Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

32 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Why is this song so damn awful with him :toofloppy:

it sounds like a parody :eartha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Lana names so many men in her music, I can't believe she finally said my name (Aaron) not once but twice in a single song :deadbanana:

Aaron ended up dead... :crai:

10 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

a pawn shop blues rework would’ve fit perfectly between fingertips and paris:true:

God, what a brilliant song "in the name of higher consciousness i let the best man i knew go..."

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

For the first time on any LDR album, I hear a shrill quality in Lana's voice, especially on 'Grandfather,' 'The Grants,' and 'A&W,' but also a little on 'Fingertips.'

Does anyone else hear this? We're all such audiophiles here, I'm constantly amazed at the number of things different members are able to pick out, from annoying sounds to clicks and different instruments in the arrangements. 

Classic female vocalists like Laura Nyro and Kate Bush also occasionally had a shrill quality to their vocals--but Nyro sang in the loose, 'live' Amy Winehouse style, which made it tolerable, but when Bush goes shrill, as she does on several of her later albums ('The Sensual World' and 'The Red Shoes'), to me it's unlistenable

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

Why is this song so damn awful with him :toofloppy:

why is this so funny

him ice skating with his mittens on  :air:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

1 hour ago, PARADIXO said:

Lana names so many men in her music, I can't believe she finally said my name (Aaron) not once but twice in a single song :deadbanana:

Aaron ended up dead... :crai:

And it's in the best song and with the most beautiful run she's ever done. (I lose control of my breath during the "kiss aaron Greene and sit by the lake twisting lime" it's just FUCKING STUPENDOUS) That's some king shit, take this crown.

6 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

And it's in the best song and with the most beautiful run she's ever done. (I lose control of my breath during the "kiss aaron Greene and sit by the lake twisting lime" it's just FUCKING STUPENDOUS) That's some king shit, take this crown.

I know right, the rhythm of her words and how she separates lines is so great in Fingertips! Truly a poem made into song

20 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Can’t believe we’re getting ocean part two with a cover of training wheels as a diss to Melanie Martinez :wowcry:

now whyd they cut it off right before the part i wanted to hear :crossed:

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

For the first time on any LDR album, I hear a shrill quality in Lana's voice, especially on 'Grandfather,' 'The Grants,' and 'A&W,' but also a little on 'Fingertips.'

Does anyone else hear this? We're all such audiophiles here, I'm constantly amazed at the number of things different members are able to pick out, from annoying sounds to clicks and different instruments in the arrangements. 

Classic female vocalists like Laura Nyro and Kate Bush also occasionally had a shrill quality to their vocals--but Nyro sang in the loose, 'live' Amy Winehouse style, which made it tolerable, but when Bush goes shrill, as she does on several of her later albums ('The Sensual World' and 'The Red Shoes'), to me it's unlistenable

to me her voice sometimes seems a bit squeaky (like in Margaret). i don't know if this is intended because she hits the notes of other songs quite well again

33 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Can’t believe we’re getting ocean part two with a cover of training wheels as a diss to Melanie Martinez :wowcry:

this is a bit scary, it sounds like melanie, but theres a lana touch in the song. ai is freaky

I’ve finally decided that Margaret is the worse song on the album 

i even préfère the interludes since they have more life to it.

the album is already a classic. I left it for a minute since I was listening to jt everyday and only songs from it.

came back to it today and shieeeeetttttt

the way it’s cohesive, the journey you go on about grief and family, and love and becoming comfortable in your own sexuality and finding the joy in being care free.

Lovely journey 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Hi all,

Just need to rant: 

LANA WHERE IS CN MUSIC VIDEO????????? LIKE UPDATE US!!!! I AM NOT EVEN HYPED NO MORE. 

okay rant over. 
have a blessed day xx

8Qg234E.gif

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

She went shrill on BB via some songs but I think it worked on black bathing suit personally-it was like scat singing almost.

others have said she sounds shrill on Arcadia but in reality the engineer clearly had not done their job well if Lana was in the right environment? Because the audio levels  overloaded and starting clipping on her belts-very poorly done.

I don’t hear shrillness on ocean personally 

22 minutes ago, Sweet said:

Hi all,

Just need to rant: 

LANA WHERE IS CN MUSIC VIDEO????????? LIKE UPDATE US!!!! I AM NOT EVEN HYPED NO MORE. 

okay rant over. 
have a blessed day xx

I felt every character of this post :bebe:

2 hours ago, Vertimus said:

For me it was more the case on Blue Banisters, especially on the songs Beautiful and Arcadia, her high notes really annoy me on those ones. I have no issue with the ones on Ocean Blvd though, the last "God if you're near me..." on Grandfather is one of my favorite moments on the record.