Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

17 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

back to 81/100 on Metacritic! the LA times’ review is yet to be added

Beats per Minute saves the day

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

well. Sputnik gave this album 4.0/5.0 so this time they better add it

Sputnik is weird - the only reviews that count from them are the reviews that are tagged "Staff" I believe. So the current 4/5 is a user review and won't count.

But I don't know if it already having a user review means it won't get a staff review or what. The fact that this website counts toward review aggregators always baffles me. It is no different than RYM/AOTY :rip: 

I love the melody of the verses and ESPECIALLY the pre-chorus of Candy Necklace but I wish the chorus was different... still an incredible song and I hope we get to understand at some point what they meant when they teased about the lore and backstory

soon 😍🚀

5 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Sputnik is weird - the only reviews that count from them are the reviews that are tagged "Staff" I believe. So the current 4/5 is a user review and won't count.

But I don't know if it already having a user review means it won't get a staff review or what. The fact that this website counts toward review aggregators always baffles me. It is no different than RYM/AOTY :rip: 

The Ultraviolence review was also written by a user, and was added on Metacritic. 

I don't understand. :assad:

Am I the only one who saw the tour rumors?

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

19 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Fr I was expecting another Arcadia lowkey but instead we got one of her darkest songs... and it's a masterpiece

but... arcadia >>> candy necklace

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

I can’t stop feeling there’s strong a connection between Grandfather and Lana’s Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood. I mean:

But I’m just a soul whose intentions are good

But I have good intentions even if I’m one of the last ones
coupled with the lush and bombastic atmosphere combines the best of Honeymoon’s and NFR’s worlds. I think it’s probably my favorite track of the album and a big big Lana song in general for me. It’s otherworldly.

IMG-7960.jpg

6 minutes ago, cominguplavender said:

one thing i love about forums is that there really is room for… every opinion! <3 very diverse crowd we got here

6 minutes ago, syrup amour said:

Am I the only one who saw the tour rumors?

I mean, Rob said she was touring, but we just aren’t really sure if he just meant the festival tour she’s doing or an actual tour tour, so idk can’t really jump to any conclusions rn

Imagine if someone lile Lana "asking you if you want something to eat"

i mean, Let The Light In is even sweeter than Sweet :lange:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

I don’t think this will be her last album before she takes a break but I do think she should aim for a break after the next one atleast- we had the quickest timescale for people being done with the album already and opening Lana Del X :lmao: longevity may be an issue here 

10 minutes ago, cominguplavender said:

speaking of unpopular opinions lmao my favorite lana song is genuinely text book and the only thing that could surpass it from this album could be kintsugi or maybe fingertips... idk the verses, the switch ups, the chorus, the post chorus or whatever it is... genius. "do you think if i go blond we could get our old love back?" "you know i'm not that girl, you know i'll never be"

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

Exclaim, Pitchfork, Variety & Observer really coming through this time on Metacritic.

It's a shame that Gigwise isn't count for this. Cmon LA Times.

also what does she mean by "i have good intentions even if i'm one of the last ones" last ones of what lol i'm struggling