Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 hour ago, blackpalmtrees said:

She just sits in a studio singing into a mic its not like she produces or mixes the entire album… y’all make it seem like she’s slaving away just for our satisfaction 

Music is her hobby not her job, her job is to keep us entertained 

wtf are you talking about? she's a singer, music is her job, it takes work for artists to write music, record vocals, work with producers to get the exact sound they want, and decide what gets released, she also does the occasional photoshoot or interview, also, not to mention the fact that it can take hours, days, or even months just to do one song, she shouldn't have to do anything she doesn't want to do, her job can be difficult, being famous isn't easy, but even if her job was easy or more like a hobby, she still doesn't owe anybody anything :scoff:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

I lowkey love that Taco Truck is so short. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that part of the song, but it's such a creative power move for her to give us one minute of a masterpiece and then say "although it seems I've gotten better, I can be violent too" right before she pulls the rug from beneath us and abandons the song completely to transition into a dirty remix of her most iconic song instead :wowcry:

3 hours ago, blackpalmtrees said:

She just sits in a studio singing into a mic its not like she produces or mixes the entire album… y’all make it seem like she’s slaving away just for our satisfaction 

Music is her hobby not her job, her job is to keep us entertained 

This is very serious. You should speak to HR and have them give her a talking to.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

why do people think music is just her hobby :assad: does lana have another full time job that i’m unaware of?? her main source of income is making music and selling it. and it’s her JOB. her music was her hobby back when she was singing in bars for free while working as a waitress. her writing was a hobby when she was 12 writing poetry about autumn days and singing in choirs. 

people really love to undermine her artistry, fans or not. it’s really sad because she’s a genius and one of the best writers of our time and yet again people think she’s only doing this for her fans or for the public. was she doing all this for the public when she quite literally had no fans and was recording music in studios for which she had to pay? was she slaving away for the fans when she had no fans and was a nobody? damn right she wasn’t, she’s always done it for herself, we just happen to listen to it and like it

5 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

With all the things that happened this year we still have :

• a new magazine in 10 days 
  • Two new songs in less than two months
  • Music video with her dad
  • Say yes to heaven ( new version )
  • Possible tour
  • Music videos with beautiful visuals 

this era ATE :krylie:

The announcement of LDR10:lange:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

5 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

With all the things that happened this year we still have :

• a new magazine in 10 days 
  • Two new songs in less than two months
  • Music video with her dad
  • Say yes to heaven ( new version )
  • Possible tour
  • Music videos with beautiful visuals 

this era ATE :krylie:

This plus we have have a confirmed festival tour (I’m personally just going to call it a festival tour)

The Grants has easily become my favourite Lana song ever, I say this as a pretty long time fan who loves all her other albums! Margaret might just be second too. 

Personally I think this album has the most beautiful songwriting of her career, I think she’s hitting a similar style as she did on NFR but writing about her family, death, and legacy is much more moving for me. I never really expected her to write about life this way but I’m glad she did :crai:

nice cocc bro

In Interview Mag she says

“I know from Echo Park, like Drew Erickson, Benji, and Zach Dawes. Later, I found out they were composing for all these great people like Weyes Blood and Father John Misty and Pink Floyd.”

Which producer worked with Pink Floyd??? I can’t find anything about it on the internet lol