Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

43 minutes ago, Mer said:

TBH all the "Jack vs other producers talk" makes Lana look like someone who's artistic integrity, process, and growth is tied to the men she's worked with--rather than accepting that she's forged her own way and evolved into the musician she wants to be. 

Lana is in complete creative control, and to blame her falters on Jack or any other producer also means to diminish her successes as the result of her producers; both are untrue. 

This.

58 minutes ago, Sweet said:

Why aren't people talking about how amazing Fishtail is? Like, it combines rock sound with R&B? It's so well executed and sets Peppers up musically. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it.  The execution of all this is so Lana Del Rey

literally!! it's my most played track off of ocean blvd at the moment I LOVE IT SM :trisha:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

what songs do you think NEED visuals?

I think Paris Texas most of all could have really beautiful and majestic visuals!

A&w, taco truck and fishtail are also some songs that I think could have nice visuals but  I think Paris Texas needs a music video most of all!  it's not my favorite song on the album or anything but its sound just draws so much imagery 

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

8 hours ago, reflecting said:

alright guys i need to hear ur opinions on this - this person i know made a whole ass powerpoint presentation on why they think ppl should not listen to tunnel and it was very bad and cringe but essentially they said: lana romanticizes abusive relationships, looks down on other women and is a bad feminist. and what got me: she doesnt provide any productive „solutions“ on feminist questions. and that was it. like i cant with this interpretation of her art its not a fucking instruction on how to be a feminist or navigate the hardships of being a woman and its also nothing we‘ve never heard like its getting BORING!!

so im intersted in what yall have to say about this „perspective“ and how you would respond to that. 

i feel really bothered by this idea that people, especially (and for the most part) women must be "feminist" and talk about "feminist" ideal all of the time, they can't say anything or express anything that doesn't go along with the feminist status-quo, lana's music may not be "feminist" but she should have the right to talk about her experiences and her feelings even if they don't come across as "empowered" or "progressive", women do not exist to constantly have to be empowered or to promote feminist ideals at all times, we still should acknowledge our truths and our experiences, the mindset that women can't talk about their complicated feelings, or their difficult experiences, because it might not be "feminist" actually hurts women more in the long run

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

This album sounds so much better when you listen to a bunch of random music for a few days and then come back to it.

I know people shit on her music sometimes, including myself, but when you compare her to other artists.. she really does wipe them all out with ease.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

9 hours ago, reflecting said:

alright guys i need to hear ur opinions on this - this person i know made a whole ass powerpoint presentation on why they think ppl should not listen to tunnel and it was very bad and cringe but essentially they said: lana romanticizes abusive relationships, looks down on other women and is a bad feminist. and what got me: she doesnt provide any productive „solutions“ on feminist questions. and that was it. like i cant with this interpretation of her art its not a fucking instruction on how to be a feminist or navigate the hardships of being a woman and its also nothing we‘ve never heard like its getting BORING!!

so im intersted in what yall have to say about this „perspective“ and how you would respond to that. 

if you think about, she lives the "feminist dream": she leads an independent life, is self-realized and has more money than most men. And that alone makes her a role model for many women.

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

This album sounds so much better when you listen to a bunch of random music for a few days and then come back to it.

I know people shit on her music sometimes, including myself, but when you compare her to other artists.. she really does wipe them all out with ease.

Lol this is because y'all love to underestimate her and underappreciate her. Her albums are cultural moments that open a bunch of conversation and discussion. 

It's been one week and the thread is dying? I'm still on a high from this album!

I play it in the car... I hear something different. I play it on my sonos... I hear the expansive production. I play at night in bed in my Head Phones and the quiet little background details come to life.

I'm still not done processing it and yall have disappeared? :noparty: