Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

48 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

When I saw her at the Cotillion in Wichita for NFR tour GA tix were like $60 a piece I wanna say. It was a super small venue tho. Very local! I’m sure her Ticketmaster has caught on to her as well though

also

I’m just gonna say it. Fingertips should’ve been on a poetry album, like, ten verses no chorus? Ma. I’m not sitting through that!!!!! :true:

I love Fingertips but i can see how people might dislike it. 

Cancel me if you want but:

• I really like "Margaret", it makes me feel really happy inside, good vibes only and shit.

• "Fingertips" is top 5 for me. It makes me cry so hard. I don't understand how can some people hate that song. It feels like the rawer, more honest sister of "Hope is A Dangerous Thing..." and "Wildfire Wildflower".

• Y'all made me think that "Sweet" would be another "Beautiful" or "Violets for Roses", bit it gave me chills. One of the best Drew Erickson songs to date. The second verse/bridge is fucking fantastic.

• I LOVE both interludes, LMAO. It's all about the ominous, eerie, uncomfortable vibes what I like.

• I believe "Candy Necklace" is a little bit overrated, it does get repetitive a bit, don't you think?

• I loved how meta the idea of incorporating "Venice Bitch" into "Taco Truck" is, but it was overhyped. I'm growing to like it, tho. I will end up loving it eventually, I'm sure.

This is only my opinion, I don't meant to trash anyone else's points of views. I'm just stating what I personally feel about the songs, hehe. Perhaps I have a weird taste? 😅

3 minutes ago, americangothic said:

• I really like "Margaret", it makes me feel really happy inside, good vibes only and shit.

• "Fingertips" is top 5 for me. It makes me cry so hard. I don't understand how can some people hate that song. It feels like the rawer, more honest sister of "Hope is A Dangerous Thing..." and "Wildfire Wildflower".

• Y'all made me think that "Sweet" would be another "Beautiful" or "Violets for Roses", bit it gave me chills. One of the best Drew Erickson songs to date. The second verse/bridge is fucking fantastic.

• I LOVE both interludes, LMAO. It's all about the ominous, eerie, uncomfortable vibes what I like.

• I believe "Candy Necklace" is a little bit overrated, it does get repetitive a bit, don't you think?

• I loved how meta the idea of incorporating "Venice Bitch" into "Taco Truck" is, but it was overhyped. I'm growing to like it, tho. I will end up loving it eventually, I'm sure.

This is only my opinion, I don't meant to trash anyone else's points of views. I'm just stating what I personally feel about the songs, hehe. Perhaps I have a weird taste? 😅

had me till the violet for roses slander :trisha:

Capture.jpg

7 minutes ago, americangothic said:

the first time I heard it I thought the same thing and I was a bit disappointed , but now its my fav on dykttatuob :grinds::clapback:

SFP2h.gif

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

I’m just gonna say it. Fingertips should’ve been on a poetry album, like, ten verses no chorus? Ma. I’m not sitting through that!!!!! :true:

It's like almost the whole song is a chorus! She develops a melodic theme slowly over the course of the song, except for the first minute which I consider an intro.

Candy Necklace is fucking terrifying I’m sorry (but in a good way!!)…the lyrics are dark as fuck and then the instrumentation sounds like a haunted saloon. That dudes deep ass voice coming out of nowhere doesn’t help either. 

it reminds me of Is This Happiness a LOT, with the piano and the storytelling and the humming

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

18 minutes ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

It's like almost the whole song is a chorus! She develops a melodic theme slowly over the course of the song, except for the first minute which I consider an intro.

:true: fingertips is a masterpiece, y'all just need to give yourselves two seconds to breathe

Capture.jpg

2 minutes ago, turquoisejewel said:

@oceanblvd account forgotten just like the tunnel under ocean blvd :lange:

Did you know that there's an instagram account called @oceanblvd 

Cuz Lana doesn't 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Just now, past the bushes said:

when JS says why are you so infatuated with me this is all i can think of :air:

36pkm4.png

JS getting into heaven and seeing God

36pkm4.png

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

52 minutes ago, americangothic said:

I agree with bullet points 3 and 6! I don't like the Judah Smith interlude bc ewwwwwwwwwww lmao but I do really like the Jon Batiste one. It's just musical geniuses vibing.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d