Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

5 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I hate when people act like they are the first human in history to have an original opinion but like- am I the only one who doesn’t like París, Texas???😭 Like I just don’t like the beginning and certain parts just feel weak lyrically, especially when it is following Fingertips and preceding Grandfather. 

i actually like paris texas but the main problem i have with the whole album is that there’s so much instrumental filler, like nobody needs a 1 minute long intro/outro

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

11 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

She is a therapist? If she gets this way over Lana's songs how does she work with her clients? Especially the ones who been raped or lost a child etc? :xcry:

imagine telling ur therapist how traumatic ur life is and they just start crying in front of u like... :judgingu3:

200.gif

𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘴

Just now, EVANPOP said:

imagine telling ur therapist how traumatic ur life is and they just start crying in front of u like... :judgingu3:

None of my therapist ever cried. I just never seen one cried. This poor woman on youtube just loses it over songs...bless her. :wub:

13 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

She is a therapist? If she gets this way over Lana's songs how does she work with her clients? Especially the ones who been raped or lost a child etc? :xcry:

ahh I think this is rather complex, but I think maybe it might be more about time, place, and providing a kind of space of vulnerability. if anyone knows any better/ boundaries when it comes to this intersect, I'd really like to know what your opinion would be. 

UV/Honeymoon

after having been listening to the album for over a week, i can gladly say that it has made its way into my top 3 lana albums :makeup: i had quite high expectations for ocean blvd during the pre-release and i'm so happy it still blew me away, everything from lyrics to melodies is stunning, she really outdid herself once again :trisha:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I thought I found the dumbest reactor a while ago with some meathead who was doing a few of Lana's songs, but I just hit paydirt.

(Not judging her opinions. This is just out and out dumb)

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

5 hours ago, shadesofyayo said:

i actually like paris texas but the main problem i have with the whole album is that there’s so much instrumental filler, like nobody needs a 1 minute long intro/outro

disagree. Her past albums suffered from

too much of her singing and little to no breathing space. I remember feeling exhausted by her voice by the end of lfl and honeymoon. It was, like, constant with no instrumentals.

the orchestrations, intervals and lana-free moments are super welcome. Jack's really good with that (venice bitch being a prime example). It's not just about lana and her singing, it's about the music - as it should be. At least half-way. That's why these records do better with the critics, they're way more musical

5 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Their reaction to Taco Truck would've been me if I hadn't spoiled myself with the Venice bitch part 

Call me grumpy or whatever but I really disliked their reaction to some songs. Fake over exaggerations, constant hand movements etc really annoyed me for some reason. You can like a song without trying too hard to convey the viewers 

D.png

There's a guy on YT who does individual song reactions for Lana, Forwhateverreason is the name of the channel, and it seems it has completely disappeared out of the blue. Does anyone know what happened? 

23 minutes ago, Hejira87 said:

There's a guy on YT who does individual song reactions for Lana, Forwhateverreason is the name of the channel, and it seems it has completely disappeared out of the blue. Does anyone know what happened? 

Oh shit, you’re right. Idk what’s going on but I hope everything is alright, he’s def one of the best new reactions channels when it comes to Lana :ohno:

21 hours ago, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

He wrote on Patreon that he had to delete the channel. This is his short message: 

“I know this is sudden, but I've got some pretty heavy personal stuff happening right now, and it's necessitating me putting an end to FWR.  I'm very sorry.
I appreciate you all being part of this journey with me, and I wish you nothing but the best. 
-Aaron”

I’m also shocked and pretty sad to hear this news because he was such a good person at analyzing music. Also, it was so nice just waking up to a new FWR video. He’ll definitely be missed - i hope he likes the new Lana record. 😢

@Hejira87 @rabbit

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png