Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

I kinda hope the next album has either the gospel sound of The Grants/Ocean Blvd, the folk vibes of Paris Texas/Let the Light In or the fun and chill beats of Peppers/Taco Truck :um2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I see some of y’all still displaying copious amounts of tasteless copy-paste one liners about how Kintsugi and/or Fingertips are boring and should have stayed as poems - as if Lana’s writing hasn’t at least since 2017 been merging the two art forms consistently. Between this and the anti-piano brigade… it’s a tragedy. I see nothing Greek in it :awkney:

IMG-7960.jpg

29 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Lana can make middle of the road exquisite Joni lyrical songs but can Joni rhyme neon phosphorescent open like a Christmas present On trashy amazing bops? 
I think the fuck not! 

Bring on the trashy bops 

oprah-winfrey-shrug.gif

I think we have to acknowledge--there could be an entire thread about this--that apparently something like more than 50% of Lana stans live, right now, on a day-to-day basis at a very emotional level, ready to cry tears of anger, deep sadness, grief, rage, depression, frustration, hopelessness, etc., at almost any moment, as members here often report. Not being of this frame of mind or heart, it really jumps out at me on LBs. The high percentage does surprise me at times. 

We know most of us tend to relate to Lana on an emotional level as well as an artistic one---if we didn't like her music artistically, we wouldn't care about it or want an emotional relationship to it---and her catalog is generally very satisfying in this way, including leaked tracks like 'If I Die Young.'  

I, too, would like more "trashy bops." I wouldn't mind if she made an entire album of songs like 'Making Out' and 'Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight,' or the original 'Live or Die,' in fact, I think I'd prefer it to another generally sleepy album like OC. 

But it doesn't seem that that is what most here want, based on the strong emotional reactions to 'Fingertips' especially, but also 'Candy Necklace,' 'The Grants,' 'A&W,' 'Grandfather' and 'Kintsugi. 

On the other hand, almost everyone loved 'VB' on NFR! and it's certainly not a overly-emotional track.   

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

something like more than 50% of Lana stans live, right now, on a day-to-day basis at a very emotional level, ready to cry tears of anger, deep sadness, grief, rage, depression, frustration, hopelessness, etc., at almost any moment, as members here often report. Not being of this frame of mind or heart, it really jumps out at me on LBs

I feel attacked 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I feel attacked 

Are you being serious? I hope not. It's an observation. And I don't recall you ever speaking that way about your reaction to a LDR song, though you may have. 

1 hour ago, loveyoumadly said:

I think she'll def be nominated but don't think she'll win. Also, It just hit me again that she wasn't nominated/ won anything for Ultraviolence which is honestly so crazy.

tbh it's not so crazy to me... everyone jumped at her throat for a lot of shit back then

15 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Are you being serious? I hope not. It's an observation. And I don't recall you ever speaking that way about your reaction to a LDR song, though you may have. 

They’re just kidding bb :benmawson: we all love your takes here- it’s like a replacement for @graham4anything

9 hours ago, American Whore said:

Grandfather is the Beautiful of this album and Paris Texas is the Violets For Roses. They won't age extremely well

delete this bestie 

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

Very descriptive, logical characteristics pertaining to human behaviour and how they relate to the listener.

Thanks. I like that. I live by logic. 

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

The Grants is my least favourite opener, it's too la la hallelujah la la :wtf2:

nothing can compare to the supremacy of white dress and cruel world :legend: she set the bar too high :agree:

6 minutes ago, turquoisejewel said:

nothing can compare to the supremacy of white dress and cruel world :legend: she set the bar too high :agree:

and honeymoon and born to die and love :xcry: