Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

5 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

i'm not surprise these fuckers didn't get it, misogyny at its peak and they give high scores to drake and justin who are the shittiest and most monotonous artists that can exist.

we'll go down to 81 again

i can only pray that Meta ignores their stank ass & 1 or 2 more 100/100 reviews to add on the site. :pout:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

39 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Oh my god that review is so funny :lmao: 

Report them NOW

(They didn't mention my poor Sweet at all, luckily)

can we actually report them?

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

I think metacritic should kick out reviewers who are clearly biased and fall much below (or above for that matter) the average review score. There’s no reason for everyone to give the album at least 60 and most 80 and Sputnik to give it 25 if it’s an objective review. 

1 hour ago, hotshot2am said:

this was hard to read, the incel that spewed this should take some writing classes before daring to talk about other people's creations, too many adjetives and big words don't make you look smart you dummy

4 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

can we actually report them?

To contact Metacritic about reviews, ratings, editorial coverage and general editorial inquiries, please email editorial@metacritic.com

I think the most we could do it email them and ask them not to add that review 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

To contact Metacritic about reviews, ratings, editorial coverage and general editorial inquiries, please email editorial@metacritic.com

I think the most we could do it email them and ask them not to add tha review 

Let's fucking do this.

Do we have any template to copy/paste tho? :bebe:

2 minutes ago, Jared said:

Sputnik is right about Candy Necklace being pretty banal and some of the tracks in the last third of the album can come across as gimmicky. But that's it. 

your slander of candy necklace is making my eyes hurt :horror:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

19 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Let's fucking do this.

I haven't written mine yet but I'm all for sending an email if y'all want to.

This is basically a draft of what I was thinking - we can add/edit as needed: 

"Hi there,

Reaching out because I have concerns regarding the merit of Sputnik Music when it comes to Lana Del Rey.

The same Staff reviewer has repeatedly volunteered to review Lana's albums even though he clearly does not like her, and has a pattern of reviewing her albums a week after release, giving them low scores (30, 50) to seemingly lower her Metacritic score.

One of the first replies to his review was another Contributor to the site, stating 'Brace yourselves, Twitter is coming'. Additionally, in the replies to the review, they mocked a fan on Twitter who shared a User Review (80), stating "Wait 'til they find out [User's] review doesn't count, but [Staff's] does."  This frames their review as a joke, or a ploy for attention/engagement more than anything.

Link 1 (50): https://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/86624/Lana-Del-Rey-Did-You-Know-That-There’s-a-Tunnel-Under.../

Link 2 (30): https://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/83019/Lana-Del-Rey-Chemtrails-Over-The-Country-Club/

Thanks for taking the time to read this and considering our concerns." 

We can go from there, though. 

22 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Let's fucking do this.

Dear Metacritic staff,

I hope this email finds you well. 

I would like to start by saying that I value the work that you do for promoting the cultural and art sectors. I believe that Metacritic has become such a trusted source precisely as a result of your long-standing integrity, commitment to upholding objective criticism and professionalism. 

On that note I would like to bring to your attention a review of Lana Del Rey’s latest release “Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd”. The review in question is by Sputnik Music [insert link], which have presented a completely biased view of the album and have given a score of 2.5/5. This score is significantly lower than the average score of the album so far which comprises over 20 (!) reviews by various publications. This indicates that there is clear misalignment between Sputnik Music and their peers which can only be explained by subjectiveness. There is a clear trend by Sputnik Music bringing down album scores without any credible merit. One could even see negative bias against certain female artists, which if true, hides a much more serious issue with Sputnik Music’s work and potential misogyny and sexism veiled by false pretences of objectivity and informed artistic criticism. 

I believe that Metacritic should review the participation of Sputnik Music in its aggregate  scores and consider removing them from not only Lana Del Rey’s page, but all artists. I believe in Metacritic’s integrity and do not consider Sputnik Music’s values to be aligned with yours. 

I am looking forward to your reply. 

Yours faithfully,

XXX

edit: fixed some typos

LMAOOO

Not a fuckface copy-pasted my whole tweet about the Sputnik review down in the review's comment section just to spite the Lana stans. 

The obsession with attention is as clear as day at this point :bebe: