Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Just now, Fallible Deity said:

Lana singing “I think that we should address this, acting like the young and restless” too fast over the piano, and then the piano solo after being extremely fast and chaotic like it’s trying to keep up with her emotions is the most brilliant moment in the album 

:xcry:

fingertips is now my favourite track on the album. it took me two weeks to find my way into it but when it clicked, it fucking clicked.

the melody of "exotic places and people" has been spinning in my head for five days. I can't help but imagine if the vocals were recorded with quality mics and there was a little more instrumentation, maybe hints of ocean sounds when she talks about the waves/drowning herself etc. but overall its an incredible track.

really goes to show sometimes you just have to sit with art before forming an opinion and your first impression (while important) isn't always correct.

I know people see it as a stream-of-consciousness poem that she put music to, but to me it feels like an opera. Like imagine an opera singer on stage singing it with classical strings, on a stage like this:

e692f2f2cb9b00a573e583d22ca7a468.jpg

3 minutes ago, Louise said:

In these apocolyptic times, a dying breed, like from the hippie dippy love generation flower children? 1967 was the summer of love, Vietnam protests and civil rights.

omg you are so right i didn't even think about that lol it's way shadier than i thought. she's truly the last one with good intentions :byeh8rs:

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

10 hours ago, ivory almond said:

can someone pls explain to me why so many people have jon batiste interlude above an actual song?
like imo, even judah smith interlude is better bc at least he's actually saying stuff
but in jon batiste, it's just shouting and him saying "i feel it" over and over, and the Judah Smith Interlude has a better instrumental too

I find the instrumental incredible in Jon batiste interlude.. and I love the way she sings honeyyyy.. I just wish she’d worked more with that sound for an actual track

I haven’t made a ranking of the songs yet, find it so difficult, but the JB interlude would come above some songs for sure 

edit: it’s giving porcelain- moby, just a song that makes you feel a certain way

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

7 minutes ago, Louise said:

I skipped JS interlude, but am interested in the tea about Sean disrespecting Lana.  It is the crux of songs from Chemtrails on. Why why why why why did Sean walk away, when he had Lana? It must go deep, the climate at the time, the anti cop sentiment, protests over cop abuse, perhaps feeling like Sean's loyalty to his badge was tested for dating Lana? If I had a life, it wouldn't concern me, I suppose. But Lana' music speaks to me so much, I suffer, too. I felt violated when Chuck was robbed of digiatal photos, etc. let alone the recent car breakin Lana made public. It hurt.

did sean walk away? i assumed lana did, when she found out he was engaged at the same time they were dating. and yes to the anti cop sentiments especially with text book like... was SEAN at the blm protests with her...? if not then who? and "old man river keeps rolling with or without him" him being sean, she'll keep rolling on without him.

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

Some users here always manage to outdo themselves with the dumbest opinions about this album and Lana.

Anyways

Charlie, stop smoking

Caroline, will you be with me?

Will the baby be alright?

Will I have one of mine?

Can I handle it?

:crying2:

In Kintsugi, when she sings "In one year, we've learned the turn of the mouth/The depth that the chest cavity takes," is she talking about the way the actual body looks as someone dies? When I first heard the song I didn't fully know what she meant but when you consider the rest of the song I can't help but think this is what she's referring to. I've seen a lot of the reaction videos confused about this particular part.

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

For all of you little whores who don't understand the Taco Truck x VB mashup...its simple. 

Its the end of the COVID songwriting era and Lana is ready to get back out there, be less introspective, and be Lanita again. She's going bringing her recent styles and mashing them up with the old for the next album.

xo

2 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

For all of you little whores who don't understand the Taco Truck x VB mashup...its simple. 

Its the end of the COVID songwriting era and Lana is ready to get back out there, be less introspective, and be Lanita again. She's going bringing her recent styles and mashing them up with the old for the next album.

xo

we haven't forgotten about "psychedelic trip, half moon bay, for jim i will say"... we won't fall for it this time...

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

2 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

xo

Trap album confirmed by dragonwhore, that's what I understood:gclap:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

7 minutes ago, #FreeCandyNecklace said:

In Kintsugi, when she sings "In one year, we've learned the turn of the mouth/The depth that the chest cavity takes," is she talking about the way the actual body looks as someone dies? When I first heard the song I didn't fully know what she meant but when you consider the rest of the song I can't help but think this is what she's referring to. I've seen a lot of the reaction videos confused about this particular part.

I heard it like this: "The turn of the mouth," smiling despite loss, or even forcing it through the formality of funeral services when engaging with the people who come to pay respects to the dead.

"The depth that the chest cavity takes" alluding to the way a loved one takes a tremendous piece of us and our love with them when they pass.

I interpreted that couplet to be about the impact of grief and how we navigate through it.