Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

@Elle wanna join us emailing the Metacritic sis? 

And should we create a seperate thread about this matter tho? Because I dont want all the metacritic / sputnik talks turn others off on the Post release thread :krylie:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I sent a separate email (from a separate anon account) asking about The Quietus review as well. :blush3:

I'm sure nothing will be changed and the score is only going down as a result, but I'd rather we go down knowing we tried. :hype:

I also bought two digital copies last night for no reason. God, I stan HARD for this woman...

speaking of engagements, do we know anything about what happened with clayton johnson? are there any songs purported to be about him?

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

We need more 100/100 from at least 3 publications on Meta :krylie:

The way they DID NOT COUNT GIGWISE is blasphemy

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

21 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

We need more 100/100 from at least 3 publications on Meta :krylie:

The way they DID NOT COUNT GIGWISE is blasphemy

the gigwise review was kinda wacky tho... :oopna2: there were a lot of typos/it wasn't well written and she basically framed the review as "who am i to have a say on how good it is, i can't make anything like that, let's give it a 10/10 because it's not my place"

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

2 minutes ago, cominguplavender said:

the gigwise review was kinda wacky tho... :oopna2: there were a lot of typos/it wasn't well written and she basically framed the review as "who am i to have a say on how good it is, i can't make anything like that, let's give it a 10/10 because it's not my place"

"The break in ‘A&W’ undeniably takes from the epic ‘Off To The Races’, ‘Fingertips’ sings once more to ‘Sweet Caroline’, ‘Margaret’ steals sounds from ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell’, ‘Fishtail’ from ‘How To Disappear’"

are any of those statements really that true...

9 minutes ago, cominguplavender said:

i mean it cant be as wacky as that Sputnik's staff unprofessional writing full of personal hatred tone towards Lana tho.

At least Gigwise KNOWS what the record is about.

I hope they count the Record Collector review to balance the score at least.

3 hours ago, LanaBalkana said:

She has a good relationship with Billboard, it could be pre-agreed and her way of “announcing it”. I don’t think she will do an official announcement herself given that she doesn’t do this even for he music. 

I really hope so

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑

again, because nobody really answered. do we consider the leaked version pre-release Fingertips to be a demo since it's uncensored???

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

10 minutes ago, American Whore said:

again, because nobody really answered. do we consider the leaked version pre-release Fingertips to be a demo since it's uncensored???

I believe it would be technically a demo since it’s not the final mix and it’s unmastered.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

I’m still digesting this album but I honestly think it’s great. I love that album feels dark and a bit unhinged both production wise and thematically.

The Grants sets the tone perfectly with the shift from the joyous back vocalists intro to the somber piano. Additionally, all throughout the album there are these layers of different whispers and vocals that make it feel so disorienting and cacophonous in the best way.

What I also loved was how cyclical this album felt. Not only because of the subjects she tackles like her personal history but also because of the inclusion of past melodies, instrumentals, lyrics  and songs. It was kinda like a supercut of what Lana Del Rey is / was in the past few years. A conclusion and the start of a new chapter for her of sorts. All this (+ the use of many other samples) also gives it a mixtape feel (ala caprisongs not blue banisters) which is cool.

It’s very eclectic but i feel it stills holds together through its chaos and the specific reoccurring themes and production flourishes. Jack said ‘honeymoon from hell’ and I see it. 

My only gripe is that the tracklist of the middle section is a bit slow. I wish the trap wasn’t exclusively backloaded because it was already introduced by track 4 with A&W. It could made it more dynamic and  would linked the different sounds better. 

ANYWAYS HERES R MY FAVES:

A&W - Folk electronic trap, it was designed for me to like it.
Taco Truck x VB - CHILLS… perfect outro.

Peppers - SO fun! I knew Tommy and Lana would be good.
The Grants - Epic, dark but hopeful.

Paris, Texas - Magical and fragile.

Fishtail - That autotune damnnnn. Track is kinda salem coded .

The rest are also very nice! I would say that kintsugi and Margaret will need a bit more time to grow on me but all the less good. 

thank you for reading of you read this lol

IllegalTotalAdder-max-1mb.gif

1 hour ago, margaret soty said:

Candy Necklace

and in 2025 we will know according to him :hide:

geez BOZ is so dramatic, and for what?? I don’t get his whole deal 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

fingertips has REALLY grown on me might be top 3 now. mental illness, worrying about future children, uncle dave, mommy issues, grappling with mortality, and she still got in under 6 minutes. it’s not a short song by any means but the speed and efficiency with which she was able to mass trauma dump on this track is so impressive

This could totally 110% not be related to Lana at all butttttt there’s a hairstylist who specializes in vintage hairstyles who tweeted about “working with one of y’all’s favs” And it’s a huge deal for him👀 my mind instantly went to Lana but I could just be delusional