Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,056 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

10 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

I'm so sorry I hate to say this but the production on Fishtail sounds so dated and cheap :( They should have sticked with the original AK-Wanderlust.

I love the song and I agree with you. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

24 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

I'm so sorry I hate to say this but the production on Fishtail sounds so dated and cheap :( They should have sticked with the original AK-Wanderlust.

the autotune... unnecessary:air2:

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

12 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

the “beat drop” sounds like something youd hear on the radio in 2013 :crai: its so upsetting bc it makes it almost unlistenable for me when it would be one of my top faves otherwise 

16 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

I also hate that the vocal mix is so muffled. :rip:

STAMPEDE (the duets album) - coming soon

TN8Axi7.png

Let me post this again.

Nothing cheap or dated about this I’m sorry. If you want cheap wack beats listen to Honeymoon and L4L. Also disagree on Wanderlust. Now that sounds like lo-fi beats to study to (generic). Fishtail doesn’t sound generic at all to me. Superior.

It has a rough abrasive industrial sound similar to the end of A&W. Ooh, I love that. Also it’s not dissimilar to this:

Just focus on the rough production and ignore the generic pop rock vocals and melodies. I’m purely talking about the rough scratchy production.

Something about the Online Exclusive cover is very 'Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it' and I think it's the most iconic cover of all! 

8Qg234E.gif

14 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

I'd take Fishtail over some of Rick's LFL production any day :bebe: In My Feelings is the only Lana song that I find genuinely awful.

Yeah same. Rick is good at a lot of things but that type of production is not his thing. Summer Bummer and Groupie Love are pretty good because actual hip-hop artists/producers were involved. You can really tell when they weren’t on songs like In My Feelings. 

28 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Yeah same. Rick is good at a lot of things but that type of production is not his thing. Summer Bummer and Groupie Love are pretty good because actual hip-hop artists/producers were involved. You can really tell when they weren’t on songs like In My Feelings. 

We literally have dozens of Rick bops on honeymoon 

3 hours ago, mlittle11 said:

the “beat drop” sounds like something youd hear on the radio in 2013 :crai: its so upsetting bc it makes it almost unlistenable for me when it would be one of my top faves otherwise 

I was so excited when we learned that it's gonna sample AK-Wanderlust. I really like melody too, it is upsetting yeah.

I mean sound effects and beat drops at 2:00-2:15,  2:20-2:30,  3:10-3:15 are bad :crai: 

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024