Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

18 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Lana should release the music videos this week if she wants to stay on the top 15 

I like the album but I feel you 

I actually do like it quite a bit I’m just not as obsessed as everyone else😞

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Finding it hard to listen to anything else right now 🖤 Idk how I’d see Ocean Blvd if I wasn’t navigating the recent loss of my grandma, deep-rooted issues with my mother, and how the two are entwined, along with a couple other sensitive topics explored on the record. But I think it would still connect, perhaps differently but certainly as deep, because this album is pulling up so many other emotions and memories, all while giving heavy/very real insight to Lana’s life and mind. It’s just incredible, no words.

Kintsugi and Fingertips alone cleared the high expectations set by the title track, A&W, and The Grants. Sweet (unexpected fav!), Candy Necklace, Paris, LTLI, Peppers, and TT x VB are also very strong/compelling album tracks. Even the two songs I didn’t care for have grown on me a bit. Especially the “when you’re old your old” verse in Margaret. It’s hard to rank these songs, and the record itself, among her work, but I know they will stand the test of time :wub:

This album is kinda mid just like Blue Banisters for me I fear, It's certainly superior version of BB but not enough good for me to LOVE it. The majority of the tracks are not quite rich and atmospheric (if you wondered which track has the atmosphere to make me wanna listen again is Candy fucking Necklace, love that song!),  jack's production is meh and uninteresting once again(tired and sick of it.. nfr was enough). these are some of the main reasons I feel this way:agree: I'm looking forward for syth and new records from her nonetheless 

+ Despite what i said, this album is pretty much the only album I listen to these days. Probably because it's a fresh new album from her.

Enough time has passed for me to rank it at my number 2 album from her :true:

All of the songs have a little something, even the ones I don’t love as much (like Sweet, Margaret or the interludes), and when I want to skip to my favourite tracks, I end up listening to them anyways :thumb3: The only reason why it doesn’t dethrone NFR is because some songs are super heavy in tone (so not as easy-going to listen to like NFR’s songs) but mostly, because some of the songs I love the most (title track, A&W, Kintsugi, Fishtail, Taco Truck) are spaced out by one like a little less, so this album doesn’t give me as many one-two punches as her previous albums. My Holy trinity probably is Paris Texas/ Grandfather (can’t believe GP isn’t streaming that one more, it’s so glorious) /Let The Light In. 

i love that Jack’s production doesn’t feel too « Jack », and I’m shookt that Paris, Texas is so popular now :oprah2: This title was the most intriguing to me when the tracklist got revealed and I’m glad it lived up to the expectations (which almost never happens to me with her albums :pft:)

1 hour ago, Pink Champagne said:

Dare I say Kintsugi is as heartfelt as Pawn Shop Blues?

It is so beautiful. and the melody is more memorable than fingertips (even if it is also gorgeous). It’s one of the underrated gems of the album.

1 hour ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

This album is kinda mid just like Blue Banisters for me I fear, It's certainly superior version of BB but not enough good for me to LOVE it. The majority of the tracks are not quite rich and atmospheric (if you wondered which track has the atmosphere to make me wanna listen again is Candy fucking Necklace, love that song!),  jack's production is meh and uninteresting once again(tired and sick of it.. nfr was enough). these are some of the main reasons I feel this way:agree: I'm looking forward for syth and new records from her nonetheless 

+ Despite what i said, this album is pretty much the only album I listen to these days. Probably because it's a fresh new album from her.

She needed to ditch Jack years ago and yet, here we are. I just hope she finally comes to her senses and distances herself from that leech

12 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

If Margaret was the closer, y'all would be calling it her worst closer so lets not

I’ve seen this a lot. I like Margaret so much more than I thought I would. Not 💯 sure if its place on the album is the best (probably because Margaret is slitting up Let the Light In from Fishtail, that are two my fave songs). But as a closer, like you said, everyone would be bitching to hell and back :thumb3:

Or even YouTubers reacting to the album saying the last three tracks don’t fit with the album… I can’t even begin to imagine the meltdowns here if she indeed hadn’t included the last three bops on this album :thumb3::awk::oprah2: « it’s so boring! She needs to switch things up again! It’s BB volume 2!!! :paris:« 

24 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Every time I dislike a Lana album I’ll go listen to an album that’s meant to be good released the same year and my like of said Lana album will instantly go up :blush3:

I mean who is giving us Candy necklace Paris Texas?

This!!!!! (Looking at you, Miley :oic2:)

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

Every time I dislike a Lana album I’ll go listen to an album that’s meant to be good released the same year and my like of said Lana album will instantly go up :blush3:

I mean who is giving us Candy necklace Paris Texas?

:true:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over