Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

He said that there was a surprise for the fans coming and it was the first time they were doing something like that, we know he was very excited about it. 

What can it be to have Boz that much excited? I personally think the surprise was the listening party cus that specifically for the fans :/

It's possible but he seemed more excited than the listening parties warranted, and didn't he also say that it wasn't related to album tracks?

we couldn't have "did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean boulevard?" without lana, but we also couldn't have it without jon batiste, judah smith, jack antonoff, drew erickson, tommy genesis, father john misty, RIOPY, or SYML which were all a result of lana bringing them all together, which couldn't have happened if lana didn't know them in the first place, so we couldn't have it without every moment that led up to lana meeting all of these people and building up friendships with them, but what if lana didn't meet these people? what if they never existed? we wouldn't have the album without lana's parents, and everybody else's parents or grandparents, or great-grandparents, or great-great-grandparents, or great-great-great-grandparents, if you go back far enough, everybody's parents will lead back to the same woman, the mitochondrial eve, the woman we're likely all descendants from, we are all technically related to lana and all of her collaborators and friends to some level, we are all extensions of lana and this entirely unique group of collaborators, our distant ancestors who are more likely to be distant ancestors of lana and her friends contributed by simply having children, every moment in human history may have led up to the creation of "did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean boulevard?", but strangely enough, if our very distant ancestor did something slightly different, for example, give birth two days before, or live in a different location, we may have had a differently album entirely, but because our ancestors, and because lana and her friends did exactly what they did, we actually couldn't have "pearl watch me on ring a bell psycho lifeguard"

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

This might be an unpopular opinion, but if you don’t enjoy her slower and stripped back music you might as well unstan. since 2019 we’ve been going through this same cycle where they keep trashing the album because it has piano ballads? you can be a fan of her old albums or whatever but take your negative energy somewhere else. it’s her new style and you’re gonna have to put up with it

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

It's possible but he seemed more excited than the listening parties warranted, and didn't he also say that it wasn't related to album tracks?

Well, that would make me think it was something else what he was referring to, I remember someone asking him if the surprise was the grants being a single and he said that the surprise was not related to a specific song😭

I want to believe something big is coming 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

we couldn't have "did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean boulevard?" without lana, but we also couldn't have it without jon batiste, judah smith, jack antonoff, drew erickson, tommy genesis, father john misty, RIOPY, or SYML which were all a result of lana bringing them all together, which couldn't have happened if lana didn't know them in the first place, so we couldn't have it without every moment that led up to lana meeting all of these people and building up friendships with them, but what if lana didn't meet these people? what if they never existed? we wouldn't have the album without lana's parents, and everybody else's parents or grandparents, or great-grandparents, or great-great-grandparents, or great-great-great-grandparents, if you go back far enough, everybody's parents will lead back to the same woman, the mitochondrial eve, the woman we're likely all descendants from, we are all technically related to lana and all of her collaborators and friends to some level, we are all extensions of lana and this entirely unique group of collaborators, our distant ancestors who are more likely to be distant ancestors of lana and her friends contributed by simply having children, every moment in human history may have led up to the creation of "did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean boulevard?", but strangely enough, if our very distant ancestor did something slightly different, for example, give birth two days before, or live in a different location, we may have had a differently album entirely, but because our ancestors, and because lana and her friends did exactly what they did, we actually couldn't have "pearl watch me on ring a bell psycho lifeguard"

img_9651.jpg

Capture.jpg

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:
Spoiler

Do your fingertips hurt after typing that 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

can't wait for "surf noir interlude" on LDRX where she reads out this posttulla-luana-web-diva.gif

sUcVobB.png

6 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

img_9651.jpg

Actually, there’s neither nothing to be happy or about nor sad. For you see, @Surf Noir was saying that this album couldn't exist it without jon batiste, judah smith, jack antonoff, drew erickson, tommy genesis, father john misty, RIOPY, or SYML which were all a result of lana bringing them all together, which couldn't have happened if lana didn't know them in the first place, so we couldn't have it without every moment that led up to lana meeting all of these people and building up friendships with them, but what if lana didn't meet these people? what if they never existed? we wouldn't have the album without lana's parents, and everybody else's parents or grandparents, or great-grandparents, or great-great-grandparents, or great-great-great-grandparents, if you go back far enough, everybody's parents will lead back to the same woman, the mitochondrial eve, the woman we're likely alldescendants from, we are all technically related to lana and all of her collaborators and friends to some level, we are all extensions of lana and this entirely unique group of collaborators, our distant ancestors who are more likely to be distant ancestors of lana and her friends contributed by simply having children, every moment in human history may have led up to the creation of "did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean boulevard?", but strangely enough, if our very distant ancestor did something slightly different, for example, give birth two days before, or live in a different location, we may have had a differently album entirely, but because our ancestors, and because lana and her friends did exactly what they did, we actually couldn’t have "pearl watch me on ring a bell psycho lifeguard", and that’s not a judgement of happiness or sadness. That just is. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

