Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,056 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

37 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

it's so funny that we're already discussing what the next album will sound like when this one got released just 4 days ago :hillary:

Lana herself got us used to this by talking about the next album on the day another one was released.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

That user 'Mike Dean Is A God' really predicted it last year - 2022&2023 will be the golden age of Lana. And a resurgence back into tons of fame.

In retrospect, WCE seemed to be a solid choice- got Gen Z teen fans in and the Taylor collab made her go viral.

:wub:as much as we mock Ben, he does seem to be making a few good choices. 

With her maybe being in the Barbie/Mermaid movie soundtrack or both- she will forever be famous .

1 hour ago, peachlipgloss said:

i think fingertips was really important to have on this album and while i realize that a lot of ppl can’t resonate with basically spoken word poetry as a 6 minute song, i am always fascinated and enamored to hear a streamline of her inner most thoughts. personally i want to know everything and i’m grateful that she wants to share it with us

I find fingertips better than kintsugi 

9 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

That user 'Mike Dean Is A God' really predicted it last year - 2022&2023 will be the golden age of Lana. And a resurgence back into tons of fame.

In retrospect, WCE seemed to be a solid choice- got Gen Z teen fans in and the Taylor collab made her go viral.

:wub:as much as we mock Ben, he does seem to be making a few good choices. 

With her maybe being in the Barbie/Mermaid movie soundtrack or both- she will forever be famous .

I’m pretty sure that was part of the campaign. People asking about the campaign. The roll out campaign has been on going since Water Color Eyes. Don’t forget Westworld incorporation. Video Games was covered and played on that show.

The only thing I’m kinda meh about is the weak Spotify playlisting. The album is not very streaming friendly or radio friendly. It’s definitely harder to make a deal with Spotify because of that. Her team is cheating their way through it a bit though. The 3 promo singles are spread apart perfectly leading to release. It gives her New Music Friday exposure every month. They didn’t even pay for placement I bet you until Candy Necklace. They are being cheap regarding Spotify.

The Tuesday releases were strategic to get high Spotify NMF placement on Friday. Spotify is editorial based but also algorithmically based. A&W would not be high on NMF had it been released on a regular Friday. I don’t think the Spotify team would believe a 7 minutes song would do well to be placed high but the Tuesday numbers proved them wrong. It got playlisted well on Friday. The Tuesday releases benefit her more Spotify definitely not on the official charts, but I think they care more about the album than the singles.

All of this wouldn’t be necessary if her team just straight up pay Spotify but they don’t.

I love Lana’s slower music, I don’t mind it at all. Many fans think that she won’t go back, but to be honest, I think she will go back to a more upbeat music. She has had a lot to say lately, and I feel like she said the last things she wanted to say on this album. The beginning of the album is slower, but towards the end we get trap beats me such. She’s happier now, and she has explained what she wanted to say.

I personally wish for an album that sound wise is similar to I talk to Jesus, Wild one, yth, old money. I still want an album named Waist Deep In Icy Waves

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

the mel's diner listening party  :deadbanana:  anyone who got there after like 5:40PM had to wait about 4 hours to get in.. the music was so low volume that you couldn't hear the album.. colton (store owner) did try and make it work but.. it wasn't it 

roFUdg6_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

on the bright side they did give out pins that were apparently "designed by lana with mel's, since she's a friend of the family, and she wants the fans here to know that she appreciates and loves you so much"

i also talked to a guy who was hired by charlie to film/take pics of the event.. he was an open book LMFAO if only y'all knew.. he was adorable tho x

:thumb3:

I've already played this album so much that I couldn't sleep last night because her songs were going round ad round in my head non stop. Literally obsessed, she put crack in these songs:illumilana2:

Idk why but I think it's so unfair almost EVERYONE (even non Lana stans) is loving and praising this album, but BB and COCC get almost zero love and get looked down upon. I seriously love BB much more than Ocean Blvd...

Idk why I'm so bothered about this :creep:

32 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

Candy Necklace entered my top5 faves songs ever :dua: 

Hide contents

Rockefeller my umbrella 

God I love you baby :godlaugh2:

Mine too…

45 minutes ago, Sweet said:

I feel like Taco Truck is a jab at critics and even the whole VB part too

“Spin it ‘til you whip it into white cream, baby. Print it into white and black pages, don’t faze me.”

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

14 minutes ago, Manson said:

Idk why but I think it's so unfair almost EVERYONE (even non Lana stans) is loving and praising this album, but BB and COCC get almost zero love and get looked down upon. I seriously love BB much more than Ocean Blvd...

Idk why I'm so bothered about this :creep:

I love every album of hers and thematically BB does have its own uniqueness

However, sonically, I think LFL and BB are her only albums that don't fully carry a specific mood and atmosphere

I think that's why BB is often overlooked lol

As for COCC, it's her shortest, it came right after NFR (which is my all time favorite) and some songs are juste cute (Breaking Up Slowly, Let Me Love You Like a Woman for instance)

SO in comparison now you have Ocean Blvd which is probably her most unique and experimental but still has some classic Lana AND Lizzy sounds that we love and enjoy

The instrumental of the Judas Smith interlude reminds me so much of Violet or Patent-Leather Do-Over. 

Enough days have passed for my top 5 (the songs I want to replay all the time but often don’t because I get excited for the rest of the album :angie:)

Ocean Blvd, Candy Necklace, Grandfather, Let The Light In, Fishtail

Which proves how insanely good this album is :oprah: , when a career highlight like A&W is not my fave, or when Fingertips or Kintsugi aren’t there. No songs are a skip (now that I got rid of the white man yelling :oic2:)

OMG now A&W is on spot no. 2 of Lana's most popular tracks on Spotify! :oprah4: so it's coming for Summertime Sadness' neck methinks :usrs:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

5 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

I love every album of hers and thematically BB does have its own uniqueness

However, sonically, I think LFL and BB are her only albums that don't fully carry a specific mood and atmosphere

I think that's why BB is often overlooked lol

As for COCC, it's her shortest, it came right after NFR (which is my all time favorite) and some songs are juste cute (Breaking Up Slowly, Let Me Love You Like a Woman for instance)

SO in comparison now you have Ocean Blvd which is probably her most unique and experimental but still has some classic Lana AND Lizzy sounds that we love and enjoy

It does feel like people forget that BB has Text Book, title track, Arcadia, Dealer, Thunder etc and COCC has probably her best title track ever, White Dress, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Yosemite...

Like these record have some of her absolute best tracks ever.

And I don't agree, there's nothing experimental about Ocean Blvd. I swear, no track has suprised me, sonically/style-wise. Unique? Mmmh, if NFR didn't exist maybe. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that people like it so much, but there's barely anything fresh on that record, though I could definitely agree that her lyrics are really amazing on this one.