Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

59 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

this line hits different now that both my boyfriend and i have been sick af for the past week with pink eye and coughing and fever that we gave each other x

Sorry you're not feeling well. Wash your hands often and drink tea.

44 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Quietness/muffled sound of the album is just because of bad mixing and mastering. They are sending clipping songs to streaming platforms two times in a row, it’s just not good for an artist like Lana.

It stands to reason streaming platforms may be undermined because of corporate sabotage.

Okay the thing is I didnt care for Paris Texas the first time listening to the album. But it slowly but surely definitelu grew on me & now its in my top 3 most favourite of the album . This record ages like fine wime the more you listen to it istg my top 3 is literally in constant rotation. I CAN'T CHOOSE WHAT'S THE BEST :krylie:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Okay the thing is I didnt care for Paris Texas the first time listening to the album. But it slowly but surely definitelu grew on me & now its in my top 3 most favourite of the album . This record ages like fine wime the more you listen to it istg my top 3 is literally in constant rotation. I CAN'T CHOOSE WHAT'S THE BEST :krylie:

Too Many Trinity syndrome is the best possible case for an album, we fucking won. Paris, Texas-you lonely wistful ghost that you are I love you. Fingertips is a song I'll be sad I can't hear anymore when I die, it's that good. Peppers being the coolest surfer bitch on the block-just so many wins

1 hour ago, SalvaWHORE said:

It’s super weird because this album was at first really overwhelming for me to

listen and while I really loved it and appreciated the art, it was really hard to get into the vibe fully. Now when I listen to it it already feels like a  classic. When I listen to Margaret or Sweet or any of the songs really, I feel like these have been Lana staples for years now. It’s just that good

3 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

literally like how does someone make a record where the ranking changes 5 different times 

let the light in is the best song on the album

i knew it immediately on first listen at a listening event and it still hasn't changed

it clicked and something inside me shifted for the better

tumblr-ncl1mj2-Um61rvhzzjo1-500.gif

I put the album on and listen to it as I go to sleep. I’m always curious to see what song I remember hearing before falling asleep. I haven’t made it past the Judah Smith Interlude yet. Let’s see how I do tonight. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

6 hours ago, shadesofyayo said:

the song that grew on me the most is The Grants, it's seriously soo beautiful. It has her best vocals on the album, alongside American Whore :crying4:

The track that grew on me the most is Margaret, perfect for lazy days. Also vibing to Peppers more.

The song I that I stated to skip: Candy Necklace, too depressing. Kinda shocking that this is the song chosen for what seems like will be the only MV this record will have.

19 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

Quietness/muffled sound of the album is just because of bad mixing and mastering. They are sending clipping songs to streaming platforms two times in a row, it’s just not good for an artist like Lana.

I've noticed this too. It's especially bad on Fishtail which is a shame because I really like this song

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

17 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

I love the title track but I wouldn’t describe it as the sound of summer lmao :lmao:

YvKutIi.jpg

A&W is also in there

a&w n the title track especially both give winter vibes to me  :um2:

summer tracks would be taco truck & peppers for sure. maybe fishtail & grandfather too

15 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

a&w n the title track especially both give winter vibes to me  :um2:

summer tracks would be taco truck & peppers for sure. maybe fishtail & grandfather too

I agree re TT, Peppers and Grandfather. Fishtail is a bit more low mood and for me is probably early autumn. 
margaret is definitely a summer vibe. Candy Necklace for me too - but that special part of summer when it’s so hot that all you can do is just stand still hoping that you don’t die.