand! I have been definitely avoiding the heavier songs for this reason. Take care!

6 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

Mid to bad critics seem to weigh so much more than good reviews somehow… I remember COTCC went from 85 to 81 after the Sputnik critic was added. Really hope Ocean Blvd will stay above 80, I know critics don’t always mean a lot when it comes to how good an album is, but it’s objectively better than BB (and BB was my second favourite Lana album ever)

well. Sputnik gave this album 4.0/5.0 so this time they better add it

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing