Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

2 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

did it leak:eartha2:

An outtake called " Did You Know My Grandfather Fell Of My Fathers Shoulders While He Rang A Bell At The San Francisco Docks In  California , USA While Doing A Cartwheel On The Top Of A John Deer Tractor Psycho Lifeguard " leaked :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

14 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

so weird we still dont have the demos for the title track and fingertips but we also dont have the demo for California so

That just reminded me we have a snippet of the California Demo since 2020 :xgiggle::pout:

When is it gonna be her turn:krylie:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

not to mention the references to the ocean...

i'm lying in the ocean, singing your song

pulled me up by my waist, long hair to the beachside

i wanted to go out like you

swim with the fishes that he caught on rhode island beaches

she also mentions the ocean similarily in kill kill/the ocean

the ocean makes me cry

i'm in love with a dying man, i'm in love, lying in the sand

oh my god this just clicked i’m gonna have a mental breakdown :stareney:

After pondering this for a long time, I think that American Whore would have been a much better album title. It would be super iconic and fit the album better. Of course I get why she didn't go with that - it's too vulgar, but the current title doesn't really capture the album's essence imo.

6 minutes ago, Creyk said:

After pondering this for a long time, I think that American Whore would have been a much better album title. It would be super iconic and fit the album better. Of course I get why she didn't go with that - it's too vulgar, but the current title doesn't really capture the album's essence imo.

american whore would not have been the better title and it’s not because of vulgarity in my opinion. the themes of the album expand past just  sex or being an “american whore.” i think the current tunnel encapsulates the ideas expressed in the album well and i also loved the theory of the album kind of being like a journey through a tunnel, making your way to the light at the end (with it being very dark in the middle) 

6 minutes ago, Creyk said:

I don’t think Lana really cares about vulgar titles (Norman Fucking Rockwell) but I think the listening experience is supposed to be like entering a tunnel - apprehensive and contemplative in the beginning, darkening in the middle, and finally the light at the end of the tunnel. Because of this I think the current title is the only title that makes sense.

4 minutes ago, the greatest bitch said:

I don’t think Lana really cares about vulgar titles (Norman Fucking Rockwell) but I think the listening experience is supposed to be like entering a tunnel - apprehensive and contemplative in the beginning, darkening in the middle, and finally the light at the end of the tunnel. Because of this I think the current title is the only title that makes sense.

:gclap:

2 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

not to mention the references to the ocean...

i'm lying in the ocean, singing your song

pulled me up by my waist, long hair to the beachside

i wanted to go out like you

swim with the fishes that he caught on rhode island beaches

she also mentions the ocean similarily in kill kill/the ocean

the ocean makes me cry

i'm in love with a dying man, i'm in love, lying in the sand

She has a couple dead boyfriends, poor thing 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Ok idk if anyone agrees with me but I’m so tired of people saying Lana isn’t promoting this album. Like she has done multiple magazines, gone to events, been active on social media, is filming music videos, released 3 singles, etc. She definitely has promoted and it payed off. She had a great debut and has been in the top 10 of Billboard for 2 weeks. Like idk what else you want her to do, she never has promoted the same way someone like Taylor promotes  

And she is about to start a whole ass festival tour and there have been tons of social media ads and billboards.