Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

4 minutes ago, paradise27390 said:

It's been one week and the thread is dying? I'm still on a high from this album!

I play it in the car... I hear something different. I play it on my sonos... I hear the expansive production. I play at night in bed in my Head Phones and the quiet little background details come to life.

I'm still not done processing it and yall have disappeared? :noparty:

I don’t know if maybe the leaks have saturated the threads in the last 24 hours 

but I totally agree with you everytime I listen to it I learn, find or start appreciating something new! How is everyone still now in awe? 

#freetoedit #lana#lanadelrey#honeymoon

3 hours ago, Mer said:

TBH all the "Jack vs other producers talk" makes Lana look like someone who's artistic integrity, process, and growth is tied to the men she's worked with--rather than accepting that she's forged her own way and evolved into the musician she wants to be. 

Lana is in complete creative control, and to blame her falters on Jack or any other producer also means to diminish her successes as the result of her producers; both are untrue. 

Please listen to her whole discography every single unreleased song available to us , and then come back and tell me that her sound is not connected with the people she works with . Of course she has a signature sound she is miss F Lana Del Rey  BUT, denying the input of the people behind her albums is just like hiding an elephant inside a room . Lana is a singer songwriter. Not a *producer*. It is the producers job to challenge the artists , to make sure that the ideas come into fruition , that the sound is crystal clear and the production shines and compliments the soundscapes the artist has dreamed of . Ultraviolence ended up being her masterpiece  because she was pushed to her limits . 

people complaining that "the thread is dead" when in just one week it's already almost double the pages chemtrails post-release currently has and it's already catching up on blue banisters page number as well… calm down babes this isn't dying anytime soon :kiss3:

1 hour ago, LifeOnMars said:

I will just pretend that the emails worked and Metacritic reduced Sputnik’s weighting:thumb3:

8 minutes ago, AntiToxicPill said:

Please listen to her whole discography every single unreleased song available to us , and then come back and tell me that her sound is not connected with the people she works with . Of course she has a signature sound she is miss F Lana Del Rey  BUT, denying the input of the people behind her albums is just like hiding an elephant inside a room . Lana is a singer songwriter. Not a *producer*. It is the producers job to challenge the artists , to make sure that the ideas come into fruition , that the sound is crystal clear and the production shines and compliments the soundscapes the artist has dreamed of . Ultraviolence ended up being her masterpiece  because she was pushed to her limits . 

Firstly, Lana does have experience producing and has those credits on multiple songs. She's been doing it since the Lizzy Grant days. Ultraviolence (which half of this site acts like is the only album Lana's ever made that's worth listening to) even has songs where Lana has producer credits (PWYC and Guns and Roses). I simply don't think it's accurate to say that Lana's not a producer because she's done it before and I'm sure she'll do it again. 

Secondly, the producer is not the artist! It's really that simple. At the end of the day, it's not about what the producer wants because it's not their album. I think people hold way too much stock in the man behind the scene rather than the person who's actually putting the album out, writing the music, and hiring these producers to help her to best display her vision. It's not about the producers: it's about Lana. 

This is a very stupid argument that should not be had in this thread so moving on. I'm really loving Let The Light In lately. It's currently my most streamed song from the album. 

imageproxy.jpg

13 minutes ago, AntiToxicPill said:

THIS!

Guys this album is overwhelming. I start playing one song and then I want to play another but I want to play so many at the same time and then I realise I haven’t listened to a song I love in a while and then scramble to play that one as well. This hasn’t happened to me in a very long time. 

Also I think this is her most Lizzy album. Candy Necklace could easily be from AKA, so dark and eerie 

Jack Antonoff enablers saying it is all Lana's choice, pls explain why if u listen to instrumentals by LDR Taylor Swift or Lorde you probably wouldnt be able to tell which one is which? GTFO! 

That being said I unexpectedly loved Ocean Blvd A LOT. Might be my fav album, though I am for sure biased when it comes to UV because of the sentimental value it has for me.

6 minutes ago, MJx said:

Jack Antonoff enablers saying it is all Lana's choice, pls explain why if u listen to instrumentals by LDR Taylor Swift or Lorde you probably wouldnt be able to tell which one is which? GTFO! 

Yes, I agree, it's so frustrating when I confuse "Mariners Apartment Complex" for "Maroon" and it turns out it was "The Louvre" the whole damn time! 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

Yes, I agree, it's so frustrating when I confuse "Mariners Apartment Complex" for "Maroon" and it turns out it was "The Louvre" the whole damn time! 

Hope you are just joking...

2 minutes ago, Mistress999 said:

Hope you are just joking...

Let me spell it out, because spelling fun 

Spoiler

J

O

K

I

N

G

I'm not listening to Taco Truck nearly as much as I thought I would... anyone else?

When new albums come out I just want to listen to the new stuff on repeat, and the VB ending takes me out of it

I feel like if Taco Truck were a fully fleshed out song it would be in my top 5 but instead it's like in my bottom 5 least played even though I LOVE venice bitch

1 minute ago, rosemead ramada said:

I'm not listening to Taco Truck nearly as much as I thought I would... anyone else?

When new albums come out I just want to listen to the new stuff on repeat, and the VB ending takes me out of it

I feel like if Taco Truck were a fully fleshed out song it would be in my top 5 but instead it's like in my bottom 5 least played even though I LOVE venice bitch

I actually listen to "Taco Truck x VB" a whole lot more than "Venice Bitch" tbh :runs:. It has more replay value for me since it's significantly shortened and feels less repetitive. I realize this is an unpopular opinion 

16 minutes ago, MJx said:

That being said I unexpectedly loved Ocean Blvd A LOT. Might be my fav album, though I am for sure biased when it comes to UV because of the sentimental value it has for me.

bfrr 

18 minutes ago, MJx said:

So you were in the studio and witnessed Jack making Lana do whatever he wants for her album?

imageproxy.jpg

3 hours ago, Lust said:

what songs do you think NEED visuals?

I think Paris Texas most of all could have really beautiful and majestic visuals!

A&w, taco truck and fishtail are also some songs that I think could have nice visuals but  I think Paris Texas needs a music video most of all!  it's not my favorite song on the album or anything but its sound just draws so much imagery 

Paris, Texas ALWAYS has me picturing this moment from the Video Games music video:

tumblr_pr1kfuFJQT1xvlbmno1_500.gif

I don’t even know if it’s the kind of visuals I’d want for a music video for Paris, Texas (because I mostly picture this album as black and white and dark), but this is just always what pops in my head when I hear it.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore