Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Canadian store still includes the interlude on the new vinyl… I think it’s just a mistake on their part.

Where is this from? 

Dunno found it on Facebook 💀

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

Just here to say, I'm glad they have removed the Judah Smith interlude on the new vinyl version coming out. That track has been blocked on Spotify since my first full listen to Ocean Blvd. Going from A&W into Candy Necklace is how I've become accustomed to this album playing out. FINALLY a vinyl version I can listen to beginning to end without skipping a track. That track knocked this album down a few notches for me tbh. Having a blocked track on a Lana album has been very disconcerting. Glad to put that trigger track behind me finally!!

Also tata vinyl is a winwin!!

Ps. I wonder if Judah Smith had something to do with the removal of the track given Lana's tata would be hanging out on the cover? Just wondering why it's been removed on the new version. I'm totally ok with its removal, just curious why.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

On 4/4/2023 at 2:25 PM, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

This is super strange. He didn't need to delete his whole channel. Ajay's been gone for over a year and she didn't shut down her page. 

Could be for copyright reasons seeing as he didn't always edit out the full song. 

I would think so, but he definitely mentioned something happened in his personal life. Hope he’s alright tho…

Hellooo! I’m not sure if this is the correct forum/thread to be discussing about this topic, but I recently found a very interesting video about the music industry - and it made me think about Lana and her situation(s). 

Video in spoiler:

Spoiler

First off, this video talks about how artists can’t control their release dates (if signed to a label). It reminds me of SZA’s scenario with SOS. She had the album finished years ago, but TDE would not release it (until late 2022) for whatever reason. 

This also made me wonder if this has caused LDR’s release date of “Ocean Blvd” to be postponed (or any other pushed back projects she has done in the past). Is it out of Lana’s control? or has Interscope/Polydor given Lana the status to release projects whenever she wants to? I know we, the fandom, tends to make fun of Lana for not being truthful about her release dates, but is it in her control? (please correct me)

Overall, I just think this business side of music is interestingly odd. lol Capitalism, amiright? 

2 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

the dolby atmos stems are available on this channel! time to listen to the album again 3 consecutive times :trisha:

i just listened to the fishtail one and she's definitely saying "sunburnt bruises". i also listened to the paris texas one and in one channel it sounds like she says "to spain" but in another its very very clearly "this way" so i'm stumped on that one maybe she says both

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

41 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

i just listened to the fishtail one and she's definitely saying "sunburnt bruises"

when listening to fishtail today, i decided to pay closer attention to the lyrics and i think i heard these too. imo it would also connect with the line "lately i've been sunning in the LA riverbed" :hooker: but to be honest when i was listening to the song when the album came out, i first heard "summer bruises", so i have no idea what to think :toofunny:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

4 hours ago, itsmarvinabel said:

So, a new vinyl variant is out for pre-order with the Judah Smith Interlude omitted from the tracklist—does this mean future pressings will exclude the track going forward now?

not the album going from a 9.9 to a total 10 :oprah4:

Damn so I didn’t really pay attention to the jsmith interlude but I kinda liked it. 

that whole, preaching about you, but actually preaching about himself. Rhino designer, the lannister-like piano, respectfully, the layers of sound and echoes. 

i kinda liked the similar feel of having a cult like status kind of perspective akin to all the men Lana might’ve had devotion for that didn’t really deserve it, as an addition to the album.

for me it said/ messaged the theme of like, well damn, I’m only just a man, a human too, and as that, didn’t deserve that pedestal that he was put onto when he preached

UV/Honeymoon