Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

So what's the general consensus about Fingertips leaked version vs released version? Do we call the uncensored leaked version a demo? A different mix? Is it allowed to be posted (not that I want to but if it's a demo?) What's the tea on that

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

15 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

"that fuck ass baby"

that is very nasty and disrespectful, and the fact that 25 people upvoted that...

there's nothing worse than someone who talks badly about little kids :true:

Spoiler

phoenix is also the most adorable little thing ever how could someone say that? :wowcry:

😋🫶🏼

God this album. It just. I can't. The words are absent :icant:

I'd be interested to know everyone's favourite vocal or production highlight from each track?

For me it's hard to narrow down but to keep it simple:

The Grants - "My Grandmother's last smile..."

Tunnel - everything in the last minute. The soundscape is huge. The choral is enchanting. The "Don't forget me"'s. Gorgeous

Sweet - children, marriage and marathons - simple and elegant production and light vocals. 

A&W - that transition. Holy f**k. So dark. The industrial electro effects on her vocals. Bliss.

Juda Smith - Erm. I suppose the piano in the background would make a gorgeous instrumental.

Candy Necklace - the jazzy piano bridge. Gives me tingles and I scream Chopin!

Jon Batiste - actually love the vibes. The crescendo when he shouts.

Kintsugi - the beauty of the melody of "Roadrunner Cafe" so beautiful, so sad and so very very relatable to me... and my mother.

Fingertips - Christ. I've yet to get through it without getting misty. Theres so many build ups and come downs but the highlight is "Watch tv by my side"

Paris, Texas - the bass during "went to SEE some friends of mine" gets me every time.

Grandfather - "Deep sea fishing for all the things he's wishing"

Light the Light in - the whole production! Her final chorus in falsetto is Divine. 

Margaret - "The Soul that you bring to the table" urgh there's magic on this track.

Fishtail - "Skinny dip inside your mind" and that beautiful little tingle in the production. I adore this track. Needed to be longer.

Peppers - the three "I'm in Love" 's

Taco truck - maybe unpopular opinion but the synthetic trumpets on VB are everything.

All in all I am really enjoying this era. The album is stunning and the highlights are career bests.

As a cohesive body of work NFR! Still ranks top, but it is very close second for Ocean Blvd. Just a couple of niggles keeps it from the top spot; had juda Smith been 90 seconds long it wouldn't kill the momentum and Peppers would be alot more successful without the sample, along with the cheap production that pales next to A&W which sounds polished and expensive by comparison.

Other than that I think we can say tracks like Sweet, Fingertips, Kingtsugi, Paris, Texas, Candy Necklace, Fishtail and The Grants symbolise Lana at her pinnacle of honest songwriting, exquisite compositions, beautiful vocal delivery and layered, profound production. She really does keep getting stronger and stronger every time she gets in that studio.

Long may it reign!

12 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

I just listened to peppers during my workout and it was amazing. But at the same time I also did my dips sets listening to Paris, Texas and it worked just as fine sooo :smile3:

How do you workout to peppers? It’s still a mid tempo- I could imagine off to the races or Lolita 

Even national anthem 

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

How do you workout to peppers? It’s still a mid tempo- I could imagine off to the races or Lolita 

Even national anthem 

I actually put "Fishtail" and "Peppers" on my running playlist and I find them pretty good for a lighter jog! 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

22 minutes ago, American Whore said:

So what's the general consensus about Fingertips leaked version vs released version? Do we call the uncensored leaked version a demo? A different mix? Is it allowed to be posted (not that I want to but if it's a demo?) What's the tea on that

why is no one talking about this? i’m also curious because i just realized after you told me since i didn’t listen to any of the leaks

10 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

Why are all you acting like the Judah smith interlude is so hard to comprehend? Bffr 

or the people acting like what he's saying is super offensive and uncomfortable... like maybe if you're cheating on your wife or abandoning your family. othwrwise what he's saying isn't bad at all and can still appeal to non-religious folks.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

Gonna be honest — it’s already been long enough for me to decide that Peppers might be my favorite song she’s ever released :defeated:Truly completes my holy trinity with PMIAM and OTTR :dance:

So sexy, so weird, and it’s got a goddamn Dick Dale interpolation!!!!!!

o4qjp4j.png

On 3/24/2023 at 10:16 AM, guns and roses said:
Spoiler

my attempt at a ranking:

1. Paris, Texas (that piano... :wowcry:)

2. Grandfather 

3. Let the Light In

4. Taco Truck

5. Margaret

6. Ocean Blvd

7. Candy Necklace

8. Kintsugi

9. Judah Smith Interlude 

10. The Grants

11. A&W 

12. Sweet

13. Jon Batiste Interlude

14. Fingertips

15. Peppers

16. Fishtail (it's a grower for me, this will probably change)

updated version

1. Let The Light In

2. Grandfather 

3. Paris, Texas

4. Fishtail

5. A&W

6. Ocean Blvd

7. Candy Necklace

8. Peppers

9. Judah Smith  

10. The Grants

11. Taco Truck 

12. Margaret

13. Kintsugi

14. Sweet

15. Fingertips 

16. Jon Batiste (a grower) 

😋🫶🏼

5 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

or the people acting like what he's saying is super offensive and uncomfortable... like maybe if you're cheating on your wife or abandoning your family. othwrwise what he's saying isn't bad at all and can still appeal to non-religious folks.

i just don’t like the screaming it scared me the first time i heard it. BUT i love the instrumental for thet interlude and i want the instrumentals to leak please