Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,056 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

16 minutes ago, Elle said:

Pam & Anna are back in LA.. perhaps another photoshoot/video on the horizon?

wW5rDNA_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

bWnKyYj_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Also, something else to take with a major grain of salt -

Hide contents

BRTHR, who directed the Chemtrails video, is currently shooting something that looks incredibly Lizzy/Lana-coded. I can’t seem to find out what this project is or who it’s for, but.. imagine x

vsQLTMh_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&
U6j1PNO_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&
iJUu4zu_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

omg if it is for Lana I wonder what song it would be for...:oprah:

i couldn't handle it 

i was in Monaco

i couldn't hear what they said on the telephone

i had to sing for the prince in two hours

sat in the shower

gave myself two seconds to cry

it's a shame that we die

:crying4:

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

It might be an unpopular opinion but I've always loved the slow, dark and cinematic Lana better. I'm not a fan of rap or hip hop at all so songs like Summer Bummer, Off to the races, Peppers etc are not my favorites (but I still like them cause I don't know there is something about Lana...she's so different and her voice is so special and beautiful...)
I really love all of her albums and songs, even if I don't listen to certains songs without listening the albums!
My favourites on the last one are Candy Necklace, Sweet, Kintsugi, Paris, Texas and Grandfather <3

1 minute ago, Lyly said:

It might be an unpopular opinion but I always loved the slow, dark and cinematic Lana better. I'm not a fan of rap or hip hop at all so songs like Summer Bummer, Off to the races, Peppers etc are not my favorites (but I still like them cause I don't know there is something about Lana...she's so different and her voice is so special and beautiful...)
I really love all of her albums and songs, even if I don't listen to certains songs without listening the albums!
My favourites on the last ones are Candy Necklace, Sweet, Kintsugi, Paris, Texas and Grandfather <3

i dont rly listen to a lot of hip hop, but i love when lana includes it in her music. i have to be like in a certain mood for them, they're good for workouts. 

13 minutes ago, cominguplavender said:

i couldn't handle it 

i was in Monaco

i couldn't hear what they said on the telephone

i had to sing for the prince in two hours

sat in the shower

gave myself two seconds to cry

it's a shame that we die

:crying4:

wait where is this from 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

1 minute ago, jamesss said:

wait where is this from 

like verse 7 of fingertips i think? i'm not sure which verse it is but it's from fingertips

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

I like when Lana includes hip hop but from LFL onwards I’ve enjoyed less of the hip hop experiments- last one I truly enjoyed was summer bummer- if we include the trip hop stuff I enjoyed her random trip hop verse on don’t call me angel, Dark but just a game and how to disappear- I’d include Tulsa but don’t think it would qualify. 

I don’t like doin time and the rest- peppers is okay 

On 3/26/2023 at 5:15 PM, summer bummer said:

i’m curious, do we know what the late additions were for each album? of course we know this one but what were the others? 

BB had the outtake songs

COCC Had Yosemite

NFR had TNBAR 

Mfhp.gif

There's something about listening to this album at dawn that just kills me. Today, while leaving my house for work at 6AM, it was still dark outside and I pressed play on shuffle and Kintsugi came on... I had to skip it mid play because I didn't feel like crying on public display today lmao

18 minutes ago, Lyly said:

It might be an unpopular opinion but I've always loved the slow, dark and cinematic Lana better. I'm not a fan of rap or hip hop at all so songs like Summer Bummer, Off to the races, Peppers etc are not my favorites (but I still like them cause I don't know there is something about Lana...she's so different and her voice is so special and beautiful...)
My favourites on the last one are Candy Necklace, Sweet, Kintsugi, Paris, Texas and Grandfather <3

I love how Lana can do both, pretty dark songs and hip hop influenced songs. She is very versatile artist. I used to be not a fan hip hop/ rap but Lana has help me get into it more. 

7 hours ago, Manson said:

It does feel like people forget that BB has Text Book, title track, Arcadia, Dealer, Thunder etc and COCC has probably her best title track ever, White Dress, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Yosemite...

Like these record have some of her absolute best tracks ever.

While both those albums have some of her highest highs, I feel like they also have some of her lowest lows.. which sort of taints them as a whole (BB in particular, especially production wise) 

I feel like I’m one of the few people who absolutely love chemtrails, but even I can admit that a good chunk of the album sort of just feels like filler, and doesn’t quite seem necessary to the album as a whole (and the fact that the albums already so short doesn’t really help) 

Fingertips is like drinking a really strong type of red wine that feels sour at first but after a few sips it starts to take over you and you need more :xcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, Elle said:

Hide contents

BRTHR, who directed the Chemtrails video, is currently shooting something that looks incredibly Lizzy/Lana-coded. I can’t seem to find out what this project is or who it’s for, but.. imagine x

Oh fingers crossed BRTHR is shooting something for her :angie:

1 hour ago, Elle said:

Hide contents

Please be A&W or Peppers :crying:

9 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Oh fingers crossed BRTHR is shooting something for her :angie:

I hope :trisha: 

It looks like they were shooting some b-roll of someone skating in an empty pool which seems very lana.. 

and then the production designer posted this which is giving me major a&w / interview mag vibes…

FsUfqc4XgAEZpa6?format=jpg&name=large

6 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Never in a million years I would think I'd be obsessed with Jack singing on a Lana song :hide:

There's something about his nonsensical part that's so addictive.

Margaret is such a great song :icant:

Jack is amazing with melodies, songwriting and I too love his vocals on Margaret.

He shouldn’t be allowed near trap beats tho, I had a 16 year old who did better tracks I’m sorry