Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Someone explain these lines to me: 

Think by the third of March, I was cracked open
Finally, the ground was cold, they wouldn't open

Who is they? What does she mean? 

8Qg234E.gif

Fingertips is creeping her way in ya'll, i'm starting to love it... the light is getting in :wowcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Can anybody create an album cover using the nude photo but add the original title "Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd Pearl Watch Me on Ring a Bell Psycho Lifeguard"?

One thing I love about is the collabs is that, for once, she didn’t do the «  gracious » ( and sometimes frustrating) thing of putting herself in the back vocal corner, even for some collabs for her previous albums. 
could some of the guests shine more? Yeah but their input doesn’t feel small to their songs. 

So you all are too positive today that's why I decided that it's the perfect day to say that for me Margaret adds literally nothing to this album. Both musically and lyrically. It's probably a nicer listen than interludes but while I listen to whole album it's the only track that makes me feel nothing. Like I want to punch Judas in his face when he starts screaming but at least it's some emotion. Margaret is new Beautiful, I'm sorry.:noparty:

P.S. love or like everything else though, so don't drag too much. :oprah3:

1 hour ago, Sweet said:

VDVAs3t.jpg

OMG this makes so much sense! “You can braid my hair” 🥰😍

If nothing more came out of this record than that I discovered Tommy, it still would have been a win.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

41 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

One thing I love about is the collabs is that, for once, she didn’t do the «  gracious » ( and sometimes frustrating) thing of putting herself in the back vocal corner, even for some collabs for her previous albums. 
could some of the guests shine more? Yeah but their input doesn’t feel small to their songs. 

Yeah i'm glad she didn't do that, this is how a collab is supposed to be when you're the main artist. FJM collab is a perfect example, he doesn't have his own verse but you still feel his presence greatly when he sings with her. Snow on the beach take notes :hottie:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I highly associate these photoshoots with these songs...

Lana Del Rey's 'Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd' Voted Favorite New Music –  Billboard

The Grants

Ocean Blvd

Let the Light In

52690904506_23f82889d1_o.jpg

A&W

Fishtail

Peppers

Taco Truck

52734267286_92d9720558_b.jpg

Kintsugi

Paris Texas

Margaret

570-FBE4-D-1-B0-C-4230-B073-4008-A5-B5830-A

Sweet

Candy Necklace

Fingertips

Grandfather

50 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

So you all are too positive today that's why I decided that it's the perfect day to say that for me Margaret adds literally nothing to this album. Both musically and lyrically. It's probably a nicer listen than interludes but while I listen to whole album it's the only track that makes me feel nothing. Like I want to punch Judas in his face when he starts screaming but at least it's some emotion. Margaret is new Beautiful, I'm sorry.:noparty:

P.S. love or like everything else though, so don't drag too much. :oprah3:

Margaret, Kintsugi and Fingertips are so similar - it's almost like one very slow song in three parts. That's why they're the least played on iTunes apparently (among the songs that aren't interludes).

That said, Margaret >> Kintsugi >> Fingertips. 

The track is considerably better than the other two imo.