Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

19 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Grandfather is constantly in my head and at this point it's very weird. I've been on a lot of city walks over the past days and whenever I am not consciously thinking about something it's just the chorus replaying in my head. Again. And Again.

same. i wasn’t too impressed by grandfather on first listen but it’s really grown on me now actually. it took a few weeks but it snuck up on me eventually. it’s got such a classic sound to it and i really do think it’s lana’s version of nina’s don’t let me be misunderstood 

It was a cute video and I love that she's back, but no way she didn't listen to these albums. 
Come to Patreon and pay me for "first listens". No, no. 

What, she never heard "Renaissance"? And ya'll are gonna pay to get a fake reaction? Don't do it. 

3 minutes ago, Hejira87 said:

It was a cute video and I love that she's back, but no way she didn't listen to these albums. 

What, she never heard "Renaissance"? And ya'll are gonna pay to get a fake reaction? Don't do it. 

Wdym😭

26 minutes ago, Hejira87 said:

she turned off social media for a year to focus on her mental health and just listened to her old music, while only listening to kendrick lamar's new album. what's so hard to believe about it? and she basically gets no money from her youtube videos because of copyright, patreon is what many youtubers are in fact resorting to, I don't see what's the problem here 

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

she turned off social media for a year to focus on her mental health and just listened to her old music, while only listening to kendrick lamar's new album. what's so hard to believe about it? and she basically gets no money from her youtube videos because of copyright, patreon is what many youtubers are in fact resorting to, I don't see what's the problem here 

I am not saying her issues are a lie.Her motive to come back is a lie. 
Come on, have some SENSE. So many people begging for her to come back and now she actually came back but she is saying, come to patreon and everyone pay 5 dollars? 
......I mean good for her, but everyone who is gonna think her reactions to Beyonce, Lana etc. will be AUTHENTIC first reactions are fooling themselves. 

31 minutes ago, Hejira87 said:

Did u really watch the full video? She said she’s not making any money from YouTube due to the copyright issues, that’s why she made “patreon” for people who like to watch a full reaction video without any cuts, and the cut version will be released on YouTube as usual, do u really expect her to release all these reactions without getting anything out of them? I would do the same.

1 minute ago, Americen Whore said:

Did u really watch the full video? She said she’s not making any money from YouTube due to the copyright issues, that’s why she made “patreon” for people who like to watch a full reaction video without any cuts, and the cut version will be released on YouTube as usual, do u really expect her to release all these reactions without getting anything out of them? I would do the same.

Yes, that is what they all say right now. It's called marketing. 
Reactors are literally sitting in a chair listening to music, do they really deserve to be payed? Some of them ask for over a 100 dollars per video. It's a scam. 

5 minutes ago, Hejira87 said:

Yes, that is what they all say right now. It's called marketing. 
Reactors are literally sitting in a chair listening to music, do they really deserve to be payed? Some of them ask for over a 100 dollars per video. It's a scam. 

I understand your POV but it’s not the album just sitting there getting played that’s getting people to watch that specific video. It’s the reactor. If people enjoy the reactions of the person enough to be excited about their videos and watch them, they 100% deserve whatever the audience is willing to pay. How is it a scam for people to receive exactly what they’re paying for?

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

3 minutes ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

I understand your POV but it’s not the album just sitting there getting played that’s getting people to watch that specific video. It’s the reactor. If people enjoy the reactions of the person enough to be excited about their videos and watch them, they 100% deserve whatever the audience is willing to pay. How is it a scam for people to receive exactly what they’re paying for?

Because it's the reactor making money over the back of the artist. The fans are endorsing that. 
Listen I won't lie, I enjoy a good reaction video but only if it's free. I'm not gonna pay a reactor money for doing nothing but listening and reacting. 

Honestly?

Margaret is one of the most beautiful moments on the album. The lyrics are great and fun, melodies are beautiful (IN A MINOR KEYYYY), I love Jack's verse and the instrumentation is perfect. Also it's the actual album closer. 

IMG_4411.gif