Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Just now, wilting daisy said:

i can't wait for lana's 10th b-side albumย :hottie:

ย 

Live, laugh, love that for youย :hottie:

3 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

in terms of lana discogrsphy its hands down ultraviolenceย :true:ย opinions and stuff but its objectively

Shes been revisiting this era throughout her whole career soundwise, lyricwise etc this record is just the most lana to the core and thats it, not only musicwise but her aesthetics that era, looks, atmosphere, everything is so just cool and u can disagree if u a casual lana listeners but its very Hard to disagree if u love lana tbh

Well I'd have to disagree with that and I'm a pretty hardcore fan.

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

?

ย 

I donโ€™t see how itโ€™s really debatable tbh- even mac and Venice have some folk influence in there- BAR is definitely folk mixed tropical popย 

a great deal of songs from all her albums have folk influence. at heart, she is a folk writer and a folk singer. but if we're full on calling nfr a folk album, lets do the same with all her other albumsย :true:

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

transformed a little bit because there are some surf elements to some of the songs". She clarified the album was not "really surf-y like Dick Dale" but featured a lot of electric guitars with a little Red Hot Chili Peppers influence.

ย 

one song- where were the othersย :awkney:

Assuming she did not recycle the surf bridge from peppersย 

27 minutes ago, George Parasol said:

Well I'd have to disagree with that and I'm a pretty hardcore fan.

i mean, u can love other albums more than ultraviolence, my no1 album is lust for life but its only because of my own taste, but sure its not the most essentual or best lana record, if we would make a thread and ask to pick one best album in her discography, uv would be no1 thats 754% im sure in, because i mean its just the most accurate lana album idk how else to describe its just objectivey - not in every case u can say 'well everybody has different opinions', and picking up the best lana record isnt one of these case too, uv is simply best ะธ ะฒัะต ั‚ัƒั‚! only hm can compete

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

6 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

i mean, u can love other albums more than ultraviolence, my no1 album is lust for life but its only because of my own taste, but sure its not the most essentual or best lana record, if we would make a thread and ask to pick one best album in her discography, uv would be no1 thats 754% im sure in, because i mean its just the most accurate lana album idk how else to describe its just objectivey - not in every case u can say 'well everybody has different opinions', and picking up the best lana record isnt one of these case too, uv is simply best ะธ ะฒัะต ั‚ัƒั‚!ย 

Sorry, there's no meaningful way to call any of her albums 'the best' 'objectively' in any sense of the word.

39 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

transformed a little bit because there are some surf elements to some of the songs". She clarified the album was not "really surf-y like Dick Dale" but featured a lot of electric guitars with a little Red Hot Chili Peppers influence.

ย 

one song- where were the othersย :awkney:

Assuming she did not recycle the surf bridge from peppersย 

What do you mean with Peppers because you qouted her talking about NFR! :rip:

33 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

What do you mean with Peppers because you qouted her talking about NFR! :rip:

Yes I know- we went on a tangent about NFRย 

People keep saying the main distinction between NFR and this album is it being a surf rock record but in reality f*ck I love you is the only song with minor surf influencesย 

I know something we can all agree on, she will never top off to the racesย :oprah3:

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

ย 

11 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Yes I know- we went on a tangent about NFRย 

People keep saying the main distinction between NFR and this album is it being a surf rock record but in reality f*ck I love you is the only song with minor surf influencesย 

girl i feel like you have way too narrow a definition of surf

14 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

So was the peppers bridge a pre existing song during the NFR era?

she just samples/interpolates wipeout! into the song. so yes i guess it was a pre-existing song. in fact, it pre-existed lana's entire existenceย :oic3:

I have no idea what โ€œsurf rockโ€ means but based off vibes alone of those 2 wordsย Fuck it I love you, Doin Time, Venice Bitch, The Greatest andย California give โ€œsurf rockโ€ vibes

ย 

I feel like this surf rock discourse has discussed to death since 2018. Maybe itโ€™s time to move on

1 minute ago, Candy Necklace said:

I have no idea what โ€œsurf rockโ€ means but based off vibes alone of those 2 wordsย Fuck it I love you, Doin Time, Venice Bitch, The Greatest andย California give โ€œsurf rockโ€ vibes

ย 

I feel like this surf rock discourse has discussed to death since 2018. Maybe itโ€™s time to move on

yeah actually i wouldย consider all of the songs you listedย at least a little bit surf influenced. i'd also add mariners apartment complex, how to disappear, & happiness is a butterfly. afterall, she very specifically said she didn't mean surf like dick dale which ironicallyย is what everyone seems to thinkย she means by surf.

Beautiful (even though it's not on NFR) is also a surf rock song , don't forget that bestiesย :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.ย Itโ€™s on my album Honeymoon. Itโ€™s the antithesis of hopefulness. Itโ€™s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

ย 

1 minute ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Beautiful (even though it's not on NFR) is also a surf rock song , don't forget that bestiesย :true:

i really think that fake insider thought the instrumental from her tiktok that was captioned "its beautiful" was from the song beautiful and thought it'd be an easy way to be right and look like a real insider but it was really from the poem quietย waiter blue forever so they were wrong