Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Why is the score such a big deal?

she has a fanbase and it’s not being widely panned- most of the reviews are still positive, it really doesn’t matter and changes nothing/it’s just a silly opinion  

Because she cares and we care about her :xcry:

3 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

that explains why she stayed quiet about blue banisters and on the first opportunity he tries to put lana down again :oprah3:

Exactly, let’s check all Jack’s old girlfriends and boyfriends 🙃

Oh my god that review is so funny :lmao: 

Report them NOW

(They didn't mention my poor Sweet at all, luckily)

It's frustrating because the album deserves higher than an 81 or whatever it ends up with on MC because of biased critics who clearly don't like her volunteering to review her work. She was guaranteed a low score on their site out of the gate. And other positive reviews, like the 100 from Gigwise or the rave review from The Quietus don't even count. 

In the long run, you're right, it really doesn't matter at all. It's more a frustration w/ sites like Sputnik having "merit" on MC when it's just a forum full of incel neckbeards who hate Lana (and seemingly most female artists). 

One of the replies from another reviewer is "Brace yourselves, Twitter is coming", which just shows they're doing this for attention. It has nothing to do w/ the quality of the music. It just bugs me. If the site didn't count on aggregate sites I wouldn't care at all.

8 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

she has a fanbase and it’s not being widely panned- most of the reviews are still positive, it really doesn’t matter and changes nothing/it’s just a silly opinion  

This too. Before NFR, Lana didn’t have a universally acclaimed album and people still loved her music. At this point it seems like NFR was an outlier. It’s more important to see how the album ages and how it does on end-of-year/end-of-decade lists. 

wth is midnight fantasies ep and why is it registered on sputnik

anyways that review sucked

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

3 minutes ago, rosemeadexclusivebbnewyorkcity said:

rip taco truck :(

sitting on the sofa feeling super suicidal...:suicide:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

31 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

also thats the same reviewer as the chemtrails 30/100 :rip: what a clown

how could an album with white dress get anything less than a 70/100

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

5 minutes ago, imaginist said:

Who tf does Sputnik stan? Nickelback? Rascal Flatts? 

NOT RASCAL FLATTS :thumb3:

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

53 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

well. But the fact that this album is struggling between being above 80 & below 79 is really a joke, when we ALL KNOW that by the end of the year or even of this decade - these fuckfaces are going to give her a few more thinkpieces about how her albums was "too ahead of the time" & "influencial" even when they trashed tf out of it when it came out.

The same B.S happened with BTD & NFR,only for them to include these babies in their year end lists / decade lists years later. No. It's about giving her the flowers in the moment when she's still here with us. Give her the recognition she deserves.

Scores dont matter & numbers dont entirely define Lana's art but hey, at the end of the day, if you want to give her a negative/mixed/polarised review - go ahead, but CONVINCE ME as a reader about what her  work lacks in academic & objective common-sense. I dont want to see some haters who's trying to take her down with their bitter biased personal feeling b.s.,not on my watch.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, hotshot2am said:

i'm not surprised these fuckers didn't get it, misogyny at its peak and they give high scores to drake and justin who are the shittiest and most monotonous artists that can exist.

we'll go down to 81 again

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Just received my vinyl.. the exclusive white one from her site. Is anybody else having issues with the audio quality?

Kintsugi is clipping EVERYWHERE :rip: like horrendous absolute horrible and unlistenable. What do I do? Can I request a refund?