Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 hour ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Let’s stay on topic :xgiggle:

We're comparing the latest album of another major pop star in a similar genre with Lana's latest album. Could you please clarify how is that off topic?

It’s really amazing to me that I know several people IRL who never cared that much about Lana get totally converted by DYKTTATUOB. I’ve been listening to all of Lana’s other albums the past couple weeks and that’s really made it clear that her songwriting has really grown by leaps and bounds since she started (not that it was ever bad). 

Just like the new songs on BB felt like a bridge to the songs on this record - I’m super interested to see where her songwriting goes next. I have a feeling this album was a real shift for her. 

I love the Jon Batiste interlude. It’s like something you’d hear on Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd. I find the Antonoff hate so tiring and I hope he and Lana do continue working together, but I’d absolutely love for her to keep working with Jon Batiste. 

What’s interesting is that DYKTTATUOB sold more than NFR. I think this album really secured her legacy among stans and non-stans alike. I have a hunch this album will be very influential for younger musicians coming up, specifically in how the lyrics are written and the unconventional song structures. 

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

21 minutes ago, #FreeCandyNecklace said:

It’s really amazing to me that I know several people IRL who never cared that much about Lana get totally converted by DYKTTATUOB. I’ve been listening to all of Lana’s other albums the past couple weeks and that’s really made it clear that her songwriting has really grown by leaps and bounds since she started (not that it was ever bad). 

Just like the new songs on BB felt like a bridge to the songs on this record - I’m super interested to see where her songwriting goes next. I have a feeling this album was a real shift for her. 

I love the Jon Batiste interlude. It’s like something you’d hear on Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd. I find the Antonoff hate so tiring and I hope he and Lana do continue working together, but I’d absolutely love for her to keep working with Jon Batiste. 

What’s interesting is that DYKTTATUOB sold more than NFR. I think this album really secured her legacy among stans and non-stans alike. I have a hunch this album will be very influential for younger musicians coming up, specifically in how the lyrics are written and the unconventional song structures. 

People were converted by this album? :bebe:  what would they be influenced by on this album? I’m genuinely not trying to be sarcastic- it’s not a new sound, just her trying out how to blend unconventional song structures into her world.

we will see I guess 

39 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

Do we think that she scrapped the CN mv? :bebe:

No. It's coming mid April. The singles are spaced out monthly more or less and you need about a month to shoot and edit a video. So, it's pretty certain it's coming within the next few weeks. 

4 minutes ago, sparklertrailerheaven said:

not sure if this has been discussed before but i hate how she switches tempo before the piano break in candy necklace at 2:55… it feels like her lines were too long and she rushed trying to fit it all in

She’s acting young and restless

1 hour ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

Do we think that she scrapped the CN mv? :bebe:

I wouldn’t be surprised if she got pissed by that Instagram comment and scrapped it.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

9 minutes ago, sparklertrailerheaven said:

not sure if this has been discussed before but i hate how she switches tempo before the piano break in candy necklace at 2:55… it feels like her lines were too long and she rushed trying to fit it all in

This is exactly what i love about it :blush3:

tumblr_inline_ovyzoflKp61qlt39u_250.gifv
fire eater 

i have a confession :bebe:

i love the album and the songs are great but i haven't listened to it since the release week, i don't know if it's because it all felt so long with all the snippets, and the album related leaks etc, or simply because i'm the mood for something else atm, but i find myself listening to the recent leaks way more than Ocean Blvd.

i woke up with LTLI playing non stop in my mind this morning so that's good

Everyone: "God if you're near me send me three white butterflies 😍😍😍🦋🦋🦋"

The owl:

Screen_Shot_2017-11-10_at_10.36.15_AM.pn

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

y'all hyped the hell out of gpsotsomfwhdsf in the pre-release and now there's like 3 ppl talking abt that song :derpna3:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

5 hours ago, taco truck said:

Kintsugi > fingertips 4 life

I ask for hot takes and everyone starts fighting over frickin Lorde, who I am NOT gonna address for the sin that is Solar Power-and the only person to take up my offer is @taco truck and I disagree with them point blank periodt! Lol

22 minutes ago, Poppers said:

y'all hyped the hell out of gpsotsomfwhdsf in the pre-release and now there's like 3 ppl talking abt that song :derpna3:

Ok this is tea. I love the song, it's a carefree hippie call to the ancestors and she clicked with me after only a couple listens-but the melody wasn't what I was expecting (idk what I was expecting) but yeah everyone said this ones top 3 and no, it is not.

3 hours ago, bluebanesters said:

Fingertips unsensed leaked??

You'd have to comb through some debris first. *wink wink*

On 2/24/2023 at 1:34 AM, Americanboy said:

Hairy assholes are better than smooth ones

A&W being the first track of her Spotify "This is LDR" playlist... as it should :true:

14 hours ago, Kimi said:

what :rip: Lorde is super acclaimed and influential and her legacy is as big as Lanas. Pure Heroine is considered one of the most influential pop albums of that time and Melodrama was called masterpiece since day one. On top of that all the girls and boys that call Lana their influence talk about Lorde too.

You are 100% valid in your opinion but I can guarantee you looking back on the pop icons of the 2010's and singer songwriters in general Lorde will not be as acclaimed as Lana

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

1 hour ago, Poppers said:

I love the whole first verse but I’m not the biggest fan of where it goes after that. :agree:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

1 hour ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

i have a confession :bebe:

i love the album and the songs are great but i haven't listened to it since the release week, i don't know if it's because it all felt so long with all the snippets, and the album related leaks etc, or simply because i'm the mood for something else atm, but i find myself listening to the recent leaks way more than Ocean Blvd.

i woke up with LTLI playing non stop in my mind this morning so that's good

I've had the same reaction.

I like it, but I don't crave it, and for me, that's partly because it doesn't have the crisp, direct, immediate sound I like with her music, regardless of the song structure. I remember with a former album, I literally walked around Manhattan and Brooklyn for half a year listening to it and never tired of it, because it energized and held my attention all that time. And I still love that album.