8 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Well, that would make me think it was something else what he was referring to, I remember someone asking him if the surprise was the grants being a single and he said that the surprise was not related to a specific song😭

I want to believe something big is coming 

It probably is nothing tbh, I just feel like teasing the listening parties isn't that big of a deal so for him to vanish over that would be bizarre. They were definitely a fun bit of promo, but they weren't some massive unheard of surprise. @Mer is probably right and it was just someone reporting him for the cumulative spilling he does, but he posts about a lot of stuff so I wonder why he wouldn't just stop rather than his whole accounting being deleted. We may never know :oprah3:

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

Actually, there’s neither nothing to be happy or about nor sad. For you see, @Surf Noir was saying that this album couldn't exist it without jon batiste, judah smith, jack antonoff, drew erickson, tommy genesis, father john misty, RIOPY, or SYML which were all a result of lana bringing them all together, which couldn't have happened if lana didn't know them in the first place, so we couldn't have it without every moment that led up to lana meeting all of these people and building up friendships with them, but what if lana didn't meet these people? what if they never existed? we wouldn't have the album without lana's parents, and everybody else's parents or grandparents, or great-grandparents, or great-great-grandparents, or great-great-great-grandparents, if you go back far enough, everybody's parents will lead back to the same woman, the mitochondrial eve, the woman we're likely alldescendants from, we are all technically related to lana and all of her collaborators and friends to some level, we are all extensions of lana and this entirely unique group of collaborators, our distant ancestors who are more likely to be distant ancestors of lana and her friends contributed by simply having children, every moment in human history may have led up to the creation of "did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean boulevard?", but strangely enough, if our very distant ancestor did something slightly different, for example, give birth two days before, or live in a different location, we may have had a differently album entirely, but because our ancestors, and because lana and her friends did exactly what they did, we actually couldn'thave "pearl watch me on ring a bell psycho lifeguard"

:ohmy: thank you so much @Mer for helping me fully grasp what @Surf Noir said. now i understand that we couldn't have "did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean boulevard?" without lana, but we also couldn't have it without jon batiste, judah smith, jack antonoff, drew erickson, tommy genesis, father john misty, RIOPY, or SYML which were all a result of lana bringing them all together, which couldn't have happened if lana didn't know them in the first place, so we couldn't have it without every moment that led up to lana meeting all of these people and building up friendships with them, but what if lana didn't meet these people? what if they never existed? we wouldn't have the album without lana's parents, and everybody else's parents or grandparents, or great-grandparents, or great-great-grandparents, or great-great-great-grandparents, if you go back far enough, everybody's parents will lead back to the same woman, the mitochondrial eve, the woman we're likely all descendants from, we are all technically related to lana and all of her collaborators and friends to some level, we are all extensions of lana and this entirely unique group of collaborators, our distant ancestors who are more likely to be distant ancestors of lana and her friends contributed by simply having children, every moment in human history may have led up to the creation of "did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean boulevard?", but strangely enough, if our very distant ancestor did something slightly different, for example, give birth two days before, or live in a different location, we may have had a differently album entirely, but because our ancestors, and because lana and her friends did exactly what they did, we actually couldn't have "pearl watch me on ring a bell psycho lifeguard"

Capture.jpg

14 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but if you don’t enjoy her slower and stripped back music you might as well unstan. since 2019 we’ve been going through this same cycle where they keep trashing the album because it has piano ballads? you can be a fan of her old albums or whatever but take your negative energy somewhere else. it’s her new style and you’re gonna have to put up with it

The weirdest part about people complaining about piano ballads right now is that this is literally a rollercoaster of an album. Like yes there's lots of piano, but are they listening to the same album I am? It's a whole wild trip. :wowcry:

35 minutes ago, Mer said:

imbaby.jpg

I feel like we should just laugh bc clearly that person has major issues to say something like that in the first place. 

That was my honest reaction, confused laughter on the inside :crai: Like I know all these subs and forums are more or less anonymous but I still find it bizarre (to say the least...) to openly state things like that, can't wrap my mind around it

Whatever forever :illumilana2: