Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

5 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Whew, A&W could give her her first Grammy :defeated: (Or at least another Grammy nod lol)

A&W is ICONIC, that song deserves a grammy. 

9 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I couldn't agree more 

Give her SOTY, AOTY and BAMA and I'm fine with it:true:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Among the four nominations the album could get, I think Lana's biggest competition is SZA.

soty: A&W and Kill Bill
aoty: sos and ocean blvd 

for best alternative music album and best alternative performance Lana could get those two.  i would be lying if i didn't say that i want her to win soty and aoty  of course.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 hour ago, margaret soty said:

I hope they nominate her in the alternative categories, I'm sure Lana would have a chance to win. :pray2:

I feel like boygenius may be almost a lock to win the alternative categories at this point.  Their album is universally acclaimed and Phoebe Bridgers has a really good team. The Grammys may not let Lana into the alternative categories anyway though. 

6 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I feel like boygenius may be almost a lock to win the alternative categories at this point.  It’s universally acclaimed and Phoebe Bridgers has a really good team. The Grammys may not let Lana into the alternative categories anyway though. 

I never got the “indie” snubbing of Lana- this crap all happened after the trust fund baby claims- then everyone acted like she was a Katy Perry popstar and slated her for being “pop starved” in the words of the guardian :awkney:  she’s more deserving than the those girls sorry!

8 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I never got the “indie” snubbing of Lana- this crap all happened after the trust fund baby claims- then everyone acted like she was a Katy Perry popstar and slated her for being “pop starved” in the words of the guardian :awkney:  she’s more deserving than the those girls sorry!

Yeah I feel like Lana is often seen as too pop for alternative categories and too alternative for pop categories. 

1 hour ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Among the four nominations the album could get, I think Lana's biggest competition is SZA.

for best alternative music album and best alternative performance Lana could get those two.  i would be lying if i didn't say that i want her to win soty and aoty  of course.

I totally forgot about Midnights, that album might get some nominations too:silly:

1 hour ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

i really like sza but sos is a bad album and kill bill is kind of an annoying song:bebe: i hate that this album is more successful because it feels so lazy compared to ctrl:um2:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

i really like sza but sos is a bad album and kill bill is kind of an annoying song:bebe: i hate that this album is more successful because it feels so lazy compared to ctrl:um2:

if i had to give a grammy to A&W or Kill Bill i would give it to Lana... and i say that out of fanaticism, that reminds me of when Bad Guy won over NFR, i love billie, but the lyrics of NFR completely sweeps bad guy....

2 hours ago, taco truck said:

Yeah this is a bad take and you should have kept it to yourself 😭😭😭 SOS is an AMAZING album. She will sweep at the Grammys.

21 minutes ago, lanaslefttit said:

Yeah this is a bad take and you should have kept it to yourself 😭😭😭 SOS is an AMAZING album. She will sweep at the Grammys.

Ok Lanaslefttit 

3 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

I really think SOS deserves to get AOTY, it’s about time a woman of colour won again and that album did amazing commercially and critically. It’s a phenomenal album and it felt like the whole world was tuned in 

I agree a WOC winning would be great but I think CTRL would’ve been the more deserving album of SZA’s:crying5: But obviously we know Grammys don’t actually care about quality anyways so I think SZA winning would be great if Lana didn’t (which weirdly I think she has a chance, I def think she’s gonna get a nom) but also I could totally see them giving it to Boygenius, which I also wouldn’t totally mind. Honestly anything but Midnights and I’m a Taylor fan.