Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Havent had time to come on here cuz of work, but god i fucking love the album so much. Got the vinyl already and gonna get the Amazon one once i get paid lmao

Did the instrumentals leak? Or are those filtered?

Also any insider tea that i might have missed? Pearl watch me on ring a bell psycho lifeguard

:xgiggle:

I just realised I never shared my ranking for the album lol

1. Taco Truck x VB
  2. Let the Light In
  3. Candy Necklace
  4. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
  5. Fishtail
  6. Paris, Texas
  7. The Grants
  8. A&W
  9. Peppers
  10. Fingertips
  11. Kintsugi
  12. Sweet
  13. Grandfather
  14. Margaret

ngl I skip the interludes :hide: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

the piano in the jon batiste songs are amazing and so rich like there’s such a marked difference in quality with the other songs on the album. this is not bashing the other songs btw because i do like all the other songs but if she’s going to continue making piano heavy songs, she should work with actual pianists. wildflower wildfire for instance, would’ve been godly with batiste’s piano playing

I wonder what she did to get such a good recording of her voice on Fingertips. From the information I gathered, the whole song was recorded on the phone, but her voice sounds exceptional on it, it really doesn’t sound as if it had been recording through the voice memos app. Sure there’s white noise, but it’s also the case on Heroin for instance and that one was a studio recording

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

50 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I wonder what she did to get such a good recording of her voice on Fingertips. From the information I gathered, the whole song was recorded on the phone, but her voice sounds exceptional on it, it really doesn’t sound as if it had been recording through the voice memos app. Sure there’s white noise, but it’s also the case on Heroin for instance and that one was a studio recording

Well iPhones generally have good mics, with some proper EQ, mixing and mastering the vocals will sound great. There is a difference with the other studio songs though.

16 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Well iPhones generally have good mics, with some proper EQ, mixing and mastering the vocals will sound great. There is a difference with the other studio songs though.

Not for vocal recording :paris: trust me I’ve tried- the quality is poor

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I just realised I never shared my ranking for the album lol

1. Taco Truck x VB
  2. Let the Light In
  3. Candy Necklace
  4. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
  5. Fishtail
  6. Paris, Texas
  7. The Grants
  8. A&W
  9. Peppers
  10. Fingertips
  11. Kintsugi
  12. Sweet
  13. Grandfather
  14. Margaret

ngl I skip the interludes :hide: 

You are so real for putting M*rgaret last on the list

Genuine question: does Lana’s voice on most songs on Blvd sound extremely muffled to anyone else? Maybe I’m loosing my mind but something about the sound mixing/ production seems off?!? I’ve been finding it really heard to listen to this album because of this. Sounds like her voice is buried under the instruments to me. Let the light in seems to be the only song that escapes this?!? 

6 minutes ago, Rusted iron gates said:

Genuine question: does Lana’s voice on most songs on Blvd sound extremely muffled to anyone else? Maybe I’m loosing my mind but something about the sound mixing/ production seems off?!? I’ve been finding it really heard to listen to this album because of this. Sounds like her voice is buried under the instruments to me. Let the light in seems to be the only song that escapes this?!? 

Yes you’re not the only one. This is my major complaint with the album and most of the music since LFL actually. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

19 minutes ago, Rusted iron gates said:

yup, particularly in Kintsugi, Peppers, A&W and Fishtail for me. I don't know why, but it should be executed in a clearer way. Literally if that little thing was fixed, several of these songs would sound more fleshed out to me.

3 hours ago, lannisterpussy said:

the piano in the jon batiste songs are amazing and so rich like there’s such a marked difference in quality with the other songs on the album. this is not bashing the other songs btw because i do like all the other songs but if she’s going to continue making piano heavy songs, she should work with actual pianists. wildflower wildfire for instance, would’ve been godly with batiste’s piano playing

yeah, it's totally the best piano on a Lana song I've heard in a while. Candy Necklace is in my top 3, and while I skip the interludes, I loved the piano in the Jon Batiste interlude, it really sounds otherworldly.

maybe i should bring back the JB interlude to my regular listenings when i play the album

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

yup, particularly in Kintsugi, Peppers, A&W and Fishtail for me. I don't know why, but it should be executed in a clearer way. Literally if that little thing was fixed, several of these songs would sound more fleshed out to me.

yeah, it's totally the best piano on a Lana song I've heard in a while. Candy Necklace is in my top 3, and while I skip the interludes, I loved the piano in the Jon Batiste interlude, it really sounds otherworldly.

maybe i should bring back the JB interlude to my regular listenings when i play the album

19 minutes ago, Pink Champagne said:

Yes you’re not the only one. This is my major complaint with the album and most of the music since LFL actually. 

25 minutes ago, Rusted iron gates said:

the way I was called deaf for years on here for saying this :toofloppy:

I wouldn’t call it buried under the instruments though because even they are quite light

She's notoriously always dropped 3 masterpieces to begin her records but that cycle kinda died with this album, not when the grants and sweet are there :wtf:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e