Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

7 hours ago, Jared said:

Β 

Β 

I felt myself losing brain cells reading this. It really doesn't get much more shallow and superfical than this.Β 

Β 

Β 

King.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedΒ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

you say a lot of nonsense stuff on this forum but this one here is on another level of stupidityΒ 

Β 

Nice try,Β guys. But I'm not taking the bait. If you don't like my comment, you can seethe and waste your energyΒ but it's not my problem.

Β 

Also disregarding your oh so innovative comments... Not in kintergarden over here, but you kids play ✌🏻 

This album is perfection and everytime I keep listening and reading the lyrics it's just... UGH I HATE HER SO MUCH 'CAUSE ITS SO GOODΒ :icant:

I've been listening to the album non-stop and I think I can finally put into words more or less how I feel about it. I'm very much in love with it, I feel like its the culmination of the themes from Chemtrails and Blue Banisters, giving way to a new page. After leaving the California imagery behind post-NFR to get to the Midwest in Chemtrails and Blue Banisters, she's again re-rooting herself into California, with ''Sweet'' kinda giving that book-end to the Midwest period in her life and bringing into the picture her home in the Northeast, in line with the overall theme of family and lineage, her roots. It's interesting to go on a retrospective of her discography and see how the persona falls apart by each album until we can see more of her being herself.

I'm very excited for the next record, I suppose she will continue exploring the family themes. Considering her romantic relationships also inspire heavily her music, I wonder if her relationship with Evan, who is also from New York, could bring the East Coast more to the forefront in her imagery. The songs about/with Mike are very much Cali beach, sunny weather and carefree, contrasting those that I assume could be about Jack (Candy Necklace, Kintsugi), which are darker tracks lyric and sound wise.

Anyway rant over, I needed to get these thoughts out of my head :thumb3:

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

Every time I start listening to a single track from this album I end up listening to the whole thing. Idk if it's a popular opinion or not on here but idc causeΒ for me it has really become Lana's best work to date. I cannot put into words how much I adore this incredible record, it's literally perfect, zero skips, no comments, I'm just in awe of this piece of art

2 minutes ago, Favorite Ever said:

Can I just fuckin say. Callin Aquaman to my bedroom, ended up we fucked on the hotel floor. Fuckin ICONIC, it’s poetry

jason momoa was def the best part of a&w

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

I've officially entered the era of anxiety that the Candy Necklace video will never see the light of day and will join the list of projects she's mentioned and then never spoke of again. It's honestly criminal releasing this masterpiece of an album without a single music video...Β :crai:

π™Έπšβ€™πšœ πšπš’πšŸπš’πš—πš πšπš’πš πšπš›πšŽπšŽ, π™Έπšβ€™πšœ πšπš’πšŸπš’πš—πš πš‚πš’πš•πšŸπš’πšŠ π™Ώπš•πšŠπšπš‘