Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

5 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I can’t wait to see her festival outfits, I hope she dresses like she normally does. Her most iconic performance looks are from festivals 

We need big hair, vintage dresses, flowers in hair, face beat, lips filled, guitar she can’t play in her hand. Give us a serve 

I love that little guitar prop that she holds

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

30 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Ok but now I get why this album feels so short, she either starts singing late or finishes singing early, why not sing the whole damn song :krylie:

plus two interludes :awkney:

8415-B371-8279-4-D6-B-9-FD5-81-FC72-E863

Yes too many intros and outros.

On 4/23/2023 at 5:58 PM, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

full

Reveal hidden contents

here’s the link to full 2hr+ reaction (Patreon edition).
not sure if it will work, but I realized the video they uploaded just sends you to a new URL link. worth a shot to share for those interested in an in-depth discussion/reaction of Ocean Blvd.

https://iframe.mediadelivery.net/play/47584/e99be779-ed1c-4690-8bed-d2be99f74408

from all us broke bitches, thank you

Dad is a Lana stan and we accept him :flutter:

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑

On 4/22/2023 at 9:05 PM, Cherry Blossom said:

My hatred of Blue Banisters isn’t for the actual songs themselves, but the album and its concept / creation.

Individually, the songs are great. The 3 2013 songs, IYLDWM, BBS, Arcadia, Dealer, Thunder and Sweet Carolina are some of my favourite Lana songs. However the creation of Blue Banisters (in my opinion) is so incredibly lazy and random. 

Not to mention, the things she attempted with Text Book, Blue Banisters, WFWF, Beautiful and Violets For Roses are done miles better on Ocean Blvd.

Personally, I think Blue Banisters is a stain on her discography simply because she rushed to release it (and the initial concept was changed so many times) and it feels unfocused. The songs I mentioned above were necessary for her to get to the stage she is at with her poetic personal writing, but that doesn’t mean she should have released this. It feels like she had those 4 singles, realised she found where she wanted to go artistically on future records, and tried to quickly shape an album around it by pulling songs from anywhere and everywhere (including YouTube). 

TL;DR: Sometimes songs have to be written for an artist to move forward artistically but that doesn’t mean they have to be released. 

Anyways yeah that’s my personal opinion on BB, I don’t hate it like it’s not Ava Max level bad but still it sits at the bottom of my ranking and will probably stay there. For newer fans, or people who don’t care for albums as a collective body, I understand why they would like it but for me I just cant see this compilation of tracks as an acclaimed body of work on par with her others.

it's a shit record that she totally winged and everything you said is correct. Shoulda been an EP like Paradise. It doesn't deserve to be called an LDR album. Hopefully, it remains the lowest bar she'll ever hit.

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

it's a shit record that she totally winged and everything you said is correct. Shoulda been an EP like Paradise. It doesn't deserve to be called an LDR album. Hopefully, it remains the lowest bar she'll ever hit.

Thx bae

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

On 4/22/2023 at 1:59 PM, ultrabanisters said:

people just hate BB because they're in denial that it's a top 4 album with such long standing classics as title track, living legend and text book

a classic! :true:

Period!!!!!!!

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

it was never that serious fr

just enjoy it pahleez for your own sake :hype:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

:oic2: but it's still miles better than 90% of the stuff by other artists. 

I'll take BB over Lover even. 

On 4/22/2023 at 6:20 PM, ivory almond said:

:yawn:
me when mac, venice bitch, cinnamon girl, and california clear almost all of ocean blvd

imo, ocean blvd lacks a warmth that i get from her other albums, most notably uv, hm, nfr, and bb, which are why i love those albums so much
the songs on ocean blvd are great, but just because a song is objectively good doesn't make it my favorite

No it's true :true:

It's weird bc OB does have the power to make me emotional, but I find it hard to really connect to many of the songs, and it's not just because they're based on very subjective and personal experiences. Idk, it hasn't entered my holy trinity of Lana albums  - just a few songs off the record have the same timeless, instant classic quality to them imo