Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

6 minutes ago, reflecting said:

alright guys i need to hear ur opinions on this - this person i know made a whole ass powerpoint presentation on why they think ppl should not listen to tunnel and it was very bad and cringe but essentially they said: lana romanticizes abusive relationships, looks down on other women and is a bad feminist. and what got me: she doesnt provide any productive „solutions“ on feminist questions. and that was it. like i cant with this interpretation of her art its not a fucking instruction on how to be a feminist or navigate the hardships of being a woman and its also nothing we‘ve never heard like its getting BORING!!

so im intersted in what yall have to say about this „perspective“ and how you would respond to that. 

Degrading the experiences, expressions and art of another woman is also not presenting a productive solution to the questions that feminism tries to address.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

4 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

Degrading the experiences, expressions and art of another woman is also not presenting a productive solution to the questions that feminism tries to address.

exactly its not like she‘s saying this is how u should do it its HER experience 

2 hours ago, reflecting said:

alright guys i need to hear ur opinions on this - this person i know made a whole ass powerpoint presentation on why they think ppl should not listen to tunnel and it was very bad and cringe but essentially they said: lana romanticizes abusive relationships, looks down on other women and is a bad feminist. and what got me: she doesnt provide any productive „solutions“ on feminist questions. and that was it. like i cant with this interpretation of her art its not a fucking instruction on how to be a feminist or navigate the hardships of being a woman and its also nothing we‘ve never heard like its getting BORING!!

so im intersted in what yall have to say about this „perspective“ and how you would respond to that. 

that is just :thumb::thumb::thumb: Lana's music is her life- if someone wants feminist theory, why don't they head to the library?

it's like me flipping on the sopranos & then being mad i'm not met with like anti-gun messaging or something. gtfoh

33 minutes ago, reflecting said:

I would say that there are exactly zero personal criticisms people could raise against Lana that would negate her worth as an artist (which is being one of the greatest artists in history) and I would tell her to get a life and let herself enjoy things cuz it doesn't matter

In one of Lana's IG videos she talked about updating us on a few more things coming.

And BOZ mentioned that surprise...was that really the listening party? 

Have we heard anything else? Tour? TV appearances? ANYTHING?

45 minutes ago, MJA said:

In one of Lana's IG videos she talked about updating us on a few more things coming.

And BOZ mentioned that surprise...was that really the listening party? 

Have we heard anything else? Tour? TV appearances? ANYTHING?

candy necklace single and video mid to late april and that's it. That's all we know

20 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

I’m just gonna say it. Fingertips should’ve been on a poetry album, like, ten verses no chorus? Ma. I’m not sitting through that!!!!! :true:

wait til you hear about bob dylan, leonard cohen, joni mitchell, etc. 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

47 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

Not Fantano reviewing another irrelevant album instead of Lana’s :read: I know he probably won’t give it more than a 7 but come on dude 

he takes his time, actually it's a good sign

1 hour ago, LifeOnMars said:

Leakers didn’t even give this album one week to shine. 

so true , everyone is busy listening to the leaks :air:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

May I just say how damned hard it is to rank these songs! :crying5:

Each one of the following has been my favourite from the album in this first week of listening at some point:

Paris, Texas (instant)

Margaret (instant)

Fishtail (instant)

Sweet (instant)

Kintsugi (instant)

The Grants (instant)

Fingertips (major grower. It clicked today :crying4:)

And the rest are all solid 8s and above barring Juda Smith.

Even Peppers has grown on me. I still think it doesn't fit the overall themes of this album but it's still a bop!

The album is a stunner to play through from start to finish. She really poured everything and more into this. Like the art of Kintsugi ! Creating a whole from something fractured and broken.

The reflections of life, love, family and the inevitably and tragedy of death.

The mountains, the sea, the sweet north country. 

I just can't with her.

Never been so proud to be a lana stan.

:illumilana2:

57 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

Not Fantano reviewing another irrelevant album instead of Lana’s :read: I know he probably won’t give it more than a 7 but come on dude 

Scaring the hoes is actually kinda iconic though :true: Lana should collab with Peggy for sure

sgopYhV.gif

1 hour ago, Furor Poeticus said:

He took some time to drag Rob though. Lana review is probably coming today  

I am just so tired of Ultraviolence stans. Like I get it. I remember when I was 15 and just being sad and depressed af feeling like a bad bitch listening to UV but get over it!??

Ocean Blvd and any of her upcoming projects don’t have to be something she’s done already. It just bugs me when I see comparisons to UV or remakes in UV style because people just want fetch to happen so bad? 

8Qg234E.gif