Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

💣︎❍︎❍︎❍︎❍︎❍︎ ⬧︎︎⧫︎⧫︎︎■︎︎❒︎︎ ❒︎◆︎︎■︎︎ ❍︎⍓︎ ✌︎💧💧📬︎🕯︎❍︎ ⬧︎□︎ ❄︎☟︎👍😐︎✏︎ 💣︎❍︎❍︎❍︎❍︎❍︎ □︎◆︎◆︎◆︎◆︎ ■︎□︎︎□︎︎⍓︎ ︎□︎◆︎●︎︎□︎❍︎◻︎︎⧫︎︎ ⬥︎︎⧫︎︎◆︎❒︎❖︎⍓︎ ❑︎◆︎︎■︎ ●︎︎🙵︎ ❍︎︎ □︎︎◆︎︎🙵✏︎

whatarecoloris.jpg

I'm shocked at how amazing this album is

It's not as easy to listen to as NFR but wow it's such a work of art with such depth

and I think it's the first time an album makes me appreciate the singles way more

44 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I recently realized that Let The Light In sounds like what I thought Paris, Texas was gonna sound like :air2: I'm happy with both of the final products though

wait didn’t we have the Paris, Texas instrumental during the prerelease since it’s the SYML song?

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

9 minutes ago, Mer said:

wait didn’t we have the Paris, Texas instrumental during the prerelease since it’s the SYML song?

I was choosing to be delusional also I think I might have heard the sample after getting the title lol

imageproxy.jpg

When I first listened to the album I also got the feeling that the last three songs felt a bit out of place in terms of the overall sound of the album. I honestly think Lana added those three songs at the end so that the album could have some bops, because let's be honest, none of the other songs have the potential to go viral besides A&W and without Fishtail, Peppers and Taco Truck the album would feel too dense,  I also think that Jimmy's part in A&W is another way of freeing the album from so much tension on such heavy themes. I also think the same as @Mer when they said that it could be a hint of what the next album might sound like.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

i think im coming around on the album a bit more. like another user mentioned, its not an easy listen in the way that theres interludes and sonically, it feels a bit broken up. however, individually, all of the songs are amazing (some more than others) and its a great album. i guess i was hoping for more of a soundtrack vibe.

i think if the whole album had the sonic theme of fingertips->taco truck it would be amazing. just light, airy, and fun in some spots. but that would leave out some of the best tracks in the album. i just really like that light n airy sound for lana and paris, texas has become one of my favorites. 

4 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

When I first listened to the album I also got the feeling that the last three songs felt a bit out of place in terms of the overall sound of the album. I honestly think Lana added those three songs at the end so that the album could have some bops, because let's be honest, none of the other songs have the potential to go viral besides A&W (which does fit with the vibe of the album). Clearly none of those songs are meant to be commercial, but I think you know what I mean. I also think the same as @Mer when they said that it could be a hint of what the next album might sound like.

In her French interview, she says she had no idea A&W would be liked so much because it was a weird song. So I don't know if she really thought that

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

I really disagree with the notion that the last three tracks are to “add some bops” or that they were something for the fans, im not really one to think Lana is a complete genius in everything she does and that everything she does is intentional, but I feel like its very obvious that putting three “bop” tracks at the end is an intentional way to show her moving on and being more carefree

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

8 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

In her French interview, she says she had no idea A&W would be liked so much because it was a weird song. So I don't know if she really thought that

Having that perception is normal because it's a folk song that turns into a trap-ish song, I think anything from Lana that has hip-hop/trap influences is going to end up being liked by the gp.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I really disagree with the notion that the last three tracks are to “add some bops” or that they were something for the fans, im not really one to think Lana is a complete genius in everything she does and that everything she does is intentional, but I feel like its very obvious that putting three “bop” tracks at the end is an intentional way to show her moving on and being more carefree

Wait I feel like you’re contradicting yourself? I’m confused 

7 minutes ago, Mer said:

Wait I feel like you’re contradicting yourself? I’m confused 

I see how its confusing lol… sometimes fans say things are intentional that to me dont seem intentional😭 but the bops at the end is an exception to that and I think it is intentional

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I see how its confusing lol… sometimes fans say things are intentional that to me dont seem intentional😭 but the bops at the end is an exception to that and I think it is intentional

oooooh yes I see what you mean thank you 🩷

12 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Piano breakdown of CN reminds me so much of Westworld piano songs. Also, A&W first part instrumental has that Westworld theme vibes with angry guitar and bass.

omg, thanks. I was trying to remember in which series I had heard a similar piano. :w8ing:

19 minutes ago, nectarofthegodss said:

Will there be more critics reviews for the album since the Sp*tnik review one droped the score a bit? 

I checked on AOTY, and her albums usually get 35-36 reviews. This one only has 26 right now, but BB also only received 26 so it’s possible that we will not get anymore.