Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 hour ago, AntiToxicPill said:

Please listen to her whole discography every single unreleased song available to us , and then come back and tell me that her sound is not connected with the people she works with . Of course she has a signature sound she is miss F Lana Del Rey  BUT, denying the input of the people behind her albums is just like hiding an elephant inside a room . Lana is a singer songwriter. Not a *producer*. It is the producers job to challenge the artists , to make sure that the ideas come into fruition , that the sound is crystal clear and the production shines and compliments the soundscapes the artist has dreamed of . Ultraviolence ended up being her masterpiece  because she was pushed to her limits . 

god i wish i could skinny-dip inside your mind:wub:

31 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

I'm not listening to Taco Truck nearly as much as I thought I would... anyone else?

When new albums come out I just want to listen to the new stuff on repeat, and the VB ending takes me out of it

I feel like if Taco Truck were a fully fleshed out song it would be in my top 5 but instead it's like in my bottom 5 least played even though I LOVE venice bitch

Same unfortunately. I wish she either made the TT part longer or layered the TT post chorus on the VB part. The outro falls flat for me. I was expecting something more bombastic like a completely messy and crazy production. The final parts of Peppers are a good example- so much is going on, super messy but super fun

Currently crying to Kintsugi, because my dad passed away a couple months ago, so I've been singing "Daddy, I miss you". 

The part about the Road Runner Cafe is hitting me really hard. He had this car called a Road Runner when I was really young. It was his favorite car in the world (and he was obsessed with cars). We used to go to this old cafe for breakfast every Saturday morning, so I picture being at that cafe and getting out of the road runner with him.

I wish I could tell Lana "thank you" for writing this song. It's very comforting right now. A lot of these songs are. 

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

17 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

cocc really won huh:pls:

To be fair while I love cocc the only reason why it got such high revies was because of NFR. If it had been released after LFL it would have not made it above 80. 

I truly don’t mean this in a rude way but some people have GOT to let the Jack Antonoff hate go. You NEED to move on. She’s almost 40 years old. She was still in her twenties in the UV era and clearly much unhappier. You can’t expect that she’s going to write the same damn kind of songs for ten years straight. 

also — I can guarantee if she WAS writing UV carbon copies ten years after that album came out people would complain she wasn’t changing her sound enough. 

Enough is enough!!!!

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

1 hour ago, rosemead ramada said:

I'm not listening to Taco Truck nearly as much as I thought I would... anyone else?

When new albums come out I just want to listen to the new stuff on repeat, and the VB ending takes me out of it

I feel like if Taco Truck were a fully fleshed out song it would be in my top 5 but instead it's like in my bottom 5 least played even though I LOVE venice bitch

I agree.

I love Taco Truck so much. It would be so good without the x VB part. I usually skip when second part begins.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

I know this is not the right thread, but I really feel that the “surprise” is UV outtakes. Everything is lining up - SYTH removed from youtube, all the leaks that we have. It also fits the Ocean Blvd theme for forgotten art. Imagine if the insta account is for her reopening her own tunnel of forgotten songs :trisha:

2 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

Lol this is because y'all love to underestimate her and underappreciate her. Her albums are cultural moments that open a bunch of conversation and discussion. 

I wouldn't say having a negative opinion on some of her music is underestimating her, in fact if anything it's overestimating her because we know what she is capable of having proved otherwise in the past. Either way it doesn't matter because her "low" standard is higher than most other artists.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

41 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

To be fair while I love cocc the only reason why it got such high revies was because of NFR. If it had been released after LFL it would have not made it above 80. 

Same goes for BB, you spilled:gclap:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

81/100 now with that fucking sputnik review, the way they count this clownery but NOT the Record Collector (which is also available on MC) is not sitting rite w me.

Why cant we win for once? :oprah2: (I wonder if there's any case that Metacritic would remove a score late on tho, do we need to keep emailing to notify them that Sputnik merit is A JOKE?)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

11 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

81/100 now with that fucking sputnik review, the way they count this clownery but NOT the Record Collector (which is also available on MC) is not sitting rite w me.

Why cant we win for once? :oprah2: (I wonder if there's any case that Metacritic would remove a score late on tho, do we need to keep emailing to notify them that Sputnik merit is A JOKE?)

I'm just happy it only dropped 1 point. 5/10 is a bad score and Sputnik always tries to sabotage her for engagement. I don't understand why the Record Collector review hasn't been added. At this point I'm content with an 81. It's still a great score, but it's interesting how so many pop girls get into the mid-upper 80s so easily nowadays and Lana had to fight to even get to 82 with this brilliant album. 

1 minute ago, The Rhino Designer said:

re, but it's interesting how so many pop girls get into the mid-upper 80s so easily nowadays and Lana had to fight to even get to 82 with this brilliant album. 

Critics, Grammies, award shows and every “prestigious” event became a joke nowadays. They were questionable before too.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

4 hours ago, MJx said:

Jack Antonoff enablers saying it is all Lana's choice, pls explain why if u listen to instrumentals by LDR Taylor Swift or Lorde you probably wouldnt be able to tell which one is which? GTFO! 

That being said I unexpectedly loved Ocean Blvd A LOT. Might be my fav album, though I am for sure biased when it comes to UV because of the sentimental value it has for me.

Lol only if one has no basic understanding in music :rip:

31 minutes ago, The Rhino Designer said:

I'm just happy it only dropped 1 point. 5/10 is a bad score and Sputnik always tries to sabotage her for engagement. I don't understand why the Record Collector review hasn't been added. At this point I'm content with an 81. It's still a great score, but it's interesting how so many pop girls get into the mid-upper 80s so easily nowadays and Lana had to fight to even get to 82 with this brilliant album. 

and these publications who rates her album 60/100 or 50/100 ended up having her in their year end / decade end lists lmaoo fucking jokers

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

34 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

will fantano post his review today?

Probably tomorrow I think he recorded it today! And not sure if this has been said already but he posted a tiktok of him in a yellow flannel which usually means he’ll rate it an 8 or higher! Maybe a 7 but should be good :)