Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

THREEEEEEE WHITE BUTTERFLIES TO KNOW YOU’RE NEARRRRRRR

shouting-singing.gif

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

I know the album is already long, but I would've absolutely love a full fleshed out version of Taco Truck that transitioned into a full remixed version of Venice Bitch

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I'm having a hard time ranking, so I'll just break down my thoughts a different way:

1. A&W/Judah Smith Interlude/Candy Necklace/Jon Batiste Interlude
    • My favorite part of the album and the most impressive imo. I understand why people are upset about Judah Smith being on the album, but after hearing the interlude, I'd be actually upset if the interlude wasn't included. The instrumental is stunning, the sermon and his performance of it is powerful and thought-provoking yet so dark, unsettling, and heavy. I really love it. Lana's laughing also kinda makes it sound like she's making fun of him which just adds to it all, especially after this is following A&W (American Whore).
  2. Fishtail/Peppers/Taco Truck x VB
    • Fishtail has moved very rapidly up my mental ranking for the album, probably top 3. Peppers reminds me a lot of Lolita and Florida Kilos where I kinda love them and hate them at the same time. They all sound kind of jarring? I love Taco Truck x VB, just wish Taco Truck was a full fleshed out song that also led into the full 9 minute long remixed version of VB.
  3. Kintsugi/Fingertips/Paris, Texas
    • Kintsugi and Fingertips are some of her most revealing lyrics. They're both beautiful and I really do like them a lot, but they feel underwhelming being between the previous 4 songs (A&W/JSI/Candy Necklace/JBI) and Paris, Texas. Paris, Texas is my favorite on the album. 
  4. The Grants/Did you know/Sweet
    • I love The Grants. It's a beautiful opener and feels unique to me. Though I love its lyrics, I overplayed Did you know and haven't really been ever able to get into it much sonically, but I don't dislike it. Sweet is really pretty, and I like it, but kinda forgettable.
  5. Grandfather/Let the Light In/Margaret
    • My least favorite part of the album. Struggling to connect with it sonically. Margaret sounds so much like a Taylor Swift song that it ruins it a bit for me.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Dirty cop who turned on the backbeat 

Put’s the shower on while he calls me 

Seems like a bad time to talk to me 

cat-explosion.gif

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

A review from The Quietus. But i cant see the score tho. This publication is counted for metacritic too but i havent seen it on the site yet :oprah:

https://thequietus.com/articles/32752-lana-del-rey-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-review

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

11 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

A review from The Quietus. But i cant see the score tho. This publication is counted for metacritic too but i havent seen it on the site yet :oprah:

https://thequietus.com/articles/32752-lana-del-rey-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-review

This doesn't count for MC unfortunately because it's the "album of the week" and not a "review".

I don't know who it is who is having reaction videos pulled (the label? management? publishers?) but whoever it is is fucking up big time. Youtube videos discussing records don't cost an artist streams, they pump them up. I'm furious that one of the best has seemingly been taken down for the second time (Brady's).

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

2 hours ago, mindofyouwithmeTHANKU1moretime said:

I’m addicted to JB Interlude. The more I listen the more convinced I become it’s a teaser of a song Lana and Jon are working on for LDR10:usrs:

:dua:

the Judah smith interlude kinda one of my favs off the album :xgiggle: he lowkey made a few points there "QUIT LUSTING AFTER YOUR NEIGHBOR" "I WANT A NEW LIFE, I DONT LOVE MY WIFE ANYMORE, I DONT LOVE MY KIDS ANYMORE" its very powerful and with the instrumental it sounds like something straight off Violet Bent Backwards it makes me feel like Ethel Cain sitting next to Lana and her friends giggling along with them :oop2: and it ending with "I used to think my preaching was mostly about you / Ive discovered my preaching is mostly about me" makes the whole track worth it and sounds like something Lana would say herself about her music its def a if you get it you get it and if you don't you don't kinda track 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif