Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

15 hours ago, Furor Poeticus said:

The only complaint I keep having (and it’s not about the music, but the physicals) is the booklet. What stops her and her team or whoever’s responsible from including the lyrics to all the songs? It’s disappointing to have such a great album and then checking out the booklet that turns out to only have like 3 pages 

frfr, if the CD's came with official lyric booklets I would absolutely have purchased one, even if I'm a digital whore 

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑

22 hours ago, Lustrouslines said:

can we just reminisce about the LFL and the excitement of cherry being performed live with the big production… oh how i love ocean blvd but the love for LFL during this era was INSANE

I remember being obsessed with this little video. Lana danced beautifully in it, better than any other real performance. She has great posture and the movements are fluid. I believe she would do well in complex choreography if she invested more.

Can we discuss what the creative proposal for the album to end with VB must have been?

My theory: maybe the song was always dedicated to Lana's teenage boyfriend, Aaron. When Taco Truck transitions to VB, the lines imply that Lana was waking up from a dream with that past in her youth with him, so "Venice Bitch starts in her head" and everything that refers to her boyfriend and her adolescence, such as "incident" at the lake - never die, not tonight, LAKE PLACIIID! :paris:

What is your opinion?

Grandfather is the Beautiful of this album and Paris Texas is the Violets For Roses. They won't age extremely well I don't think while other songs on it will. I also don't think The Grants will either

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 hours ago, mostexoticflwr said:

now that the whole album is out, what do you guys think the aesthetic of the album is? (if there is one)

I think the magazines photo shoots match the aesthetic very well.

115K units in America, number one in the UK and the fastest-selling album for this year, number one in Aus, it's genuinely touching to see such widespread success with the extremely personal nature of this album. She really did that :icant:

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑

4 hours ago, mostexoticflwr said:

now that the whole album is out, what do you guys think the aesthetic of the album is? (if there is one)

I actually think the standard & target covers catch the albums vibe pretty much on point

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

2 hours ago, American Whore said:

Grandfather is the Beautiful of this album and Paris Texas is the Violets For Roses. They won't age extremely well I don't think while other songs on it will. I also don't think The Grants will either

I agree with this! Grandfather has gorgeous instrumentation but it doesn't have any re play value for me💀

Paris, Texas is okay 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

3 hours ago, American Whore said:

Grandfather has already aged like milk for me. Grandfather and Margaret is the 2 song that i hid from the album. And it makes me sad 😩 I haven't hid any song from Lana's album before OB. 

Paris, Texas is the Video Games of this album :true:.
- Beautiful classic distinguishable melody. 

- Lyrically thrives in simplicity [No overly complicated weird word jargons, not too wordy, no swearing, no offensive words (h!gh, f*uvk, de@th, wh0re, r@pe, wh!te woman, c0v!d)].

- Unique beautiful attention grabbing vocal performance. The moody deep voice in Video Games is nothing like you’ve ever heard in mainstream music. It was chilling. A head turner. The same with Paris, Texas in the opposite direction. Those very French? theatrical operatic high voice isn’t heard much in mainstream music.

Instant timeless classic :true:.

Interestingly, I think “Yes To Heaven” tick those boxes as well. Simple inoffensive lyrics, beautiful melodies = classic. In fact, most timeless hits fall into that category :true:.