Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Kintsugi might take the #1 spot as my favourite lana song ever. 

I cry every single time I listen to the track. It says all the things I could never put into words and the meaning behind it is just so beautiful. Our hearts will break but that’s how the light gets in to make us full again. 

lana del rey writing when i was fifteen naked next door neighboors did a drive by pulled me up by my waist long hair to the beach side i wanted to go out like you swin with the fishes then he caught me on rhode island beaches but sometimes its just not your time caroline what kind of m*ther was she to say i'd end up in institutions all i wanted to do was kiss aaron greene and sit by the lake twisting lime into the drinks that they made have a baby at sixteen in the town i was born and DIE

gunna-fire.gif

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

36 minutes ago, Poppers said:

lana del rey writing when i was fifteen naked next door neighboors did a drive by pulled me up by my waist long hair to the beach side i wanted to go out like you swin with the fishes then he caught me on rhode island beaches but sometimes its just not your time caroline what kind of m*ther was she to say i'd end up in institutions all i wanted to do was kiss aaron greene and sit by the lake twisting lime into the drinks that they made have a baby at sixteen in the town i was born and DIE

gunna-fire.gif

:oprah::oprah:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

11 hours ago, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

Y’all are gonna get so triggered watching this twink blab about how the new album is a flop…

On these two people on Reddit?  :silly:

I don't agree with everything they said but they are entitled to an opinion at the end of the day.

3 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

oh i interpreted the song to be about depression or something, travelling around trying to find fulfillment but unable to find it, and the time to go being literally and metaphorically

My interpretation of paris texas is that it works on two levels. One is about feeling out of place geographically. But the last verse turns it into a song that's also about feeling out of place in a relationship. When u reach that point where u know it's over and time to leave. Works rly well with the reference to the movie which also touches on those themes. 

1 hour ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

On these two people on Reddit?  :silly:

I don't agree with everything they said but they are entitled to an opinion at the end of the day.

everyone is entitled to an their own opinion but if it's relevant or not is another story:bye:

it's not strange seeing people being dumb lol but what can we say?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

The more I listen to the album front to back, and picture the tunnel metaphor, the more that the last 3 tracks do already kind of feel like bonus tracks. I, unexpectedly, agree with Fantano that "Margaret" sort of feels like a closer track--and I think both "Sweet" and "Margaret" are the lights at the respective end of each tunnel.

But I do agree that the last 3 tracks may be a hint of the direction that LDRX is heading, and I'm incredibly excited for that :hype:

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

37 minutes ago, the greatest bitch said:

I think I’d prefer the grants a lot more without the Melodye, Pattie, & Shikena intro. 

Does anyone have any strong opinions about this portion of the track?

It’s my favorite part of the song 

Spoiler

I don’t get why people are so mad at it

Prepared for this to be unpopular…

1. Paris, Texas
  2. A&W
  3. Fishtail
  4. Taco Truck x VB
  5. Judah Smith Interlude
  6. Jon Batiste Interlude
  7. Peppers
  8. The Grants
  9. Kintsugi
  10. Candy Necklace
  11. Did you know…
  12. Grandfather…
  13. Sweet
  14. Let the Light In
  15. Fingertips
  16. Margaret

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

18 minutes ago, Mer said:

The more I listen to the album front to back, and picture the tunnel metaphor, the more that the last 3 tracks do already kind of feel like bonus tracks. I, unexpectedly, agree with Fantano that "Margaret" sort of feels like a closer track--and I think both "Sweet" and "Margaret" are the lights at the respective end of each tunnel.

But I do agree that the last 3 tracks may be a hint of the direction that LDRX is heading, and I'm incredibly excited for that :hype:

I choose to believe you:trisha:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey