Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

the real problem is the ugly a&w pic where lana's hair looks fried that is the new pic every article decides to use:slayty:

I forgot about that LMAO. :eartha:

I thought they would use pics for the other singles like the title track. :bebe:

1 minute ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i love that picture of her, we've been through some worse photos than that :true:

for some reason i hate it lol:air: i feel like this era has been so much more glam but the one photo she puts out where she looks a little bit a mess is the one EVERY article has decided to use:bebe:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

16 minutes ago, fine china said:

In my mind they are grocery bags. I picture her mom having gone grocery shopping and a young Lana trying to get her attention while tracing her fingertips over the grocery bags. 

ya i picture like lana went grocery shopping and she has her hands on the bags on the counter and she just starts spiraling over all her history in that silent moment or something

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

2 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

I forgot about that LMAO. :eartha:

I thought they would use pics for the other singles like the title track. :bebe:

i hate this photo too but this one is more personal because she looks like my stepmom and it freaks me out:air:

21 minutes ago, taco truck said:

neil posted a picture of a creepy church and tagged the guy who did the drawings for ocean blvd, and exit magazine, do we think this is for lana?

Wait gerls… so these are his most recent posts:

Screen-Shot-2023-03-28-at-8-11-58-am.png

1. See how the church pic has a double exposure effect with a shoreline behind it? This is the same as three other pics from the album campaign (it’s also pink?):

18.jpg?format=1000w 15.jpg?format=1000w 10.jpg?format=1000w

2. We still don’t know what that stray Lana photo is from, but she’s wearing a headband which she isn’t wearing in any other photos from the campaign.

3. There is a wave pic with every vinyl variant. 🧠

We know Neil took 65 photos for this campaign, and if I’ve counted correctly we’ve only seen 30 of them. And if Kaiman Kazazian is tagged in the church pic 👀 I would have never believed it but maybe there actually is a deluxe edition coming… or a sequel album?

Something like…?

image.jpg

5 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i love that picture of her, we've been through some worse photos than that :true:

i love it too! like it's the opposite of what you'd expect a picture of an american whore to be. she's got no makeup, very natural, almost wholesome, clothes are not revealing, she's outside instead of a hotel or bedroom. giving "it's not what you think" 

1 minute ago, honey dew said:

1. See how the church pic has a double exposure effect with a shoreline behind it? This is the same as three other pics from the album campaign (it’s also pink?):

2. We still don’t know what that stray Lana photo is from, but she’s wearing a headband which she isn’t wearing in any other photos from the campaign.

We know Neil took 65 photos for this campaign, and if I’ve counted correctly we’ve only seen 30 of them. And if Kaiman Kazazian is tagged in the church pic 👀 I would have never believed it but maybe there actually is a deluxe edition coming… or a sequel album?

Something like…?

image.jpg

i love this but he tagged exit magazine which makes me think the church is just from a magazine photoshoot he did/ is doing with lana

5 minutes ago, bluebanist said:

Atp I think the Margaret hate is FORCED! Just cause Jack has vocals..

I would hate it the same amount whether Jack in it or not :legend: I just don't see Lana's artistry shine in that song, and this is the only song i feel like this

8 minutes ago, shadesofearthquakes said:

I think this is possible, as Change was the last song added to LFL and she said that it would kind of set the tone sonically for the next album (stripped piano ballads) :true:

Yes, I just remembered Change was the last minute addition. And the first songs she wrote for NFR was Hope and Love Song. So they sonically connect.

We know Candy Necklace is last minute addition, so let’s see what happens.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Have been reading a bit about Black Dahlia and the story is just horrifying.

There's even pictures of her face and body after being found and the whole thing is too horrible. Don't know which kind of approach to it could make it less disgusting, but for now I can't even listen to the song after associating it with that terrible event.

9 minutes ago, honey dew said:

Something like…?

image.jpg

So I may be delusional but I saw this track list idk if it's fake, stuff like this could absolutely be faked, but I'm praying cause this would be amazinngg🙏 Screenshot-20230327-172620-Tik-Tok.jpg

unnamed.gif

15 minutes ago, honey dew said:

And if Kaiman Kazazian is tagged in the church pic 👀

i love the idea but also unfortunately kaiman collaborates with him on most of his projects and has for a long time (she models in his photography, does styling, drawing for lana, they might actually be in a relationship??? i can’t figure it out .. or just good friends ..) but anyways she’s basically always involved with his work lana related or not

the mock-up you made though OMFGGGG it looks good … the world where that exists is the world i want to be in

sUcVobB.png

10 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Yes, I just remembered Change was the last minute addition. And the first songs she wrote for NFR was Hope and Love Song. So they sonically connect.

We know Candy Necklace is last minute addition, so let’s see what happens.

i do feel like get free def influenced the sound of nfr as well though, the outro even fades into the intro of nfr. maybe we will get a mix of candy necklace and taco truck? tbh that gives aka vibes to me

I couldn’t handle it

I was in Monaco

I couldn’t hear what they said on the telephone

I had to sing for the prince in two hours

Sat in the shower

Gave myself two seconds to cry 

It’s a shame that we die

:trisha: in shambles