Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

9 minutes ago, cominguplavender said:

i've also been thinking about how absolutely insane it is that she didn't make paradise an album with angels forever, hollywood, i talk to jesus, and obviously the title track... like

lana in her mind: this is some of my best work :true: gonna be selfish and keep it all for myself :et:

19 minutes ago, cominguplavender said:

i've also been thinking about how absolutely insane it is that she didn't make paradise an album with angels forever, hollywood, i talk to jesus, and obviously the title track... like

my guess is that the label wanted to continue with the hype of born to die so they just released an extended version aka paradise. it's kinda what happens nowadays when artists release a "deluxe" version just to re hype the Og album 

5a86642010719_tumblr_otrpzotSn41rdizqpo1

Fingertips is the ultimate grower on this album for me--and I love the way it mother is censored tbh. It captures your attention and draws you in, and makes sure you're paying very close attention. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Updated rankings:
1. A&W

2. Paris,Texas

3. Fishtail

4. Peppers 

5. Candy Necklace

6. Taco Truck x VB

7. Jon Batiste Interlude

8. Grandfather

9. Sweet

10. Kintsugi

11. The Grants

12. Ocean Blvd

13. Fingertips

14. Margaret

15. Let The Light In

16. Judah Smith Interlude

Fingertips no longer unlistenable. Climbing the ranks :true:. I’ve come to the realization that "Let The Light In" and "Margaret" are the two most generic-sounding songs on the album. Doesn’t fit the album, imo. "Let the Light In" sounds too much like adult contemporary radio fodder to me. “Margaret", a similar thing (like a Taylor Swift song), the melody is like Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo idk how else to explain it. The way Taylor writes songs, they just have this kiddy melody to them, and like a high school prom/suburban country girl vibe for the lyrics. Idk immature? Still, the song edges out “Let The Light In” a bit for me because of the roof top party talking segment. It made the song less generic. Both songs, however, are the most Kidz Bop-sounding songs compared to the rest of the album.

Kind of referencing the LDR album process discussion thread, Candy Necklace, Let the Light in, and Paris, Texas have some of my favorite vocals from her since 2015:agree2:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

The way Candy Necklace is #2 on the poll… piano ballads were never the issue… the issue is we were getting BAD piano ballads:crying5:

10 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Kind of referencing the LDR album process discussion thread, Candy Necklace, Let the Light in, and Paris, Texas have some of my favorite vocals from her since 2015:agree2:

:gclap:you read my mind

I see Candy necklace as more dark orchestral though than just full piano

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

The way Candy Necklace is #2 on the poll… piano ballads were never the issue… the issue is we were getting BAD piano ballads:crying5:

I think it’s rare that Lana makes a bad song, but I was thinking about this when watching Beth Therese’s reaction video and she talked about how piano-heavy the album was. I just think the piano ballads of COTCC and BB were more basic and stripped back, whereas these piano ballads have a lot of interesting production on top of them. I mean you can see that the melodies, lyrics, and vocals aren’t the problem when you see people gushing over the LMLYLAW demo. Pretty much the only difference is the production. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Why are some girls so bothered with the "Basic bitch" line in sweet? Like..if you have a problem with that maybe she's talking about you.
It's just a funny little lyric and some turn it into something they feel offended by. Grow up. 

3 minutes ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

I think it’s rare that Lana makes a bad song, but I was thinking about this when watching Beth Therese’s reaction video and she talked about how piano-heavy the album was. I just think the piano ballads of COTCC and BB were more basic and stripped back, whereas these piano ballads have a lot of interesting production on top of them. I mean you can see that the melodies, lyrics, and vocals aren’t the problem when you see people gushing over the LMLYLAW demo. Pretty much the only difference is the production. 

I mean tbh COTCC was pretty much all acoustic guitar based besides like 3 songs? LMLYLAW has very different lyrics in the final version and the demo lyrics are wayyyyy more interesting imo. I think Lyric/Melody/Vocal are actually the things that messed up bb/COTCC more than production imo

53 minutes ago, cominguplavender said:

Wasn’t the idea scrapped because it leaked (untouchable five or whatever). The second album was suppose to come a lot sooner at one point. Black Beauty was suppose to be the first single. The leaks have damaged her career and redirected it many times.

caroline, what kind of...

giphy.gif

... was she to say i'd end up in institutions?

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

13 minutes ago, Hejira87 said:

Why are some girls so bothered with the "Basic bitch" line in sweet? Like..if you have a problem with that maybe she's talking about you.
It's just a funny little lyric and some turn it into something they feel offended by. Grow up. 

Cause it’s lowkey pick me but also I think it’s funny line i can’t imagine anyone genuinely being angry at it:air: