Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

27 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Well let's agree to disagree then, because no one can speak with certitude about the recording timeline of those two albums. 

well she definitely didn't write ans record a song with nikki lane before they became friends. she also definitely didn't record a song about going out dancing with joan baez before they became friends. and she probably didn't record her cover of for free with zella & weyes before she started performing it with them. and i find it very unlikely that she wrote and recorded songs that reference her relationship with sean before they dated so we can be certain all these songs weren't recorded during thw nfr sessions. the only songs unaccounted for (unless someone has more info on these ones) are white dress, let me love you like a woman, wild at heart, & dark but just a game. the last 2 we can assume did come out of the nfr sessions and we know she reworked let me love you like a woman by the time nfr was released but idk about white dress. but its clear at least more than half the album couldn't logically be recorded during nfr sessions unless lana has discovered time travel.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

6 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I always find it a reach when people call NFR rock too- Mac and the greatest are soft rock but other than that it’s a piano driven folk record with some influence from pop and trip hop 

nfr is definitely not a folk record. if nfr is a folk record, then we might as well call all lana's albums folk records :true:

6 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

well she definitely didn't write ans record a song with nikki lane before they became friends. she also definitely didn't record a song about going out dancing with joan baez before they became friends. and she probably didn't record her cover of for free with zella & weyes before she started performing it with them. and i find it very unlikely that she wrote and recorded songs that reference her relationship with sean before they dated so we can be certain all these songs weren't recorded during thw nfr sessions. the only songs unaccounted for (unless someone has more info on these ones) are white dress, let me love you like a woman, wild at heart, & dark but just a game. the last 2 we can assume did come out of the nfr sessions and we know she reworked let me love you like a woman by the time nfr was released but idk about white dress. but its clear at least more than half the album couldn't logically be recorded during nfr sessions unless lana has discovered time travel.

So you agree then, a portion of the record could've been recorded right after or during the NFR sessions? :delicious:

I'm just trying to understand, why would it be so blasphemous to acknowledge that the timeline of Lana recording albums intertwines or overlaps, like pretty sure it happens with other artists, and like Lana is definitely known for recording a gazillion songs and then cherrypick what she likes for an album based on what was recorded, or reuse/rework songs she left on the cutting board for future albums. 

3 minutes ago, West Coast said:

so you agree then, a portion of the record could've been recorded right after or during the NFR sessions? :delicious:

i already said some songs did start to come about during the nfr sessions but all her albums have overlap. idk why i have to keep repeating myself, its like talking to a wall. but most of the album obviously didn't come about til at least after the nfr tour. we might as well just call evwry album a b-side album at this point since she's even said she always starts her next album before the one she's working on is done.

Just now, wilting daisy said:

i already said some songs did start to come about dueing the nfr sessions but all her albums have overlap. idk why i have to keep repeating myself, its like talking to a wall. but most of the album obviously didn't come about til at least after the nfr tour. we might as well just call evwry album a b-side album at this point since she's even said she always starts her next album before the one she's working on is done.

BoZ, Kintsugi and the likes already confirmed that Ocean Blvd is the first album in many that didn't recycle or re-use songs that were meant/recorded for past albums.

1 hour ago, palemoonbaby said:

i had today wonderful dream about Candy Necklace MV. it was nothing like she teased (hollywood stars concept). in MV she met man who was serial killer on the side and organ & body parts collector. Lana joined to him and they killed woman together. later he took from Lana "worser" body parts and sew the better ones. during funeral/kind of spirtual satanistic event she started feeling worse and she run away. he found her at bathroom and killed her by axe and MV ended by killed Lana in sheets in bathtub where water turned into red. this was epic.:krylie:

i'm adding that there was strange footage, random scenes but still cohensive and this made video more creppier and eerie.

This is abhorrent.

IMG-7960.jpg

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

did they ever come back on here btw? 

i feel like that was 100% a BOZ dupe account :rip: 

They left when the album leaked :rip:

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

BoZ, Kintsugi and the likes already confirmed that Ocean Blvd is the first album in many that didn't recycle or re-use songs that were meant/recorded for past albums.

but evwn dykttatuob has a few songs that were recorded before bb came out, so i guess its also a b-side album since that's apparently enough to make it one :coffee:

2 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

but evwn dykttatuob has a few songs that were recorded before bb came out, so i guess its also a b-side album since that's apparently enough to make it one :coffee:

Blue Banisters is most definitely a b-sides album though, never argued that, but so is Chemtrails :scoff:

Just now, West Coast said:

Blue Banisters is most definitely a b-sides album though, never argued that, but so is Chemtrails :scoff:

actually all her albums are b-sides albums bc some of the writing and recording overlaps :nails:

12 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

nfr is definitely not a folk record. if nfr is a folk record, then we might as well call all lana's albums folk records :true:

I mean I’d argue hope, NFR, Bartender and love song were all folk ballads- just piano driven folk songs 

Just now, wilting daisy said:

actually all her albums are b-sides albums bc some of the writing and recording overlaps :nails:

You let the light in :true:

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

Honestly, is there any objective way to tell what her best album is

in terms of lana discogrsphy its hands down ultraviolence :true: opinions and stuff but its objectively

Shes been revisiting this era throughout her whole career soundwise, lyricwise etc this record is just the most lana to the core and thats it, not only musicwise but her aesthetics that era, looks, atmosphere, everything is so just cool and u can disagree if u a casual lana listeners but its very Hard to disagree if u love lana tbh

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y