Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

14 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

- Lyrically thrives in simplicity [No overly complicated weird word jargons, not too wordy, no swearing, no offensive words (h!gh, f*uvk, wh0re, r@pe, wh!te woman, c0v!d)].

girl let yourself out :pls:

14 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

The moody deep voice in Video Games is nothing like you’ve ever heard in mainstream music.

:awkney:

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

1 hour ago, babetteateoatmeal said:

do you guys think this could actually be the time lana takes home aoty :flutter: i know she has some big competition and it might be wishful thinking but i like to be delusional 

I think she'll def be nominated but don't think she'll win. Also, It just hit me again that she wasn't nominated/ won anything for Ultraviolence which is honestly so crazy.

That ugly ass sparkle sound takes me out of fingertips :bebe: like it just ruins the flow and I can’t believe they put that on the mastered version of the song 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

27 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Fingertips and Kintsugi should have never been placed on the album. Should have stayed as they are, as poems and placed in her next poetry book. :azealia:

I know these two songs are everyone's favorites in the fandom, but they don't work well at all as songs. 

someone here has no knowledge of the history of folk songs :eek:

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

51 minutes ago, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

He wrote on Patreon that he had to delete the channel. This is his short message: 

“I know this is sudden, but I've got some pretty heavy personal stuff happening right now, and it's necessitating me putting an end to FWR.  I'm very sorry.
I appreciate you all being part of this journey with me, and I wish you nothing but the best. 
-Aaron”

I’m also shocked and pretty sad to hear this news because he was such a good person at analyzing music. Also, it was so nice just waking up to a new FWR video. He’ll definitely be missed - i hope he likes the new Lana record. 😢

a loss for the culture :icant:

50 minutes ago, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

He wrote on Patreon that he had to delete the channel. This is his short message: 

“I know this is sudden, but I've got some pretty heavy personal stuff happening right now, and it's necessitating me putting an end to FWR.  I'm very sorry.
I appreciate you all being part of this journey with me, and I wish you nothing but the best. 
-Aaron”

I’m also shocked and pretty sad to hear this news because he was such a good person at analyzing music. Also, it was so nice just waking up to a new FWR video. He’ll definitely be missed - i hope he likes the new Lana record. 😢

🥺 poor thing, I really liked him, just seemed like a lovely guy.

I think candy necklaces is my favorite song on this album, lyrically. Also i like the little nod to cinnamon girl and tulsa jesus freak (white fire, cinnamon on my teeth)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

30 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Fingertips and Kintsugi should have never been placed on the album. Should have stayed as they are, as poems and placed in her next poetry book. :azealia:

I know these two songs are everyone's favorites in the fandom, but they don't work well at all as songs. 

as poems they could never evoke the same emotions, I mean the musical accompaniment and the performance are just great

16 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

I hope it will be an album without collabs. :hooker:

unless it's Father John Misty :hooker:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

2 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:
  Hide contents

Why are you so infatuated with me?

this part of the interlude makes me ascend

giphy.gif

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif