Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

4 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

there's only 100/100 from Gigwise so far tho.

and they dont count for Meta :toofloppy:

But they still have Record Collector tho. Why they havent added it yet?

We should send an email and ask them to add those scores as @Xenoblade 2 said 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

The biggest mistake this album was the stunt either she or the UK label pulled with the reviews prior to release there

i still do not understand what the logic was with that

The way it was supposed to be to prevent an album leak when it leaked a week before release anyway:bebe:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 minutes ago, barttttender said:

called it - him hating fishtail

I mean we all hate fishtail lol

The real surprise for me is him liking Margaret so much it 'tore him apart emotionally'... really didn't see that one coming.

im sooooo curious to see what she's going to do next; is she going to build on Ocean Blvd and get that 10? is she going in a totally new direction (the closer on this album makes me think she could, although ive never really bought into the idea that her closer tracks are a peak into her next era) and how long until that work is released? Im already so impatient omg

2 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

He did not like Fishtail lmaoo

Out of the songs on the back half, that's the song I thought he was going to actually enjoy! Pleasantly surprised by his review :oprah:

I love Fishtail

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I haven't posted about this album yet, I remember trying to stay up till midnight to listen and my weak ass fell asleep. I listened to it the next night because it didn't feel right listening to this album in the day time for some reason. My overall favorites are Peppers and Kintsugi. This album is so much to take in. I need a few months to process. It's amazing and I love it but I can see my opinion about my favorites changing overtime.

tumblr_lqljl9sXae1qdm9llo1_r2_500.gif

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

The way it was supposed to be to prevent an album leak when it leaked a week before release anyway:bebe:

And like WHEN has an album ever leaked from press copies? I might be mistaken but I’m fairly sure those are encrypted and protected somehow to prevent exactly that so even that reasoning makes no sense to me

22 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

You can email Metacritic to add reviews or remove them.

I wish this were true, but it isn't. I emailed them yesterday about Sputnik and The Quietus. I know a few others emailed about Sputnik, too. The 50 was still added and the other reviews were still left out - they don't care.  

That said, if y'all haven't emailed Metacritic about The Quietus and Record Collector reviews, feel free to do so, because it's stupid. editorial@metacritic.com

2 minutes ago, The Rhino Designer said:

That's his loss. Fishtail is in my Top 5. 

But a 9/10 is a win for the culture. I just know the incel neckbeards and Sputnik dorks are SPIRALING right now.

Fantano's karma for his 1/10 Ultraviolence review is that he is forever saddled with the worst fans/commenters this side of a Jordan Peterson video. If you want to hate humanity, check out the comments under this.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Candy Necklace sounds phenomenal on a long drive at night under city lights, I just tested this out :hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, The Rhino Designer said:

lol babe it's not that deep, all i'm saying is that you're wrong. it's all love!! :kiss3:

id like to apologise to the fishtail community, it was careless and insensitive of me to claim everyone hated fishtail. grandfather please stand on the shoulders of fishtail while its deep sea fishing