Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

On 4/19/2023 at 1:34 AM, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

Dad and Son finally listen to Ocean Blvd, and the Dad literally cries throughout majority of the whole album.

I paid $2 on their patreon to watch the full 2h30m reaction :popcorn: but here’s the YouTube cut:

full

Spoiler

here’s the link to full 2hr+ reaction (Patreon edition).
not sure if it will work, but I realized the video they uploaded just sends you to a new URL link. worth a shot to share for those interested in an in-depth discussion/reaction of Ocean Blvd.

https://iframe.mediadelivery.net/play/47584/e99be779-ed1c-4690-8bed-d2be99f74408

I must say, the album is really growing on me beautifully. I loved it at first listen but didn't think I would come back to it, especially certain tracks that didn't have much replay value but honestly songs such as The Grants, Sweet, Grandfather etc are so well constructed it's actually so impressive. I've been stuck listening to the album as a whole for a few days now and I truly think it's some of her best work. Title track is probably one of the best song she ever made, the imagery, the different metaphorical layers behind this mysterious tunnel (her career, her past relationships, the misogyny she faced) the beautiful post NFR instrumental... She put everything she is and what she has to offer to the world as an artist in this record and it's so beautiful to see. Can't wait to dig more and more into it. 

I haven't listened to the whole album in some days,  only replayed a few songs but it's because I want to take my time listening to the album & really dive into it & enjoy it. It's similiar to Honeymoon & UV to me in that case where I gonna take my time to fully enjoy every second of it or where I listen to them in special moments. NFR is kinda that way too, it became my summer & when I'm at the beachside album. But anyways that's how you know this album is in my top 3 & how much I love it. I do it with all her albums ofc as well but I also play them while I'm cleaning or doing sth else & can't focus on every detail. So much great music though :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

37 minutes ago, loveyoumadly said:

I must say, the album is really growing on me beautifully. I loved it at first listen but didn't think I would come back to it, especially certain tracks that didn't have much replay value but honestly songs such as The Grants, Sweet, Grandfather etc are so well constructed it's actually so impressive. I've been stuck listening to the album as a whole for a few days now and I truly think it's some of her best work. Title track is probably one of the best song she ever made, the imagery, the different metaphorical layers behind this mysterious tunnel (her career, her past relationships, the misogyny she faced) the beautiful post NFR instrumental... She put everything she is and what she has to offer to the world as an artist in this record and it's so beautiful to see. Can't wait to dig more and more into it. 

It really is an « addictive » album. NFR also did that for me: I couldn’t just play one song: I had to play the whole bunch or, at least, parts of the album. 

I can’t wait to see her festival outfits, I hope she dresses like she normally does. Her most iconic performance looks are from festivals 

We need big hair, vintage dresses, flowers in hair, face beat, lips filled, guitar she can’t play in her hand. Give us a serve 

23 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I can’t wait to see her festival outfits, I hope she dresses like she normally does. Her most iconic performance looks are from festivals 

We need big hair, vintage dresses, flowers in hair, face beat, lips filled, guitar she can’t play in her hand. Give us a serve 

So true. I hope she ditches the NFR long dresses and goes for knee length ones again. Such a serve. 

Also no side part hair pls. Centre parted hair is her look.

What songs can we expect to be featured from OB?

Sweet/Margaret/LTLI?

2 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

So true. I hope she ditches the NFR long dresses and goes for knee length ones again. Such a serve. 

Also no side part hair pls. Centre parted hair is her look.

What songs can we expect to be featured from OB?

Sweet/Margaret/LTLI?

Well her style has actually changed a lot since NFR!, I think it is more glamorous now. I think her hair will be in ribbons. 

As for songs, Peppers, A&W, The Grants, and Ocean Blvd??? Maybe Candy Necklace 

i've fallen in love with kintsugi :trisha: at first, it wasn't one of my top tracks of the album, but now i remember all the lyrics to it :trisha: it's such a beautiful, comforting song

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif