Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 minute ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

I think she's talking about the breakup with Sean that she's mentioned multiple times.. She said it felt like the world was ending for her, so her heart was "cracked open" and she sleeps through spring and needs support from her friends in BB perhaps bc she needs support from them when she thinks about him,, Just a theory tho idk?

It could be. Then these two lyrics could not be related.

Considering the theme of Kintsugi being the death of her relatives, I was thinking something related to that but I don't know if any of the 3 funerals she talked about happened around third of march. I think her grandmother's death is around December, uncle Dave is around July? I don't know the third one.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

i disagree that this is a lyrically "lazy" album with tracks like kintsugi and fingertips....i realize there's a lot of lyric recycling like making references to letting the light in, when you know you know...etc. but that's nothing new to miss red dress pale moonlight

i think it's a profound statement to think about when u've got this girl to woman singing about her adventures from a place of just being on her own, tryna make her dreams come true alone, all the way to her being able to sing so comfortably about her family. 

her start, her response to the media w UV, HM solidifying her perspective/ artist status. LFL's hopes, NFR's taste of direction and devastation. to Chemtrails and BB's healing and this album's liberation. In a way, as fans, and because her music encompasses a lot about life, I like to think that we might've also grown w her thru similar instances. 

UV/Honeymoon

can we just reminisce about the LFL and the excitement of cherry being performed live with the big production… oh how i love ocean blvd but the love for LFL during this era was INSANE

giphy.gif

UV/LFL/COCC have the worst lyrics 

25 minutes ago, barttttender said:

i love the album, but i agree with your boyfriend. Bb'a and ob's lyrics are her laziest so far. All previous albums are legs better lyrically.

1 hour ago, CinnamonGay said:

UV/LFL/COCC have the worst lyrics 

"Down on the west coast, we gotta sayin', if you're not drinkin', then you're not playin'' - iconic 

White Dress also has incredible lyrics. 

As does Love... 

You're just wrong. Soz.

10 minutes ago, triangles19 said:

Can someone kind send me the "mother" uncensored version of Fingertip ?  :aw:

I haven't DL the leaks and so I missed this :(

Just found it <3

wait can u send me the link pls? ! 

6 hours ago, maysparkle said:

My bf said this is like her worst album and that she put no efforts into her lyrics this time around. I’m like….????? Hello?? Fingertips? Kintsugi?? I think he just doesn’t get it. His favorites seem to be NFR and Born to Die, and he also likes LFL and HM. He said the only good song on Tunnel is Let the Light In. Idk… he was upset when he heard I bought like four different vinyl variations. Funny how this is the same guy who, years ago in 2019, held up the phone to record the show seeing Lana at the Greek Theatre when my wrists got tired. Totally supportive. Now he could take her or leave her. I guess the QFTC made him wary. Whatever. I still like this album so that’s all that matters to me. Relationships suck yo 

i hope i'm not overstepping here but i definitely feel like a man (especially straight man) having an issue with the qftc is a red flag. strikes me as one of those performative "feminist" guys who actually hate women but can only take it out on women whose opinions differ from thr appeoved narrative. but i don't know him, so i could be wrong. hopefully he comes around to the album and maybe it'll help him understand where lana is coming from.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

6 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

I feel like Ocean Blvd and Blue Banisters are her only albums that don’t have a noticeable theme/idea throughout them. 

Like she’s calling herself sweet on one song and then a whore on the next. That doesn’t mean it’s bad but I can’t pick out a consistent “storyline” 

why can she not be both sweet and a whore? and i feel like a&w has a bit of disillusionment that comes from realizing someone doesn't see you as a life partnwr but just as a body to use which makes it following sweet make perfect sense

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

"Down on the west coast, we gotta sayin', if you're not drinkin', then you're not playin'' - iconic 

White Dress also has incredible lyrics. 

As does Love... 

You're just wrong. Soz.

Girl OB has songs which are so much better lyrically like pls they're too many to list out.

They aren't like

"I'm a Saad girl ima baaaad girl"

"Guns n roses x infinity"

Summer bummer

5 hours ago, mlittle11 said:

lana said that if you want to know anything about her you should listen to BB but that makes no sense to me. if you want to know lanas life story i feel like ocean blvd is the album to listen to

ocean blvd does seem to dig deepest into her life but i feel like violet + blue banisters + ocean blvd altogether give you all you need to know to understand her life story. after listening to all 3 of those records, its hard to not get it.

21 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

i hope i'm not overstepping here but i definitely feel like a man (especially straight man) having an issue with the qftc is a red flag. strikes me as one of those performative "feminist" guys who actually hate women but can only take it out on women whose opinions differ from thr appeoved narrative. but i don't know him, so i could be wrong. hopefully he comes around to the album and maybe it'll help him understand where lana is coming from.

This statement is a huge red flag my dear

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

25 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

oooo let her talk girl you’re spittingggg!!! :beyonce: I’m living for this someone needs to reply something bitter back so we can get this drama started :hair:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

13 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Girl OB has songs which are so much better lyrically like pls they're too many to list out.

They aren't like

"I'm a Saad girl ima baaaad girl"

"Guns n roses x infinity"

Summer bummer

Haha, okay, I see your "I'm a sad girll" and raise you "You wanted me sadder., you wanted me sadder" 

Candy necklaces x infinity

"When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags". 

9 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Haha, okay, I see your "I'm a sad girll" and raise you "You wanted me sadder., you wanted me sadder" 

Candy necklaces x infinity

"When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags". 

That's a refrain and UV has to be her album where most of the refrains are just her repeating the title, which isn't a problem per say but really no comparing the two

I don’t see how you can compare OB and UV- their writing structures obviously have two different purposes- UV is much more structured but also more focused on strong melodies and hook lines- with some of her most iconic phrases thrown in here and there. 

OB is more focused on lyricism and familiar depth of her and others while experimenting with new structures for her. 

There no comparison because both weren’t aiming for the same thing 

It would make no sense for Lana to do something just lyrical at that point in time because she came off BTD and with the album being slower/ even less commercial she needed to transition effectively.

25 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

That's a refrain and UV has to be her album where most of the refrains are just her repeating the title, which isn't a problem per say but really no comparing the two

Well, at least with "I'm a sad girl" I knew what the hell she's singing about. 

When she repeats "Candy neckleces," I have no f-ing idea. 

So, since you're the lyric expert, minding explaining that refrain?

I absolutely love Melanie Martinez so this is no hate at all, but I find it kinda sad Lana will most likely debut at #3 on the US album chart with 120k predicted units, while Melanie is almost guaranteed to debut at #2 with a prediction of 70k-90k copies sold… Like, I’m super happy for Mel but Lana deserved better bc at the end of the day, people only care about how high artists chart and not how much they really sell, and I can’t stand brainless stans on Twitter being mean to Lana

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~