Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 hour ago, SalvaWHORE said:

The way Portals takes #1 iTunes US in only a few hours and Ocean Blvd couldnt.

:oprah2:

You will be surprised when Ocean Blvd outsells Portals in every country possible then. :oprah2:

2 minutes ago, Ultraviolencez said:

i dont get why people hate on tunnel sm  it gave us so many masterpieces but i guess people are just tastless anyways, tunnel is top3

PS: watch everyone love it after the MV(s) / visuals

Ocean Blvd isn’t meant to be or feel immediate: it’s meant for one to sit with it for a long, long time. It keeps growing and growing. The people who keep reducing it to a piano album are just stuck in BTD/UV nostalgia and can’t consume music that isn’t short or beat driven - or both. 

IMG-7960.jpg

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

Ocean Blvd isn’t meant to be or feel immediate: it’s meant for one to sit with it for a long, long time. It keeps growing and growing. The people who keep reducing it to a piano album are just stuck in BTD/UV nostalgia and can’t consume music that isn’t short or beat driven - or both. 

Disagree with this a bit. It's unfair to say people are "reducing it to a piano album." It is a piano album factually (a few tracks aside), and some people will inevitably be put off by that.

I don't think it's fair to say they're "driven by nostalgia" or too obsessed with beat driven music. Piano is just not for everyone. The exact same would happen with Dua Lipa if she suddenly started making piano-heavy albums. She'd lose followers. 

People want to feel happy and listen to music at the gym and feel good about their life. Piano music is deep but often depressing. And I say this as a big LDR fan who loves the new album. I love it to pieces, but I also know that I'll be going back to High by the Beach, Ride, Summertime Sadness and Doin' Time more in the long run - cuz those songs make me feel good. Makes sense?

4 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Disagree with this a bit. It's unfair to say people are "reducing it to a piano album." It is a piano album factually (a few tracks aside), and some people will inevitably be put off by that.

I don't think it's fair to say they're "driven by nostalgia" or too obsessed with beat driven music. Piano is just not for everyone. The exact same would happen with Dua Lipa if she suddenly started making piano-heavy albums. She'd lose followers. 

People want to feel happy and listen to music at the gym and feel good about their life. Piano music is deep but often depressing. And I say this as a big LDR fan who loves the new album. I love it to pieces, but I also know that I'll be going back to High by the Beach, Ride, Summertime Sadness and Doin' Time more in the long run - cuz those songs make me feel good. Makes sense?

I think a lot of us like some of the piano driven tracks(some of us may not)- my main complaint with the album is that it doesn’t flow from one track to the next in my opinion and the tracks vary in quality whether mixing and mastering and subjectively again songs themselves - it feels like a collection of songs she really liked which is fine. 

Oh my god Fantano gave her a 9 :deadbanana: I legit thought he was giving her a light to decent 5 or whatever. Great news!

5 hours ago, Jared said:

The only thing holding Lana back at this point is her own ''fans''. They're her biggest enemy! 

i don't think lana's fans are holding her back bc she already doesn't care what we think or what we want from her. the way lots of fans complain about everything she does proves that

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

10 minutes ago, barttttender said:

People want to feel happy and listen to music at the gym and feel good about their life. Piano music is deep but often depressing. 

:toofunny: Why does this read as a 2012 comment on one of her vids on YouTube

2 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Not sure what it feels like, but it's a fact. Just turn on the radio and you'll see where the culture is at. 

And mind you - I'm planning to take piano lessons, it's my favorite instrument. But even I want to feel great and energeized. I'm not gonna listen to piano all day long, no way. 

1 minute ago, PARADIXO said:

fr besides it's not like lana's music is the ONLY music there is... if you want "gym" and "feel good" songs you can just listen to literally anything else lmaooo that type of music is abundant out there

13 minutes ago, barttttender said:

People want to feel happy and listen to music at the gym and feel good about their life. 

I mean - there is plenty of music and artists for that? It's not like the things you describe ever belonged to her core vibe.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Ok, I’m now ready to say this: Ocean Blvd is now my favorite album of all time. My previous favorite album of all time was in that spot for 7 years now, so I don’t say this lightly.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

9 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Not sure what it feels like, but it's a fact. Just turn on the radio and you'll see where the culture is at. 

And mind you - I'm planning to take piano lessons, it's my favorite instrument. But even I want to feel great and energeized. I'm not gonna listen to piano all day long, no way. 

turquioisejewel already said it. Lana is not the radio. I do respect your opinion, but it's weird that you're sort of demanding Lana to make "gym music" or whatever? This is an album about mortality lol, this is where she's at. Also, "The culture"? We're recovering from the worst tragedy that has happened to humanity in the 21st century, a fucking global pandemic, millions of dead, we all either lost someone recently or know someone who lost loved ones. A friend of mine lost both their parents... they both caught covid. Relationships have gotten harder to maintain, and she's pushing 40, she's singing about wanting to finally settle down with someone. She's also feeling hot and confident in her own skin; she doesn't need a four on the floor beat to hit them PRs on the gym. Social media has changed a lot with the pandemic, and she deleted her own official accounts. If that isn't connected with "the culture"... I'm signing off.