Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

29 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

anyone else get oh say can you see vibes from the paris texas bridge :wowcry:

Yeah PT is like an evolved version of the same sentiment a decade later

1 hour ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

I have a long drive today with my fiancé so you know what that means: I’m going to make him listen to Ocean Blvd :oopna:

When’s it gonna be my turnnnnnnn :( 

2 hours ago, mrborntolose said:

anyone else get oh say can you see vibes from the paris texas bridge :wowcry:

YES

Fingertips' growth to me on this album is astounding, it now fights with Paris, Texas for the number one spot. It's lyrics are so devastating, but also some of her best ever. The Aaron Greene run has quickly become one of my most treasured by her, it's achingly beautiful-and I don't mean that as some normal adjective-that shit truly hurts me, a kind of echoed pang of sadness, I...what a massive song. That's not the right word-shockingly haunting is better. Damn 

Apple Music has added the karaoke versions! It’s not exactly official instrumentals, because they keep her voice at a very low volume (you can adjust it, but not turn it off) as a guide, but if you want to analyze the instrumentals better it may tide you over!

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

6 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

the Grandfather song gave me today the right motivation for a long ride home by bicycle :justride2:

But the little honk at “but I have good intentions…” has made me think someone was actually honking their horn at me a few times while listening on the road. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

20 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

Honestly?

Margaret is one of the most beautiful moments on the album. The lyrics are great and fun, melodies are beautiful (IN A MINOR KEYYYY), I love Jack's verse and the instrumentation is perfect. Also it's the actual album closer. 

IMG_4411.gif

No, it’s not. I wish people stopped discrediting the last 3 tracks as “bonus tracks”. Thematically they all make sense in the concept of the album of getting in and out of the tunnel. Taco Truck in particular is the epitome of that - Lana is repurposing the very song she always said it’s meant to listen to to vibe and drive to and putting at the end of an album where she distilled immense amounts of trauma; it makes perfect sense as the closer.

IMG-7960.jpg

22 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

No, it’s not. I wish people stopped discrediting the last 3 tracks as “bonus tracks”. Thematically they all make sense in the concept of the album of getting in and out of the tunnel. Taco Truck in particular is the epitome of that - Lana is repurposing the very song she always said it’s meant to listen to to vibe and drive to and putting at the end of an album where she distilled immense amounts of trauma; it makes perfect sense as the closer.

They just sound like bonus tracks… I don’t think it’s that serious when someone thinks they do🧐 

margaret would've been a perfect closer imo, and the last 3 tracks dont sound like bonus tracks at all, it's just that they got an odd placement. if they were scattered across the album they would make so much more sense! the tracklist is kinda weird, the two interludes right next to each other are :pout::pout::pout: but the album remains her second best :true:

Lana should release the music videos this week if she wants to stay on the top 15 

1 hour ago, taco truck said:

I feel so sad I don’t love this album as much as u guys:crying5: 

I like the album but I feel you 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I actually think this is one of her best tracklistings. It kinda gets heavy in the middle but you slowly get to light track by track and I love the last three track run. I’m glad she kept the similar paced songs right next to each other, it works better that way to me. I always kinda found the doin time-love song-cinnamon run annoying just because of this reason.