Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 hour ago, wilting daisy said:

also the connotations for some songs like kintsugi and candy necklace are so cringey... sometimes i wonder how people come up with this stuff

Thanks for pointing that out. I will forever say it. Those in charge of Lana's Genius are some kind of mafia I swear :rip: They downvote and delete anyone else's contributions. It's disgusting, considering the lyrics are the most important aspect in Lana's music. A lot of people must think her lyrics are cringe because they read those "analysis" on Genius.

I've really been thinking about this part in Fingertips: It wasn't my idea, the cocktails of things that twist neurons inside 

But without them i'd die

She is talking about mental health right? I interpret it as a way to say that it's not our fault that our brains are made in certain ways prone to a specific way of thinking and reacting. The way we act, feel and think is a result of our brain chemistry . I love how she sings this part as well. 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

i think this is lana’s best album out of the last 3 shes released. however, i definitely have a strong preference for her old voice, rich production, and melodies/lyrics. i cant help it. hearing the leaks yesterday made me so sad bc (in my opinion) theyre leagues better and more replayable than most of the songs on this new album. i really think she should leave the wordiness to her poetry (which i LOVE. i listen to violet all the time). 

i applaud lana for her ability to grow and change as an artist. who knows, maybe if she stuck with her old style it wouldve got boring. i just know each time we get a leak from an old era, im immediately swung into being hypnotized by lana again. i dont feel that way with the new songs. 

1 minute ago, mlittle11 said:

i think this is lana’s best album out of the last 3 shes released. however, i definitely have a strong preference for her old voice, rich production, and melodies/lyrics. i cant help it. hearing the leaks yesterday made me so sad bc (in my opinion) theyre leagues better and more replayable than most of the songs on this new album. i really think she should leave the wordiness to her poetry (which i LOVE. i listen to violet all the time). 

i applaud lana for her ability to grow and change as an artist. who knows, maybe if she stuck with her old style it wouldve got boring. i just know each time we get a leak from an old era, im immediately swung into being hypnotized by lana again. i dont feel that way with the new songs. 

Dude run…:paris:

Listening to Sweet a lot today :oprah:

I do really love how so many songs on this album sound like they could be from a musical or a movie (Sweet especially like a Disney movie) and now I'm really wanting that musical project from Lana :true:

Regarding the ‘it wasn’t my idea, the cocktail of things that twist neurons inside/but without them I’d die’ line, my mind went to addiction… even though you know that alcohol/drugs messes w ur brain chemistry & make everything 100 times worse, living w/o them feels unbearable

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

i stg at the end of Sweet i still hear "in the woods somewhere n a knife in my/the heart in the valley in the sweet north country, if i'm not there come to my house on Genesee" :crai:

im probably wrong but idc this is the lyric *for me* cuz i just like it sm to wrap up the song- her basically saying despite all the pain/betrayal(the knife in her heart) she's faced in life, even from the person she is singing to, she has managed to remain sweet/gentle at heart :trisha: so much so that if they ever came to find her, she would welcome them back in like nothing ever happened