Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

I can't wait to hear the demo of Ocean Blvd. I need to know what changed/what's different

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

Happy to announce that after weeks of trying, I've gaslit myself into loving Fishtail. 

Also I'm cbf going back through all the pages; what's everyone's take on rust dress? New album releasing Friday? Ok I'm on board, let's do this.

I like the track. But it's soooo daaamn quiet, I can barely hear it on my headphones. Thank god i'm not some studio head at interscope because heads would be flyin'

11 hours ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Just here to say, I'm glad they have removed the Judah Smith interlude on the new vinyl version coming out. That track has been blocked on Spotify since my first full listen to Ocean Blvd. Going from A&W into Candy Necklace is how I've become accustomed to this album playing out. FINALLY a vinyl version I can listen to beginning to end without skipping a track. That track knocked this album down a few notches for me tbh. Having a blocked track on a Lana album has been very disconcerting. Glad to put that trigger track behind me finally!!

Also tata vinyl is a winwin!!

Ps. I wonder if Judah Smith had something to do with the removal of the track given Lana's tata would be hanging out on the cover? Just wondering why it's been removed on the new version. I'm totally ok with its removal, just curious why.

cuz it's a bizarre cut that knocks the wind out of the mid section of the album and everyone hates it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

8 hours ago, Yosemite said:

Haven’t been keeping up w this thread but Neil posted a print of that Polaroid shit w/ the Rust Dress 2 Lana’s holding on the nipple cover, w the 🧐 emoji.
Then he posted a bunch of others that say Rust Dress, Rust Dress 2 and Rust Dress 3(?) on them. They all say 2014, except for the third that says 2015. 
What does this mean? Has it been debated here in the last hour? :raven:

I think those are exposure times? First two shot in 9/2014 and the last one 6/2015. I don’t know how that works on film but on my digital camera exposure times generally look like 1/50 1/200 etc so I’m not sure if they are even exposure but Neil also wrote ISO on top so it makes sense that he’d also write exposure.

9 hours ago, margaret soty said:

This album has really grown on me, even songs like Fingertips and Fishtail that weren't my favorites before. :wowcry:

I removed the Judah Smith interlude and now my mind is at ease. :hottie:

I’ve downloaded an instrumental version of it because it was so good but I just can’t with the pastor yelling. Now the album is perfect :true:

i love the title track so much, it’s definitely the best song on the album for me and i’m so glad i waited until the album release to listen to it. i would really recommend anyone who feels like it to do it, it’s 100% worth it in terms of effect the first listen has on you

5 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

i love the title track so much, it’s definitely the best song on the album for me and i’m so glad i waited until the album release to listen to it. i would really recommend anyone who feels like it to do it, it’s 100% worth it in terms of effect the first listen has on you

i did the same and i absolutely confirm it 100% worth of it, im so glad that i can take all songs as the one project while if i would listen to the singles i would have felt weird about it and this is why i tried not to listen to anything and it worked the bestest:angie: :true:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

I wake up every morning with Fingertips stuck in my head :defeated: Right now I'm enchanted by these lines:

It wasn't my idea the cocktail of things that twist neurons inside
But without them, I'd die
They say there's irony in the music, it's a traaAagedy
I see nothing Greek in it
Give me a mausoleum in Rhode Island with Dad, Grandma, Grandpa and Dave
Who hung himself real high
In the National Park sky

It's a shame and I'm cryyying right now
To get to you, save you if I take my life
Find your astral body... put it into my arms

:crai:

2 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

What makes this era feel dry to me is the fact that we haven't interacted with Lana that much:pft:

the chorus sounds way better oh wow 

I also miss the live chat, it always provided interesting new insights :um2: