Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

ok but Fingertips hits really hard and is SO important like wtf?

I low-key found it annoying at first but let me tell you this

this song SLAPS :trisha:

3 hours ago, Favorite Ever said:

Was it not aquaman? Oh shit I heard aquaman

I mean she does random references but that would be on another level lol

Isn't it Called up one drunk? 

the way they just tried to make up a lana song and predicted let the light in like a decade ago:oprah: thinking if she will actually have all other songs with that names in future:true:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

18 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

enough time has passed... candy necklace soty 

Apparently, the only post release promotion we get is Lana randomly opening her insta to public and then closing it 😂 this era is....

On 5/2/2023 at 10:38 PM, Favorite Ever said:

Can I just fuckin say. Callin Aquaman to my bedroom, ended up we fucked on the hotel floor. Fuckin ICONIC, it’s poetry

My old man is a Batman but I can't deny the way he holds my hand :true:

Capture.jpg

On 5/3/2023 at 5:46 AM, how the light shines in said:

I've officially entered the era of anxiety that the Candy Necklace video will never see the light of day and will join the list of projects she's mentioned and then never spoke of again. It's honestly criminal releasing this masterpiece of an album without a single music video... :crai:

while bb, a far lessor album, had 3 videos.

Just wanted to drop this song here because I think in a way, it pertains to a lot of the folk themes recently explored by Lana and definitely belongs alongside the Crosby Stills and Harry Nilsson references.

Spoiler

Snowqueen of Texas
Left Paris in a cloud of smoke
They say she may be beaten
But I know that she's not broke
She's living in a cool green farmhouse

if you go to Houston , be quiet as a mouse

qaadir.gif

I listen to 'Taco Truck' and 'LTLI' the most and about equally, and then 'Fishtails,' which I prefer to its fraternal twin, 'Tulsa Jesus Freak.'  

'Margaret' isn't a bad song, in my opinion, Lana just tried to do too much with it, with Jack singing (somewhat clumsily; maybe it's the production or the mastering) and then all the talking at the end. Whether it fits on the album is another question--it belongs to the lighter/brighter side of OC, 'Sweet,' 'Grandfather,' 'The Grants,' 'LTLI.'  

I like Lana's vocals on 'Candy Necklaces' verses a lot. Classic 'dark' Lana. The 'Rockafella My Umbrella' part I don't really care for; the use of the 'Rockafella' seems completely random. Maybe the song was rushed, especially the chorus.   

27 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I like Lana's vocals on 'Candy Necklaces' verses a lot. Classic 'dark' Lana. The 'Rockafella My Umbrella' part I don't really care for; the use of the 'Rockafella' seems completely random. Maybe the song was rushed, especially the chorus.   

I think this is the most essential part of the song, my interpretation is: 

rockafella = rich older man, someone who buys her the diamond necklaces 

umbrella = his protection function 

but it seems that she's not herself but someone else, or maybe it's a kind of woman she wanted to be when she was younger (maybe inspired by a movie?). Anyway I feel a lot of BTD vibes in this song. :thirst:

1 hour ago, Harry Nilsson said:

I think this is the most essential part of the song, my interpretation is: 

rockafella = rich older man, someone who buys her the diamond necklaces 

umbrella = his protection function 

but it seems that she's not herself but someone else, or maybe it's a kind of woman she wanted to be when she was younger (maybe inspired by a movie?). Anyway I feel a lot of BTD vibes in this song. :thirst:

Yeah, I get the rich older man and the 'kept girl' or 'sugar baby' aspect, I just wish it was slightly more lyrically cohesive. And that does tie in, lyrically, to some of the BTD/P themes. The 'rockafella' part, musically, sort of jars with the rest of the song for me. 

Still hoping that BOZ’s big “surprise” that he was referencing is a visual for every song on the album. And that’s why it’s taking forever to see any videos, because she’ll release them all at once? 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

2 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

Still hoping that BOZ’s big “surprise” that he was referencing is a visual for every song on the album. And that’s why it’s taking forever to see any videos, because she’ll release them all at once? 

we know it's yes to heaven release

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

29 minutes ago, SweetHenny said:

My favourite part of this album is from the Grants and up to Taco Truck x VB. That part of the record really slaps :true:

That part is so good :trisha: